Noob questions

Hi all,

Been playing for a few weeks now. Im really enjoying it but I was wondering if there are any good guides or walkthroughs out there. I've picked up a lot from lurking in the forums here already. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the game, e.g., tactics, optimal times to reclass, etc.

Thanks.

You can check IGN or the hard mode guides we have in the forest forums (this forum too. Just check the topics out). To be honest, Normal shouldn't give much of a challenge, but since you're practically completely new to the series, it's perfectly understandable. I suggest checking out this topic for general help. It's for H5 (you know what that is, correct?), but it's great for Normal mode too.

Hope that helped. :D

P.S. Assuming you have a DSLite, you might wanna check out Fire Emblem for the Gameboy Advance, and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the Gamecube/Wii as well. Those games, along with Radiant Dawn (Wii), are practically the highlights (and the majority of games released to the US) of the series released in the US.

Thanks for the help guys. You are right, normal difficulty isnt all that difficult but Im a chronic min-maxer when it comes to games like this so I like to get as much info as I can. If you think of anything else please let me know.

You can check IGN or the hard mode guides we have in the forest forums (this forum too. Just check the topics out). To be honest, Normal shouldn't give much of a challenge, but since you're practically completely new to the series, it's perfectly understandable. I suggest checking out this topic for general help. It's for H5 (you know what that is, correct?), but it's great for Normal mode too.

P.S. Assuming you have a DSLite, you might wanna check out Fire Emblem for the Gameboy Advance, and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the Gamecube/Wii as well. Those games, along with Radiant Dawn (Wii), are practically the highlights (and the majority of games released to the US) of the series released in the US.

What do you mean DSlite? you pretty much have to emulate FE7 now its impossible to find, and when it is on ebay its like $150 because of the rarity I'm not paying that for a GBA game.

You left out Sacred Stones, which is my second favorite in the series. Personally Fire Emblem (FE7) is my least favorite of the games released state side. Though I do like FE7 a lot better than FE6.

What do you mean DSlite? you pretty much have to emulate FE7 now its impossible to find, and when it is on ebay its like $150 because of the rarity I'm not paying that for a GBA game.

$150?!?! I bought my copy for $10 from Gamecrazy.

Me too. I paid $28 for SS though.

I got my SS for a bit less though. I got mine brand new for $20 off amazon.

He's Australian. Games are ridiculously expensive over there from what I understand.

Wow, that's crazy. I feel bad for Australians if that's true.

You stop getting good units after Ch. 6x, so keep that in mind.

If you want a guide, I'm sure plenty of people here will be happy to help you out. We also have many guides here- granted, some are situated for HM- but still.

Wow, that's crazy. I feel bad for Australians if that's true.

it's not that bad to start with, but because we get far less stock games get hard to find quite quickly and therefore expensive.

for a comparison for new games how much would a PS3 and a Wii game cost there if it were brand new (just been Released) here it would be somthing around PS3 $120 and Wii $100.

Actually, brand new Wii games are $10 less than the PS3. PS3 games are $59.99.

Is the overall flow of money better in Australia than the United States? Or are those prices unreasonable?

Edited by Ben Stein

You stop getting good units after Ch. 6x, so keep that in mind.

If you want a guide, I'm sure plenty of people here will be happy to help you out. We also have many guides here- granted, some are situated for HM- but still.

Roger, Caeser, Horace, Minerva, and Jake say hi.

Roger is outclassed by Draug.

Caesar is outclassed by Ogma.

Horace is outclassed by Draug.

Minerva is outclassed by Caeda.

Jake is a utility unit.

And Beck > Jake since Beck has better bases.

Every character in the game is outclassed by Sedgar.

I guess with your logic, then Sedgar is the only good character in the game? Not to mention that you compared two characters who won't even be the same class in almost every case (Minerva is going Sniper, Roger going Fighter-->Hero, etc), and comparing characters to others from their class isn't how you determine if a character is good in the first place.

Then again, you were illogical enough to get yourself banned from the tier list topic, so I'm probably wasting my time.

Edited by IOS