Interesting Class change results

The WTD is not too painful when she's a WR at least, she has 7 AS & 83 Hit (With an Iron Lance), those stats are decent enough to hit unlike her Knight version's lol3skill but has -4 Hit.

She will also double some enemies reliably with a little Spd gain, her Atk is at least better, 13 Atk isn't bad at level 1.

If the enemies even had 10 AVO, she's at 58 HIT. With effectively 12 attack. If some random enemy has 2 DEF and 30 HP, then she does ~20% damage per round on average. Not impressive. And if this enemy has 65 HIT and 14 attack on her, then on average this enemy does ~24% damage to her. And this is almost definitely worse than any enemies in in the Isles. She's probably doing even worse. For example, if some enemy has 70 HIT on her and 18 attack (much more reasonable) then she's losing ~40%. And this is all assuming 1RN. If you factor in the 2RN system, then it's even worse for her. And now you need to give her 2 levels per chapter against enemies like this just to compare to NM Miledy. Good luck.

I said I was mistaken before...I now do agree Miledy is better, but you have to agree she is defeneatly better of as a Wyern Rider than a Knight in which she only gains +1 in the latter class.

Gonzakes is even faster and could be tankier as a Fighter, though, his Spd cap will get him stuck at 24. :(

His Skill is also slightly better, exept that as a Berserker he gains +5 Skill, which still makes that class best and also gets a critical bonus.

And really, try out Pirate!Ward, because he gains a Spd boost there. :newyears:

Uh...Pirates have 5% less speed growth than fighters, so where are you getting the idea that he gains more speed?

Fighter speed growth = 30%

Pirate speed growth = 25%

Unless you meant his bases.

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

It sounded like you thought she was still a great character. Anyways, I don't think there's many ways to save Wendy. If she goes Myrm, she has awful durability and horrible strength (3 base, 20% growth.) I think that she has three options: Cleric, Troubadour, or Mage. She probably has a shot at Cleric, but there's only one troubadour slot, and everyone wants mage. Anyways, here's what she looks like

Mage->Troub->Cleric

HP: 17/60->16/55->17/55

MAG: 1/55->1/25->1/30

SKl: 3/45->1/40->2/40

SPD: 4/60->5/80->4/57

LUK: 6/40->6/65->6/65

DEF: 2/7->2/14->0/10

RES: 4/40->5/35->6/55

Each of them have their strong points. She's a pretty good MAG tank no matter which one she goes, and her physical durability is horrible no matter which way she goes. I'd say mage is the best path. A little extra HP probably does more than 3%/7% higher defense growths, and 40% RES is plenty. 30% extra magic growth is better than troub's 20% extra SPD, especially when mage already has plenty of speed and she has such a low base.

Also, fun facts about her in some of these classes: Even with her insane speed growth as a troubadour, she doesn't cap it until 20/0.

20/0 Cleric!Wendy has only 27.45 HP and 1.9 DEF, but 16.45 RES.

At 20/0, mage has 11.45 MAG. Troub only has 5.75.

• 2 weeks later...

While I'd have to look at it more to rank better, I'd say the two best classes are Wyvern and Mage, in that order. Wyverns just have flying utility, amazing bases, really good growths (aside from an only average speed growth, but they have 25 base defense growth to make up for it), etc. Mages also have probably the best growths, but they have pretty bad bases.

So far I'd rate something like this as a rough draft for classes, mostly based on growths/bases, and a little bit on usefulness.

High Tier:

Wyverns (great bases and growths)

Mages/Sages (probably the best growths, bad bases, but also one of the best classes anyways due to anima magic)

Upper Mid:

Myrmidons/Swordmasters (Great speed base and skill base, good growths too)

Female Paladins (amazing speed base, use this on Igrene)

Heroes (Female > Male, very good bases, but not too great growths)

Mercenaries (Male > Female, good bases for males, and good growths)

Mid: (Not too sure on order here)

Nomads (Nice growths, especially speed, but should probably be lower)

Pegs/Falcos (Very nice growths, but bad bases, flying utility as well)

Fighters (Might need to be lower, but great Str and HP growths, decent Skl + Spd)

Shamans (decent growths, but ok class, good mag)

Troubadours (best speed, but low magic)

Cavaliers (Decent growths, decent bases, but should probably be higher)

Priests (Outdone by mage in every way, but ok growths)

Lower Mid:

Male Paladins (horrible speed growth)

Pirates (might be higher, good speed base but worse growths than fighter)

Archers (Bad class, ok growths, only ok bases)

Low:

Brigands (bad growths all around, and less than both fighter and pirate)

Knights (terrible speed and not too great everything else besides defense and HP)

Wyvern Rider Gonzales

HP: 36/88

STR: 14/55

SKL: 7/20

SPD: 9/60

LUK: 5/45

DEF: 11/40

RES: 0/5

Pretty sweet, huh? At 20/1

Route A/Route B

HP: 54.2/48.92

STR: 22/20.95

SKL: 12/10.8

SPD: 20/16.4

LUK: 11.75/9.05

DEF: 19/16.6

RES: 1.75/1.45

And if we throw in HM bonuses, we can add 7 HP, 4 STR, 2 SKL, 2 SPD, 1 LUK, 1 DEF, and 1 RES.

