The Fire Emblem Anime

Nephinel

Nephinel was watching it on YouTube this morning. It was based on Mystery of the Emblem, I think, figuring how old it was. I don't know why there are only two episodes, though. Did the animation company not have enough in its budget for a few more episodes? The two episodes were barely three chapters in. :(

Even more interesting is that it received an English dub by ADV Films, way before the games were brought to the US and the series became widely known. lol Spike Spencer as Marth

Yes, it was due to budget problems or not enough interest in the anime that caused it to get canceled.

If a petition was started to make one based on Fire Emblem 4 do you think that would be enough incentive for a Anime company to make the series.

Yes, it was due to budget problems or not enough interest in the anime that caused it to get canceled.

If a petition was started to make one based on Fire Emblem 4 do you think that would be enough incentive for a Anime company to make the series.

That seems highly unlikely.

I wouldn't want an anime based on FE4 anyway.

That seems highly unlikely.

I wouldn't want an anime based on FE4 anyway.

It doesn't have to be FE4 just another Fire Emblem Anime, but one that lasts would be nice.

Depends on how realistic. I want there to be supports. Canas gets his books eaten by bartre, turns around to see Vaida's massive fuggen Wyvern licking it's...face.

I think making an anime based on Fire Emblem sounds stupid anyway.

Honestly, kinda sorta this. Most video game anime (American cartoons and films as well) suck so I'm not sure I'd want one based on any of the existing games. And I don't see a point in making a Fire Emblem anime that exists with its own story that wouldn't look like any other generic fantasy series.

BTW, Nephinel, I too discovered and watched the Fire Emblem OVA for the first time just a few days ago. And yes, major lulz were had at Spike Spencer as Marth.

If it was based on 1, they should remake it, and done the Hard Mode 5 version.

Marf: "Well, goatee guy's dead. He looked fast."

Jagen: Yeah. His name was Frey.

Marf: Was it?

Jagen: Yeah. Hey, some pirates.

Marf: Don't worry! We are men of Akaneia! WE CHARGE! FOR GLORY!!!!!

*ROFLSTOMP!*

Marf: Argh, my boots are ... rubbing on my toe... get a medic...before it's too late...

Edited by Furetchen

I think making an anime based on Fire Emblem sounds stupid anyway. Not a huge anime fan either.

Same here.

Depends on how realistic. I want there to be supports. Canas gets his books eaten by bartre, turns around to see Vaida's massive fuggen Wyvern licking it's...face.

That's why I agree with Salmonella. Fire Emblem is too open-ended, too random and too idiosyncratic. It would not translate well into the medium of a TV show without being changed fundamentally. And even within that medium I think that anime with its gooey cuteness and choppy animation is a bad fit.

Edited by Hero

I'm watching the English dub right now, and found it interesting that nearly all of the VAs also did work for Neon Genesis Evangelion. lol Shinji as Marth

Then again, it shouldn't come as much of a surprise considering that the Fire Emblem anime and Evangelion were both licensed by ADV Films. :lol:

I'm watching the English dub right now, and found it interesting that nearly all of the VAs also did work for Neon Genesis Evangelion. lol Shinji as Marth

Then again, it shouldn't come as much of a surprise considering that the Fire Emblem anime and Evangelion were both licensed by ADV Films. :lol:

Gaggles: "NUTS~!"