People who think Fire Emblem Gaiden is under-appreciated!

Masamune_Wielder

I just started playing Fire Emblem Gaiden today & I think that it is greatly under-appreciated. I admit some of the features of the game are (odd) but I personally think that just adds a challenge. Post any comment you have on the game (good or bad).

Edited by Masamune_Wielder

Grinding sucks. Therefore FE2 sucks.

In all seriousness, I'd probably appreciate it more if it didn't have the clunky NES interface which really just isn't good enough for a game like Fire Emblem where you need to juggle 10 different numbers at any given time and have quick access to all of them.

Grinding sucks. Therefore FE2 sucks.

In all seriousness, I'd probably appreciate it more if it didn't have the clunky NES interface which really just isn't good enough for a game like Fire Emblem where you need to juggle 10 different numbers at any given time and have quick access to all of them.

Yeah I hate the way the numbers show up in it too, that's why I'm hoping for a DS remake, If it has Shadow Dragon's difficulty (maybe a bit harder) & the map feature it could be a huge hit (in my opinion).

I'd say the coolest thing, one that could and should be reused, was the ability to walk around in places like towns and castles and see other people. If that was redone, maybe in a better wa, it could make for an interesting spin on fire emblem as it could give more insight to places and even characters.

The problem with FE2, is that 30% is considered balling out of control and 50% unheard of, yet enemies have 100% HP growth, 0% Luck, and then 50% in everything else.

So it's kind of like every enemy is FE6 Karel if he were a Level 1 Myrmidon.

Also, Archers have like 2-5 range, which is hilarious.

I like the non-grindy difficulty, but honestly if I wanted to play a grinding SRPG I'd just go play Disgaea, since at least Disgaea is fucking awesome.

Edited by Paperblade

no, for what I remember you had to fight few bandits in a stupidly large map each time in fe2

In FE2 you fight thieves for the first 5 battles & in FE4 you fight bandits for the first two incredibly large chapters, FE2 chapters are not even close in size to FE4. FE4 is also the one where you have to capture multiple castles a map & FE2 you just have to kill all the enemies (most of the time).

It's goood at some point, but you need a little patience I think, the game gets a little boring, and many of your characters aren't worth it or suck, Alm/Arum is the only one eary game who can double attack and hit hard normally, I guess Cliff is good too.

It's goood at some point, but you need a little patience I think, the game gets a little boring, and many of your characters aren't worth it or suck, Alm/Arum is the only one eary game who can double attack and hit hard normally, I guess Cliff is good too.

Most people have to grind a lot for a good file, I just finished grinding today & I now have my Silk as a Level 1 Saint promoted from Level 20 Priest & all my villagers have an assortment of jobs (Mage Mercenary Etc...) you donèt have to grind too much in Ch.1 though unless your trying to get Dozehs Dragonshield. if you level up your units a little bit they can double pretty easily but ill admit the game is a little boring but a DS remake would be awesome (in my opinion).

I know mainly fot the graphics...I am not a graphics type of person, but I really felt uncomfterble when playing and the music/sound was a little too nostalgic.

Hopefully if there ever is a remake they will (edit) the music like Shadow Dragon they did for Shadow Dragon.

except for the fact that the fe4 china like maps are a whole different thing

Well i haven`t played China FE4.

He doesn't mean China FE4 he's trying to use China's size as an analogy for the map size in FE4.

Anyways I've gotten past chapter 1 so far and I have to say, it's not too bad. And you don't HAVE to grind. (I plan on beating this game without having to abuse those temples not counting bandit's den where I did bandit's den twice to get Cliff to level 3 to become a Mage since he couldn't promote until 3)

Edited by Joey

He doesn't mean China FE4 he's trying to use China's size as an analogy for the map size in FE4.

Anyways I've gotten past chapter 1 so far and I have to say, it's not too bad. And you don't HAVE to grind. (I plan on beating this game without having to abuse those temples not counting chapter 2 where I did bandit's den twice to get Cliff to level 3 to become a Mage since he couldn't promote until 3)

Okay thanks for clearing that up (not sarcasm), if you beat the game without grinding then you are definitely better than me at the game, i'm training all my units with the angel ring I got from the bandits (odds are 1/255 to get it) till they're level 20 & promote them so i can get Dozeh's Dragonshield in Ch.1.

Anyways I've gotten past chapter 1 so far and I have to say, it's not too bad. And you don't HAVE to grind. (I plan on beating this game without having to abuse those temples not counting chapter 2 where I did bandit's den twice to get Cliff to level 3 to become a Mage since he couldn't promote until 3)

Okay thanks for clearing that up (not sarcasm), if you beat the game without grinding then you are definitely better than me at the game, i'm training all my units with the angel ring I got from the bandits (odds are 1/255 to get it) till they're level 20 & promote them so i can get Dozeh's Dragonshield in Ch.1.

Well, like I've said I cleared out chapter 1 atm without having to abuse those temples so it's possible...Although it is just chapter 1. But oh well, I like the challenge.

Well, like I've said I cleared out chapter 1 atm without having to abuse those temples so it's possible...Although it is just chapter 1. But oh well, I like the challenge.

Well I would definitely like to hear how you did with it when you finish the game then i'll try that:)

Well I would definitely like to hear how you did with it when you finish the game then i'll try that:)

I'll try to tell ya, but yeah for chapter 1 all I have to say is Bolt Sword is a godsend. That sword TEARS through enemies.

I'll try to tell ya, but yeah for chapter 1 all I have to say is Bolt Sword is a godsend. That sword TEARS through enemies.

On the chapter against Slayder that's the only reason my Alm didn't die (didn't temple abuse him before the battle).