Who is bettter?

Amelia

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better unit?

• Amelia
    • Ewan

Here's the thing: Whether or not someone is better than someone else isn't a matter of opinion. Nor is it whether or not more people like someone.

Edited by The Rape Flight Mallard

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both ewan and amelia are great units

Again, what.

No, seriously. How are they great? Because they're both terrible.

Mine are great, yours got RNG screwed.

This has nothing to do with the RNG. Both require massive babying, which is just a waste of time when you got other units that need little to no babying and do just fine.

Now, if we're tower abusing, it's safe to assume that all of their supports, that would normally be viewed as unattainable, have now become feasible. So let's compare their supports, shall we?

First off, both Amelia and Ewan support with each other and with Ross. So those supports don't really count against any one of those two.

Ewan supports with Saleh. This is a nice support but I don't like the lack of Evade bonuses that magicians seem to enjoy. Also, this requires you to use both Saleh AND Ewan and I doubt that's a wise idea when you have guys like Lute and Artur. Even if you DO decide to use Saleh, all of his other support options are with some pretty awesome units. Myrrh and Gerik, in particular, have faster supports with Saleh. Wind+Wind gives the maximum boosts to Atk, Hit, Crit, and CrEv while Myrrh has little competition for her supports.

Ewan supports with Tethys. But, uh, is there any point in this support? Once Ewan gets powerful enough, he'll start going out and killing stuff and Tethys doesn't exactly like going out into the heat of the battle. In other words, this support won't be utilized much.

Ewan supports with Dozla. Oh, come on. Do I really need to comment on this?

Now for Amelia. She supports with Franz. Franz isn't a bad Cavalier and he has his pros and cons against each of the Christmas Knights. If you decide to use Franz, then this support can work. It should be worth noting that Franz always outruns Amelia unless they both go Great Knight.

Amelia also supports with Neimi. Neimi might not be that great but she could definitely take up one of your slots since she's one of the best bow users. I'm pretty sure she beats Innes in everything except HP and Def. Gerik has a Hero class that wants to compete with Ranger while all Warriors are best stuck with axes. So yeah, Nidhogg is a good reason to use Neimi and this support is also pretty fast (Amelia's fastest, and Neimi's second fastest)

And last but not least, Amelia supports with the mighty Duessel. Everyone knows about the awesomeness of Duessel and, more importantly, his beard. Any combination between Thunder, Ice, and Anima provides the best defensive support boosts and Amelia+Duessel falls into that. Duessel also has very few competitors for his supports. Knoll is a piece of garbage imo. Cormag and Ephraim have plenty of other options but one of them will support with Duessel anyway. Still, Amelia might at least manage a B support with the great Duessel and his beard.

idk about you but it looks to me that Amelia wins in this field.

Just so you know, I'm all for Super Recruit in Amelia's case.

Oh, yeah. Another thing about Amelia. Her +15% Crit. She's the ONLY lance user in the entire GBA series that gets a crit bonus. That is definitely something. That means you can have three crit machines that all use different weapons.

Ewan, on the other hand, doesn't have a very good Super Trainee class. Super Pupil can't use staves but gets to use all magic attacking types. Who cares? Light magic was nerfed so much after FE6 that they are now worse than Anima in every way except for their Hit rate. Ivaldi is awesome but Ewan is not reaching an S in Light when he has access to Anima tomes (which would also have a higher weapon level by then). I hate Dark Magic because they're all really heavy and still miss a lot (not counting Naglfar). In other words, Ewan has no reason to use Light OR Dark magic and thus, both Sage and Mage Knight are better options for him.