Supernatural

Altera the Hun

My personal preference lay with the original backdrop of the fatherly hunt and Azazel's mongering to be far more interesting, frankly; the implementation of bastardised angels and a plethora of demons adhering to biblical myth made for little mor ethan a cheap plot effect. Lucifer is also substandard.

My personal preference lay with the original backdrop of the fatherly hunt and Azazel's mongering to be far more interesting, frankly; the implementation of bastardised angels and a plethora of demons adhering to biblical myth made for little mor ethan a cheap plot effect. Lucifer is also substandard.

Ironically, nothing the series has done so far really contradicts the Bible, either. And Castiel is one of my favorite characters, so YMMV.

It's also implied this was where the story was going from the start. Trickster!Gabriel is proof of that

Last I checked, the word "adhering" seems to coincide with your point, raising my suspicions of your illiteracy again.

More to teh point, though, nothing even hinted at the use of Christian events in teh storyline ecept for Azazel's name, which can be attributed to enough phenomenon that it doesn't even hold water as a reason.

Last I checked, the word "adhering" seems to coincide with your point, raising my suspicions of your illiteracy again.

More to teh point, though, nothing even hinted at the use of Christian events in teh storyline ecept for Azazel's name, which can be attributed to enough phenomenon that it doesn't even hold water as a reason.

No, they're certainly not adhering to what's in the bible. But they really arn't contradicting it either.

Most of the Christian stuff wasn't hinted at in Season 1, sure, but there are still a good amount of plot points that draw upon events from the first season itself. It's done in a fairly well-written manner, too. At least compared to Smallville.

If you mean the retarded conundrums on the 66 seals, yes, then it's certianly not pevalent to how its portrayed to revalations, but the season is only 10 episodes or so in, and teh events are otherwise soon to follow. That said, I've yet to see how the biblical canon is not followed.

These "plot points" you speak of are more in the sense of two details altogether-- John's suffering in hell (which is, in essence, so bloody trivial it makes no impact whatsoever), and Azazel's slaughter of the feisty nuns and whatnot. Seems rather botched, you see.

If you mean the retarded conundrums on the 66 seals, yes, then it's certianly not pevalent to how its portrayed to revalations, but the season is only 10 episodes or so in, and teh events are otherwise soon to follow. That said, I've yet to see how the biblical canon is not followed.

These "plot points" you speak of are more in the sense of two details altogether-- John's suffering in hell (which is, in essence, so bloody trivial it makes no impact whatsoever), and Azazel's slaughter of the feisty nuns and whatnot. Seems rather botched, you see.

Ho shit, you are WAAAAAAAAAAAAY behind.

Spoilers: Lilith is the final seal. Sam kills Lilith. Lucifer escapes hell. Armageddon begins. And that's just Season 4.

Season 5 is already better than 4 IMHO.

Seen it, and you would be a fool for not realising the silly plot uses of that, particularly with Ruby, in which case, some "retcon" is permissable.

Eitherhow, I still prefer the earlier seasons, peaking at 2, mainly. Other than the characters of Chuck, Zech and Castiel, I have yet to find any worthy additions to the plot with the biblical inclusions, prove me wrong, etc.