Questions about fe5

Narga_Rocks

When it comes to capturing Salem I usually use a promoted Asvel with Graphcalibur since the seize spot grants +10 DEF and decreased STR for capturing doesn't help there (plus they may not have sufficient speed for pursuit). With Asvel, I think a critical's sufficient and the pursuit attack will ALWAYS critical with that and with his SPD growth and promotion bonuses, it is VERY unlikely that he won't have enough speed to double.

When it comes to capturing Salem I usually use a promoted Asvel with Graphcalibur since the seize spot grants +10 DEF and decreased STR for capturing doesn't help there (plus they may not have sufficient speed for pursuit). With Asvel, I think a critical's sufficient and the pursuit attack will ALWAYS critical with that and with his SPD growth and promotion bonuses, it is VERY unlikely that he won't have enough speed to double.

Asvel needs, what, 14 speed? (14/2 - 3 = 4 AS and Salem has 0 AS thanks to his 12 wt spell). His promo gives a disgusting (and generally useless if he promotes late enough) +6 spd, so he just needs to proc speed once (in minimum 9 levels with a 75% spd growth) before promotion to pull this off. Also, 22 minimum mt (assuming no proc'ing of magic in 9 levels, so (4 + 5)/2 + 13) means (17 - 8) + (17x2 - 8) = 35 damage (Salem has 22). Yeah, as long as he doesn't miss (only pursuit attack matters) it should work.

Only thing is, what about the nearby bandits? If Asvel has his spd cut in half, even with 20/2 spd and 10 luck that is only 30 avo + any stars on the field. 39 avo with Leaf and Fin deployed and not rescued/captured. Can he really survive the ensuing Enemy Phase?

(Also, I wonder if Salem's ability to sleep units is at all related to fow. If a unit is inside active torch range or the sight of an enemy compared to if it is not.)

Asvel can sit on the throne for +10 def and healing (from throne and vulnerarieS), and only one thing can attack him at 1-range. He'd be fine. And Mareeta can walk over to help him.

Asvel can sit on the throne for +10 def and healing (from throne and vulnerarieS), and only one thing can attack him at 1-range. He'd be fine. And Mareeta can walk over to help him.

No canto. He still has to survive one turn without the throne. Assuming I'm doing this on turn 1 to keep 3 uses on that sleep staff, Mareeta is not even there. He has 3 facings to survive and I think there are guys there. From this it looks like only 2 guys can attack him, so maybe he can survive. Dodging Yotsmungand would be helpful, though, I'm sure. Unless some other unit (aside from Safy) can have C staves this early. I suppose I (clearly) have nothing against resetting (in this game) until something works, so it doesn't matter, though.

He has good chances of surviving that one turn before getting on the throne. With the physical units it takes several restarts because of them missing critical attacks or not scoring Pursuit. Asvel's usually no restart or 1 at most.

Restore's 1 range btw.

Salem can sleep anyone regardless of FoW so long as the status conditions are met (His Mag being higher than the person he's sending to sleep).

From what I've seen, enemies can see in FoW as if they had an infinite all range torch.

Edited by Vergil

He has good chances of surviving that one turn before getting on the throne. With the physical units it takes several restarts because of them missing critical attacks or not scoring Pursuit. Asvel's usually no restart or 1 at most.

Well, that makes him best for it, I guess, as long as I give him an early promo or he procs build.

Restore's 1 range btw.

I was more thinking the damage from the spell. C staves so that I can heal whatever damage he takes from Salem, so that he can take an extra hit from axe users before dying. Besides, we don't get Restore this early, right?

Salem can sleep anyone regardless of FoW so long as the status conditions are met (His Mag being higher than the person he's sending to sleep).

I still have no idea why he leaves Leaf alone until turn 4 minimum, then.

From what I've seen, enemies can see in FoW as if they had an infinite all range torch.

That doesn't surprise me, but I was hoping it wasn't true.

1) Well, that makes him best for it, I guess, as long as I give him an early promo or he procs build.

2) I was more thinking the damage from the spell. C staves so that I can heal whatever damage he takes from Salem, so that he can take an extra hit from axe users before dying. Besides, we don't get Restore this early, right?

3) I still have no idea why he leaves Leaf alone until turn 4 minimum, then.

1) There's little to no reason why he shouldn't be promoted by then really >_>

2) Right, silly me.

3)

FE5 AI is just weird.

Sometimes the dark bishop in C17A decides to warp a Dark mage to capture a cleric/priest, sometimes he doesn't. Still, it's best to prevent the worse case scenario than for better.

Edited by Vergil