Win CoD MW 2

PostPavilion

I'd play it. IF, and only IF Treyarch paid me to play it.

It looks like CoD4.5

Coming from a guy who isn't quite sure whether or not he likes L4D2.

EDIT: Disregard that. Nick + Machete/Magnum + Combat Rifle = good times.

Edited by OliverXRenning

If war ran like CoD, we'd have nukes falling everywhere. Because people get a LOT more than 25 kills.

Not really. Realistically, ground soldiers don't kill THAT many people. A Marine I know (my old Spanish teacher) only killed thirty-three people. Yeah, that's a handful for one guy, but it's not like these people are killing HUNDREDS.

The air force and navy can sometimes kill at least one-hundred, though.

If war ran like CoD, we'd have nukes falling everywhere. Because people get a LOT more than 25 kills.

Yeah, that's what I was aiming for.

Each individual soldier probably gets one nuke.

And once again Activision treats the PC market like a bitch.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner scorning humanity.

EDIT: For our slightly less intelligent viewers, that was a joke.

Edited by OliverXRenning

Not really. Realistically, ground soldiers don't kill THAT many people. A Marine I know (my old Spanish teacher) only killed thirty-three people. Yeah, that's a handful for one guy, but it's not like these people are killing HUNDREDS.

"Only" thirty-three? That's the kind of number expert sharpshooters hit over years of high-intensity deployments, unless they're involved in civilian or prisoner massacres or something.

Some air force pilots will kill hundreds of people, as will artillery guys who launch missiles at urban areas, but that's only because most armies, including the US military, don't put too much weight on how much collateral damage they cause in air attacks so long as there are legitimate targets hidden underneath, but that's a different debate.

Firefights are only a small part of soldiering and never happen these days if everything goes according to plan. I have a friend who went through three years of service as a combat soldier in the Israeli Defense Force, maybe the most professional military on earth, including in the recent Operation Cast Lead in Gaza last year, who carried around a loaded assault rifle for the whole time and never got into a firefight, simply because his unit never had the bad luck of being attacked by an armed enemy.

There's no way games like Call of Duty are games about war and soldiering. If real life were like Call of Duty the world would be depopulated pretty quickly. They're games about shooting. Since they claim to be almost simulations, and are often cited as such, the least they could do is make the shooting more realistic, with accurate weapon specs rather than stereotypical or just plain made-up ones, with characters that aren't gods who can withstand a bullet through a lung without even slowing down, stuff like that. In CoD4 there are some weapons that are actually different weapons from the names given, that's bullshit for a game claiming to be about realistic modern warfare.

"Only" thirty-three? That's the kind of number expert sharpshooters hit over years of high-intensity deployments, unless they're involved in civilian or prisoner massacres or something.

Some air force pilots will kill hundreds of people, as will artillery guys who launch missiles at urban areas, but that's only because most armies, including the US military, don't put too much weight on how much collateral damage they cause in air attacks so long as there are legitimate targets hidden underneath, but that's a different debate.

Firefights are only a small part of soldiering and never happen these days if everything goes according to plan. I have a friend who went through three years of service as a combat soldier in the Israeli Defense Force, maybe the most professional military on earth, including in the recent Operation Cast Lead in Gaza last year, who carried around a loaded assault rifle for the whole time and never got into a firefight, simply because his unit never had the bad luck of being attacked by an armed enemy.

There's no way games like Call of Duty are games about war and soldiering. If real life were like Call of Duty the world would be depopulated pretty quickly. They're games about shooting. Since they claim to be almost simulations, and are often cited as such, the least they could do is make the shooting more realistic, with accurate weapon specs rather than stereotypical or just plain made-up ones, with characters that aren't gods who can withstand a bullet through a lung without even slowing down, stuff like that. In CoD4 there are some weapons that are actually different weapons from the names given, that's bullshit for a game claiming to be about realistic modern warfare.

Shh, you're making them feel less hardcore.

"Only" was in the context of CoD, not in the life of a real soldier.