Pokemon Gold problem

ikelover

I had Pokemon Gold for Game boy color since around when it came out, and I beat it two or three times. It never had any problems, but one day, last year around July, I turned it on and it said "new game" but no "continue" and I was like "WTF?! That took me forever to beat!" So I eventually started a new game, and saved ASAP. But when I restarted the game, the same thing happened, and I kept trying, but it never saved! I played it on two sps: a newer sp with better light, and the first version of the gameboy sp. It had always worked. My friend said the same thing happened to him, and now we don't play it anymore. Do any of you guys have this problem too, or know what's wrong? I'm guessing it's something to do with the game, like a black out of the ability to play the American Gold version, but I don't know how or why.

Also, I can't wait for Heart Gold and Soul silver to come out next spring! I'm getting Soul Silver to see what I've missed.

Your internal battery is dead.

Same thing happened with copies of FE7 too, IIRC.

If you run into this, it's unfortunately a different problem. Fire Emblem 7 doesn't use a save battery. I checked inside my cartridge sometime earlier this year to confirm it.

If you run into this, it's unfortunately a different problem. Fire Emblem 7 doesn't use a save battery. I checked inside my cartridge sometime earlier this year to confirm it.

Huh, I always thought that GBA cartridges used batteries to save games...

Some do. My guess concerning Fire Emblem cartridges losing the ability to save is this: cartridges that utilize flash save usually last for about ten thousand writes. Because Fire Emblem autosaves after literally every movement, it runs through writes faster than other games.

Some do. My guess concerning Fire Emblem cartridges losing the ability to save is this: cartridges that utilize flash save usually last for about ten thousand writes. Because Fire Emblem autosaves after literally every movement, it runs through writes faster than other games.

Is there anyway to fix it with FE7? does it happen with FE8 too?

Is there anyway to fix it with FE7? does it happen with FE8 too?

You can do the following:

Get a new copy of the game. This is inadvisable, as you'll most likely be purchasing a used version of the game, and you don't know how many writes are on it.

Get a flashcart/flashcard.

Emulate.

• 2 weeks later...