The funds rank, and a question

Florete

I'm doing ranked runs now, and since I have the Transfer Data ability from MK:DD I have the Silver Card. That means I can buy anything and it will only help me right? Also, will I be safe using a few promotion items? If so, how many? I'd like to at the very least be able to promote Oswin and Priscilla, Raven included if possible. Well, Logic Swordsman, what have you got?

If your playing HHM since you'd obtained a Silver Card. It really depends on how much Golds you spent. I'd recommend on probably cutting out buying silver weapons or any other expensive things in the secret shops as such. Arena Abusing would increase your fund. But it could seriously hurt your Tactics rating by A LOT, you could still use the arenas for your own cause such as getting more Golds. And about using the promotion items. Assuming you have more than the same promotion items, I would give one of the same promotion items to someone who'd probably would turned out good on HHM and sell the duplicated promotion items to increase your fund. For instance, if I were to have like 2 Hero Crest, I would simply giving to someone who'd benefit on HM such as Raven who is very useful on HHM because of the HM bonus that he'd gains as a enemy to start out and sell that other duplicated promotion item. I would probably recommend using some pre-promotes such as Pent, Geitz, and Harken who is very useful with the HM bonus as well since pre-promotes usually saves you the trouble of wasting a promotion items. And if you like Assassins' use Jaffar.

Also, I wouldn't use Nino when doing a Rank Run on HHM as well. Wasting tactics on training her and obviously wasting a promotion items on her.

*Note: more suggestion coming soon.

I was under the impression that it was the net worth of what you have that got you the rank. That means not selling gems because you'll have 5000 or so instead of 2500...

Don't sell gems, don't use expensive weapons, and milk your weapons to the last use before turning to another. I also recommend saving the ocean seal because that's 20000 gold >_>

I would recommend keeping the Ocean Seal just to increase your fund. But I would sell the Fell Contract after beating Night of Farewell chapter.

Oh and BTW, if you guys didn't know, the S Rank Weapons that you obtained on the Final Chapter also helps your fund as well.

But I would sell the Fell Contract after beating Night of Farewell chapter.

I wouldn't sell anything, because selling an item will only amount to getting half of the value of the item back. funds is determined by the gold you have and the value of the items you have, therefore selling will hurt you.

for ex. if i had an item and 1000g, and the item is worth 2000g, my funds at the end would be a total of 3000g

but if I sold the item, my fund would only total to 2000g, since 1000+(2000/2)=2000

Oh and BTW, if you guys didn't know, the S Rank Weapons that you obtained on the Final Chapter also helps your fund as well.

Logic swordsman is right, do not even touch them!(don't drop them, of course) since they have high values and low uses, each use will take a huge chunk out of their value.

hope I helped somewaht

Logic swordsman is right, do not even touch them!(don't drop them, of course) since they have high values and low uses, each use will take a huge chunk out of their value.

hope I helped somewaht

...Wow, I've already gotten this covered. It wasn't necessary for you to re-bring that up. <_<

...Wow, I've already gotten this covered. It wasn't necessary for you to re-bring that up. <_<

I was elaborating on what you said. if you carefully read my post and yours again, you will find out that mine wasn't a clone of yours, but that it rather further elucidated it.

• 2 months later...

I'm reviving this because I've hit a dilemma at the end of the same run (I took a break over summer). On the final chapter, I had 5 stars on everything except experience, which had 4. Hoping to increase it in the final chapter, I beat it. But I ended up with 3 stars in experience. This may have been a result of Rebecca and Priscilla killing practically everything they attacked, mostly through criticals (especially Rebecca), but I have a save at the final chapter and at 29x. Anyone got any suggestions?

Also note: My funds rank at the end was fine; about 30,000 over the 5-star amount listed on the site. Tactics was fine even after taking 4 turns to kill the dragon. Everyone is alive and Combat has been fine the entire game.

One final question: Do I need to save the Epilogue in order for the battle Record to show up?

Edited by Fox

I'm reviving this because I've hit a dilemma at the end of the same run (I took a break over summer). On the final chapter, I had 5 stars on everything except experience, which had 4. Hoping to increase it in the final chapter, I beat it. But I ended up with 3 stars in experience. This may have been a result of Rebecca and Priscilla killing practically everything they attacked, mostly through criticals (especially Rebecca), but I have a save at the final chapter and at 29x. Anyone got any suggestions?

