Should I play this game?

Deliriyum

I've been wondering if I should play this game or not. I would play it without question, but it was to be translated, so I'm questioning it. If I should play it, I need help with applying the translation patch. particularly extracting files, I think

If you need help, here's what you do.

-Download an IPS patcher, preferably LunarIPS or IPSWin.

-Download an extracter, such as PowerArchiver.

-Download the FE6 rom and FE6 patch. Find the rom on your own, the patch is here.

-Click on the compressed file with the rom.

-Extract it (There should be an extract button), then move it to the folder with your emulator

-Open up the patcher.

-Select the rom as the file that gets patched, and select the patch as the file to patch.

-Play the game.

And IMO, you should play it. It is rather challenging.

Edited by Lloyd Irving

The other way you can patch the translation file if using IPS patcher doesn't work is if you put the .ips file where the rom is right click the rom and go to rename. Copy it then go to the IPS file right click go to rename and paste it, and yes go play it. (Same reason as Lloyd)

Edited by Patchouli

Oh and also the thing you'll have to get used to if you haven't seen it before is that enemy reinforcement appear at the beginning of enemy phase rather than the end.

Oh and also the thing you'll have to get used to if you haven't seen it before is that enemy reinforcement appear at the beginning of enemy phase rather than the end.

Oh the only time I've seen that before is FEDS

Oh the only time I've seen that before is FEDS

This game is rather good. Although I could not stand Male sages before I changed them. :C

(They look gay. Short shorts are for creepers.)

One thing about FE6 I'd like to mention.

Don't play it fast. The game was designed to be played over a length of time, like its cousins on consoles. This is especially evident with the story, its done in a somewhat minimalistic fashion for various reasons and if you blast through ten chapters in a day on your emulator it will seem too fast-paced and even bland.

Through the whole game but especially in the second half there's value in sitting back between chapters and thinking about the picture that's being painted, the connotations of what's happening and how it all fits together. What is clearly explained has a lot behind it, like in a history book.

Edited by Hero

Many don't consider the GBA plot to serious. :(

But FE6 & 7 have interesting plots.

Many also don't consider the casts of characters in the GBA games to be colorful either. :(

True some characters are less developed than others. But still...

Edited by LittleAl

WHAT!?

The characters here are as good as FE9's. <_<

There are many good characters here, they actually have good personalities.

Try telling that to some people, which is what I meant by "many".

There aren't any FABULOUS characters, though.

My goodness, speak of the devil... Edited by LittleAl

Please, explain to me how this generic batch of characters is anything but boring.

This game on the whole is just mediocre, at least in my opinion.

Someoe hasn't been reading supports. :newyears: