Nephinel is playing the first Fire Emblem game.

Nephinel

It is so different from the later games; Nephinel is amazed! I feel it shouldn't be too much of a challenge though, having played Shadow Dragon and all.

Feels weird having to measure the movement range of units yourself...

Why should anyone play FE1 when FE3 is available? FE3B1 is a remake of FE1 and it's a whole lot more user-friendly from what I heard. There are a few characters that were removed in FE3B1 but hey, you could always play FEDS if you wanna see them.

Nephinel doesn't think it's all that bad. It is the first Fire Emblem game after all. I'm just giving it a chance.

By the way, I'm not using an English translation patch. Should I? I heard that it's kind of buggy though.

Nephinel is on Chapter 4 right now...

The names in bold are the units Nephinel will be using this chapter. The ones not in bold are the ones I'm trying to decide to take. Including Marth, I must use 14 units this chapter (because the game won't let me take any less than 14 <_<).

Marth (Lv.2)

Jeigan (Lv.2)

Kain (Lv.2)

Abel (Lv.2)

Dohga (Lv.3)

Gohdon (Lv.3)

Sheeda (Lv.2)

Riff (Lv.1)

Saji (Lv.3)

Maji (Lv.3)

Barts (Lv.5)

Oguma (Lv.3)

Daross (Lv.3)

Kashim (Lv.3)

Jurian (Lv.3)

Rena (Lv.3)

Nabarl (Lv.5)

Also, anything Nephinel should know about the arenas in this game? Like bets, enemies and all that.

Edited by Nephinel

Nephinel is on Chapter 4 right now...

The names in bold are the units Nephinel will be using this chapter. The ones not in bold are the ones I'm trying to decide to take. Including Marth, I must use 14 units this chapter (because the game won't let me take any less than 14 <_<).

Marth (Lv.2)

Jeigan (Lv.2)

Kain (Lv.2)

Abel (Lv.2)

Dohga (Lv.3)

Gohdon (Lv.3)

Sheeda (Lv.2)

Riff (Lv.1)

Saji (Lv.3)

Maji (Lv.3)

Barts (Lv.5)

Oguma (Lv.3)

Daross (Lv.3)

Kashim (Lv.3)

Jurian (Lv.3)

Rena (Lv.3)

Nabarl (Lv.5)

Also, anything Nephinel should know about the arenas in this game? Like bets, enemies and all that.

The first and second ones are the only two I have not yet played. :/

Information on bets and enemies can be found at the bottom of this old FAQ. Another thing to note about the arena is that Nephinel can't escape using the B button if things start going sour, so he should use save states liberally.

I wish Nephinel good luck with his FE1 playthrough, he should be sure to tell us how it goes.