Star Wars EU Tier List

Altera the Hun

Somewhere along the line, George Lucas went crazy and betrayed his original vision. There's debate as to what exactly what time this happened, but everyone agrees it was during the '90s, before the Phantom Menace was released. What's before that point is Star Wars. What's after it is crap. Even the sorry people who accept the prequels as G-canon will tell you that.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is this "Starkiller" you speak of who brought down a Star Destroyer? The only Starkiller is Bendak Starkiller, and he very much deserves his position.

EDIT: Also, Malak does not get top tier. He has no jaw, and he can't even kill his master properly. Hell, he doesn't even manage to share the same dream or concept that RevaINTENTIONALSPACEBECAUSEOFCLOWNn did. Reva n had reason to what he did, Malak did not.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Somewhere along the line, George Lucas went crazy and betrayed his original vision. There's debate as to what exactly what time this happened, but everyone agrees it was during the '90s, before the Phantom Menace was released.

Probably about here.

Somewhere along the line, George Lucas went crazy and betrayed his original vision. There's debate as to what exactly what time this happened, but everyone agrees it was during the '90s, before the Phantom Menace was released.

Probably about here.

Thus why Dash is so low.

But really, the NJO series is still very Star Wars, even though it started it's run in 1999. I genuinely enjoy the series, and some of the volumes are still in print.

But really, the NJO series is still very Star Wars, even though it started it's run in 1999. I genuinely enjoy the series, and some of the volumes are still in print.

I agree. It's well-made, and thankfully is derived from the original Star Wars trilogy with only minor references to the prequels and very few inconsistencies with G-canon and earlier C-canon.

• 3 months later...

I find your lack of HK-47 disturbing.

He should be at the top, by the way.

This...

Oh, and Boba Fett too, because his role in the movies really doesn't count.

This...

Officially canon? Maybe some people are saying that. But anyone that says that isn't worth your time. Try to remember some of the scenes from Episode I. You call that Star Wars?

For those who don't understand how Star Wars canon works, the movies are considered the most canonical. They're called G-canon. Everything in them is true. After this is C-canon, which is made up of the expanded universe, or EU. This means licensed Star Wars material outside of the movies, which is mostly books but includes a lot of things up to spin-off movies. C-canon is always true unless it is contradicted by the G-canon, in which case the G-canon takes precedence. In terms of a hierarchy of canon within this group, older material is almost always more canonical than newer material. The next level of canon down is S-canon, which is reserved for mostly older material which was not made or licensed with continuity in mind, and for other material that doesn't fit well into the rest of the Star Wars universe. S-canon is always trumped by C-canon in a contradiction, and even on its own you can take it or leave it as for canonicity. Star Wars purists generally consider the prequel trilogy and its derivatives to be S-canon: A bit more canon than an unlicensed fan films, but still subject to interpretation.

Last there's N-canon, which is stuff like fan-fiction and licensed what-if stories. N-canon stands for non-canon, and some people argue the prequels fall under this category. I don't agree with this, since they do have that big Star Wars logo even if they definitely aren't C-canon, much less G-canon.

And this...