Also note: My funds rank at the end was fine; about 30,000 over the 5-star amount listed on the site. Tactics was fine even after taking 4 turns to kill the dragon. Everyone is alive and Combat has been fine the entire game.

One final question: Do I need to save the Epilogue in order for the battle Record to show up?

An answer to your last question

Yes. I believe so, but I'm about 50/50 on it

For experience rank, take the Thieves(Matthew/Legault) if they're 10x/promoted at base 1, and use them to finish off enemies for extra experience into the final chapters. Spam Fortify Staff with unpromoted units; if you have free units that can use staff that are not getting experience on a turn(being attacked, attacking others), have them use any available spare staves. If your rank is only at 4/3 stars after completion, that's what you are going to need to do in order to get by.

Funds rank shouldn't be a problem at this point, especially if you're a little over. Take that extra initiative to scrape experience in.

I had to do that with Legault in a HHM S-Rank run one time, brought him to the final chapter and had him finish off a good number of enemies. Getting 75-100exp per kill = ezwin.

Edited by Eaichu

For experience rank, take the Thieves(Matthew/Legault) if they're 10x/promoted at base 1, and use them to finish off enemies for extra experience into the final chapters. Spam Fortify Staff with unpromoted units; if you have free units that can use staff that are not getting experience on a turn(being attacked, attacking others), have them use any available spare staves. If your rank is only at 4/3 stars after completion, that's what you are going to need to do in order to get by.

Funds rank shouldn't be a problem at this point, especially if you're a little over. Take that extra initiative to scrape experience in.

I had to do that with Legault in a HHM S-Rank run one time, brought him to the final chapter and had him finish off a good number of enemies. Getting 75-100exp per kill = ezwin.

I counted up my total turns and saw that I can take about 14 extra turns than I did (I took 10) in Victory or Death without putting my tactics in peril. And yeah, I'm good enough in funds (even though I was behind for a few chapters before this one). My thieves aren't promoted, and Nino is ~18; is it worth promoting her? I believe she is currently statistically better than Pent.

I counted up my total turns and saw that I can take about 14 extra turns than I did (I took 10) in Victory or Death without putting my tactics in peril. And yeah, I'm good enough in funds (even though I was behind for a few chapters before this one). My thieves aren't promoted, and Nino is ~18; is it worth promoting her? I believe she is currently statistically better than Pent.

Why would you promote Nino? She's a waste of Fund and Tactics ratings.

If Nino will definitely be better than Pent upon promotion and you can afford the expense, promote her; you'll pull more experience out of her than you will with Pent. Keep in mind that Pent still has A in staves(really, really useful) while she'll be starting with a D or E IIRC. There's also Pent's support options, if he has a B with someone and you possibly have Louise in play, and she has none, there's no point taking him out of the team in favour of Nino.

Try to keep some levels on your Thieves for the final chapter; train one in Victory of Death and another in the final. You need to pull in alot of experience there, that's where alot of people slip up.

@ Mitsuru: I think Fox means if Nino gets promoted now, she'll be statistically better than Pent upon promotion. If that's the case, she's viable for use because she'll pull in more EXP than Pent(lower level) and still perform well.

Edited by Eaichu

Nino is crap and shouldn't be deployed, yeah, I know, that's not what we're really discussing though. In Fox's playthrough, Nino is already 18 and his funds rating is 30k over the required limit so that means he can afford the promotion + staff abuse up until the end of the final chapter; promoting her will help with experience rating(which is currently, the damaged rating) more than overusing Pent will.

Edited by Eaichu

If Nino will definitely be better than Pent upon promotion and you can afford the expense, promote her; you'll pull more experience out of her than you will with Pent. Keep in mind that Pent still has A in staves(really, really useful) while she'll be starting with a D or E IIRC. There's also Pent's support options, if he has a B with someone and you possibly have Louise in play, and she has none, there's no point taking him out of the team in favour of Nino.

Try to keep some levels on your Thieves for the final chapter; train one in Victory of Death and another in the final. You need to pull in alot of experience there, that's where alot of people slip up.

