i do maps ლ(`◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

Krad

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike looks pretty good. The outline for the nose could be a little darker, and if you want it to look like a GBA mug, you may want to use a different palette (EX: See how roy's palette is much lighter than Ike's?).

Edited by Isaac55

The pallete I used for Ike's portrait is the same as the one he uses in FE9, I just picked the colors that looked better from his original portrait and then shaded using those.

I tried using some colors from FE6 on the portrait, but let's just say the colors I chose didn't make the portrait pleasant to look at.

For now, Kieran WIP:

kieran.png

I think it's looks pretty good at the moment. Again, I'm trying to mimic the shading on the original as much as I can. I also had to change the shoulder because, as you can see in the resize example, they were too big for the portrait size. WIll try to finish it by tomorrow.

I'm not really sure about what to do with the shoulders. If I come up with something, I will try to fix them.

kieran1.png

I don't really like how the hair ended, but his hair is way too messy for me to do better. Did a few talking frames but they suck. A lot.

Also made talking frames for Ike:

ike2.png

But those are even worse. I need to learn how to sprite mouths correctly.

And finally

wait.png

I'm not really sure about what to do with the shoulders. If I come up with something, I will try to fix them.

kieran1.png

I don't really like how the hair ended, but his hair is way too messy for me to do better. Did a few talking frames but they suck. A lot.

Also made talking frames for Ike:

ike2.png

But those are even worse. I need to learn how to sprite mouths correctly.

And finally

wait.png

I think you need to use a darker color for Kieran's mouth.

• 1 month later...

Took a few portraits from FE4 and "completed" them for a little something I'm doing.

Warning: MANY images.

vylon.giftiltyu.gifyuria.gifshanan.gifsety.gifsigurd.gifyurius.giflangobalt.gifcelice.gifnoish.gifclaude.gifeltshan.giflevin.giflachesis.gifburian.gifethlin.giffinl.giflakche.giffury.gifleafz.gifayral.giflex.gifazeld.gifreptor.gifalvis.gifareone.gifarden.gifholyn.gifishtar.gifjohan.gifalec.gif

For reference, Levin was the first one I made, and Holyn is the latest one.

Also made these stages. For the first one I used chapter 5 and 6 from FE5, and made the rest myself. For the second one, this time it's chapter 5x and chapter 8 of FE8. I also have a WIP of chapter 21 of FE6 and chapter 27/29 from FE7, whcih you can see here. Not much progress, but I will finish it eventually.

A few more:

jamka.gifadean.gifbeowulf.gifoifey.gifbriggid.gifdiadora.gifcuan.gifmidayle.gifdew.gifsylvia.gif

I didn't do anything to Sylvia, but I put her here anyway.

@Uphir: You mean the green spots in the last map? I haven't finished that one, so I just put green there as a placeholder.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More maps.

prologuex.png

chapter1a.png

chapter2.png

Comments on the last one would be preferred rather than the rest, since the other 2 have already been insterted in the game and I'm too lazy to change them.

The forts are there to represent a bandit fortress. Having enemies pop out of nowhere in the middle of the map doesn't look nice.

I agree with the Armory/Vendor, but by this point you are kind of running low on weapons. However I think I could take them out and place them in the next map (which happens outside a castle).

You could always move them more to the left of the map, closer to the grass. They looks really out of place that close to the desert.

Also, spread the forts out. Even if they represent a bandit's fort, they look out of place that close together.

Note on the forts, I think you used the wrong tile with them, should have the green background. I think 2 don't.

Hey you're a mapper, join the comp!\

Oh btw, it's bad to have that mentality, always try to improve your maps, even if their the smallest little errors. It'll always make you feel better about the end result :D

Edited by Hero of Time

Better?

chapter2.png

Note on the forts, I think you used the wrong tile with them, should have the green background. I think 2 don't.

There's only one fort tile in the 7B007C7D tileset.

Chapter 18 of FE5, 2 versions:

First one:

chapter5x1.png

Second one:

chapter5x2.png

Which one is the best one? Also if you see any errors with shading or things you find weird please say so. I'm aware of the weird shading at the lower-east corner, I tried to fix it but the tile I need to do so doesn't exist.