Wyvern Lord Percival

Bases:

HP  STR  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES
Paladin        43  17   13   18   12   14   11
Paladin(HM)    51  20   16   20   15   15   13
Wyvern Lord    45  19   14   18   12   16    9         
Wyvern Lord(HM)53  23   17   20   14   18   10         

Growths:

HP  STR  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES
Paladin        75  30   25   35   20   20   10
Wyvern Lord    80  45   25   37   15   28    0         

Maybe a bit too awesome.

Edited by Krad

Wow. That's just ridiculous. Even his base RES is good enough for him to hold his own throughout the game. It's better than Miledy's ever doing, anyways. In fact, comparing him to Miledy:

He has the same base HP as 20/4 Miledy. And a better growth.

He has the same strength as 20/3 with a 5% lower growth.

Same skill as 15/0 Miledy with 1/2 her growth. But with 41 base hit, I don't think that his poor growth is much of a problem.

Speed as 20/2. Slightly lower growth.

Same luck as 20/14. She does have a 10% higher growth, but that doesn't really matter all that much... He only needs 5 levels to match her 20/20 average.

Better defense than 20/0, worse than 20/1. Slightly better growth.

Same base RES as 20/THIRTY-SEVEN Miledy. Lack of growth doesn't really mean much.

Edited by Slize

You can make pretty much everyone into a Wyvern Lord/Rider (Rider has slightly higher growths) and get good results, even Garret.

Bases           HP  STR  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES
Berserker       49   17   13   10   12    9    4
Berserker(HM)   55   21   16   11   14   10    5
Wyvern Lord     50   19   12   10   12   13    5
Wyvern Lord(HM) 58   23   15   12   14   15    6

Sure, his speed is still crap, but he can double a few weighted down enemies in CH 16.

Even Karel gets some nice boosts with Wyvern Lord-ification.

Swordmaster     44   20   28   23   18   15   13
Wyvern Lord     48   23   22   18   18   20   13

Big boost to his durability (His growths only increase slightly), and even though his speed drops down a lot, he can still double most of the things in CH 23 and everything except Jahn in chapter 24.

Oh, also Mercenary(F) Wendy.

Knight          19    4    3    3    6    8    1
Mercenary       19    3    5    8    6    2    1

Growths         HP  STR  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES
Knight          85   40   40   40   45   30   10 
Mercenary       85   40   45   57   50   20   20 

Atleast it isn't as hard for her to climb out of her hole thanks to having WTA in the isles.

Edited by Krad

Yeah, Miledy would most likely drop out of her wyvern spot if my other topic ever got continued. Heck, I bet Alan and Lance as wyverns would make the game too easy. Saul is also pretty ridiculous as anything thanks to his extremely high speed base, and Ellen just needs a class with a speed growth (mage, myrmidon, pegasus) and she'll be fine too with her high speed base.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this class change for FE7 after reading this thread, though I admittedly didn't follow the "class change group".

Notes: I averaged stats like 58% into the nearest multiple of five.

I also made any 0% growths into 5%

Characters that became notable...

Sage Isadora(notably bad)

Whoa. I didn't realise how bad she would suffer from becoming a Sage. Her speed falls by 6, and her con goes down to 1! Not to mention how her defenses sink massively...

Stats:

HP 24(50%) Mag 11(50%) Skl 12(30%) Spd 10(50%) Luck 10(35%) Def 4(20%) Res 6(40%) Con 1

Wyvern Rider Rath(notably good)

He lost 1 skill, everything else improved. And his new growths are wacky...

Stats

HP 29(100%) Str 10(70%) Skl 8(45%) Spd 10(45%) Luck 5(30%) Def 11(20%) Res 2(25%) Con 11

I did this class change for FE7 after reading this thread, though I admittedly didn't follow the "class change group".

Whoa. I didn't realise how bad she would suffer from becoming a Sage. Her speed falls by 6, and her con goes down to 1! Not to mention how her defenses sink massively...

Stats:

HP 24(50%) Mag 11(50%) Skl 12(30%) Spd 10(50%) Luck 10(35%) Def 4(20%) Res 6(40%) Con 1

Stats

HP 29(100%) Str 10(70%) Skl 8(45%) Spd 10(45%) Luck 5(30%) Def 11(20%) Res 2(25%) Con 11

Exept, this is FE6.

Stats:

Stats

Exept, this is FE6.

Which I know. I simply showed some of the results I got from something this thread inspired me to do.