@ Mitsuru: I think Fox means if Nino gets promoted now, she'll be statistically better than Pent upon promotion. If that's the case, she's viable for use because she'll pull in more EXP than Pent(lower level) and still perform well.

Here's my possible team at the Final Chapter currently, considering I don't go back and redo the last two chapters:

Eliwood - level 8, B with Hector, can get A right away. Kind of got Skill screwed, but actually rather reliable.

Nils - 9

Hector - 8, the Eliwood support

Lyn - 11, C with Florina, who I didn't use.

Athos - The usual

Oswin - 9, can get C with Hector immediately

Heath - 12, nothing special

Priscilla - 15, almost 16, capped luck, close to other caps, C with Raven, very close to B

Raven - 14, capped strength, skill, and speed. The Priscilla support

Fiora - 13, skill capped

Rebecca - 16, almost 17, capped speed, has been criticalling a lot.

Pent - 13, nothing special

Isadora - 11, C with harken

Nino - 19, if promoted will have equal to better than current Pent in Magic, speed, luck and resistance.

Harken - 13, the Isadora support

Hawkeye - 11, dropped him a while ago.

I'll use your suggestions. This list is for future reference.

Here's my possible team at the Final Chapter currently, considering I don't go back and redo the last two chapters:

Eliwood - level 8, B with Hector, can get A right away. Kind of got Skill screwed, but actually rather reliable.

Nils - 9

Hector - 8, the Eliwood support

Lyn - 11, C with Florina, who I didn't use.

Athos - The usual

Oswin - 9, can get C with Hector immediately

Heath - 12, nothing special

Priscilla - 15, almost 16, capped luck, close to other caps, C with Raven, very close to B

Raven - 14, capped strength, skill, and speed. The Priscilla support

Fiora - 13, skill capped

Rebecca - 16, almost 17, capped speed, has been criticalling a lot.

Pent - 13, nothing special

Isadora - 11, C with harken

Nino - 19, if promoted will have equal to better than current Pent in Magic, speed, luck and resistance.

Harken - 13, the Isadora support

Hawkeye - 11, dropped him a while ago.

I'll use your suggestions. This list is for future reference.

Heath Sucks. He shouldn't be in there at all.

Edit: And Rath should be replacing Rebecca if he ever wants to support with Lyn.

Edited by Mitsuru Kirijo

Promote Nino, drop Pent/Heath from the roster. Have her lastshot enemies frequently, she'll be pulling more experience than most of the other units on that roster at their level.

Drop Hawkeye, put Legault on. Legault finishes enemies off and gets 75-100 exp per one; do this just a few times and that's enough to keep your EXP rating at 5.

Don't have Athos kill anything if you can help it. Soften enemies, etc.

Staff abuse as much as possible with Priscilla & Nino.

Abuse Nils every turn too, get as much experience as you can out of him.

Edited by Eaichu

Promote Nino, drop Pent/Heath from the roster. Have her lastshot enemies frequently, she'll be pulling more experience than most of the other units on that roster at their level.

Drop Hawkeye, put Legault on. Legault finishes enemies off and gets 75-100 exp per one; do this just a few times and that's enough to keep your EXP rating at 5.

Don't have Athos kill anything if you can help it. Soften enemies, etc.

Staff abuse as much as possible with Priscilla & Nino.

Abuse Nils every turn too, get as much experience as you can out of him.

I didn't want to, but dropping Heath probably would be a good idea, though dropping Fiora may be better. I already dropped Hawkeye, so that's done. I only had Athos attack Nergal and the dragon, so I didn't lose any experience. Using Nils' rings won't hurt my funds, correct? Not that it's a real problem, obviously, I just like to be sure.

Eaichu, are you sure Nino can use staff? I mean upon promotion, Nino begins with E Rank Staff and its barely impossible to get her to D. Unless you staff abuse her in some way.

Every unit that can use staves should use them, it's something to experience instead of nothing. Just put a Heal staff on her and get 5-6 EXP every other turn when she's not fighting and it helps. She already has Priscilla(and Athos) for any heavy duty healing needed.

Nils' rings are worth nothing.