Some Glitches

Kinata

The good: When sol activates or you use the runesword, you heal yourself. Usually to full health, but if you're character was low on health or the enemy was already almost dead, it will sometimes only partially heal you, at least during the battle. But after the battle, both seem to heal you all the way back to full. For example, my Oscar was at low health, the enemy only had 5 health, and sol activated. His health bar only increased by 5 in the battle, but when it was over, Oscar was back to maximum HP. I'm not sure if it fully heals you or there is some specific increase, but there is definitely a glitch. I'm not sure if this works with aether or Nosferatu.

The bad: In my perfect playthrough, I wanted Sothe to steal from a wyvern rider with a javelin and a steel lance. But Sothe was only strong enough to steal the javelin, so I got him to equip the steel lance by placing an unequipped Boyd in his range. He attacked with the steel lance, canto'd away, and when it was the player phase, the wyvern rider had the javelin equipped again. Then I tried placing Boyd at the edge of the rider's range so that he couldn't canto away, and this time, the steel lance stayed equipped. Apparently, when enemy mounted units use canto, they can change their equipped weapon, which makes manipulating them harder.

The ugly: Just a visualization error. In chapter 21, before the battle started while I was using the view map option, I noticed Ike and Marcia were both being supported by both of their support partners. However, Oscar and Rolf weren't on the battlefield, so they should have only gained the bonuses of one of their partners. The problem ended when I started the battle though.

Edited by Kinata

The good: When sol activates or you use the runesword, you heal yourself. Usually to full health, but if you're character was low on health or the enemy was already almost dead, it will sometimes only partially heal you, at least during the battle. But after the battle, both seem to heal you all the way back to full. For example, my Oscar was at low health, the enemy only had 5 health, and sol activated. His health bar only increased by 5 in the battle, but when it was over, Oscar was back to maximum HP. I'm not sure if it fully heals you or there is some specific increase, but there is definitely a glitch. I'm not sure if this works with aether or Nosferatu.

The ugly: Just a visualization error. In chapter 21, before the battle started while I was using the view map option, I noticed Ike and Marcia were both being supported by both of their support partners. However, Oscar and Rolf weren't on the battlefield, so they should have only gained the bonuses of one of their partners. The problem ended when I started the battle though.

Well, is there any way if you can check and see about the first glitch with Sol/Runesword. I think that the wording on Runesword is messed up in game: it restores full HP dealt, not 1/2. Sol also restores HP equal to damage dealt. So maybe they actually stack instead of a switch mechanic for HP restoration. (i.e. restore 2x damage dealt)

As for your support glitch, I know that that has happened to me before; I'm not sure what causes it though. I think you might want to see if it has to do with the placement of characters in the menu (the order in which they appear on the unit screen). If you have a support set up in the preparations screen and remove one of the characters from the battle, the support bonus won't disappear until the battle starts. Perhaps it simply doesn't recheck every time you reposition?

I really wish the NA/EU versions of this game contained the forge glitch that I heard was present in the JPN version: What you do is forge a weapon, set the critical to 0%, and the computer will read it as having a critical of 255%....

That Japanese glitch is really broken. I think the sol glitch is more than 2x because of that example with Oscar. Maybe it really is just full healing. Well I'm still on chapter 21, so I can still check out that glitch. I don't think your explanation is right because Rolf was never on the battlefield in chapter 21 because I haven't used him since chapter 19.

That Japanese glitch is really broken. I think the sol glitch is more than 2x because of that example with Oscar. Maybe it really is just full healing. Well I'm still on chapter 21, so I can still check out that glitch. I don't think your explanation is right because Rolf was never on the battlefield in chapter 21 because I haven't used him since chapter 19.

Yea. It is. :/

I really wish the NA/EU versions of this game contained the forge glitch that I heard was present in the JPN version: What you do is forge a weapon, set the critical to 0%, and the computer will read it as having a critical of 255%....

If I am not mistaken, it only worked for weapons that started with non-zero critical (i.e. slim lance, slim sword, and thunder.) So even with auto-critical (which is what this effectively is), a 9 Mt weapon maximum means that it's not necessarily a guaranteed insta-kill. Plus, axe users can't get it at all, so this made them weaker than they are here. But still, nice glitch. I wish it worked here. I'd use it, especially on thunder tomes.

You can still get reliable criticals with a forged slim sword. Forge it with max might, accuracy, and critical. Give it to a swordmaster with gamble. You will usually have at least a 70% chance of criticaling and an 80% or more chance of hitting.

You can still get reliable criticals with a forged slim sword. Forge it with max might, accuracy, and critical. Give it to a swordmaster with gamble. You will usually have at least a 70% chance of criticaling and an 80% or more chance of hitting.

VK has 35 critical in this game, so 35 + 15 (max skill) + 15 (SM boost) = 65 crit. Even in HM, 99+% of non-boss characters aren't breaking 10 dodge (and most have <5), so that's 55% chance of a critical. Lucia (not that anyone uses her) can get to 70% with her bond bonuses with Elincia and Geoffrey. And that's without gamble. I guess IS did give her one small silver lining that kind of, sort of, if-you-look-at-it-from-the-right-angle, resembles a saving grace. Of course, parity nulls the bond bonuses (I think), so ignore that last sentence.

And even without VK, I'm pretty sure that there are 3 or so killing edges in the game too, which have 30 crit.

On the subject of super high critical rates, try Rolf + Oscar bond + Boyd bond + Shinon bond + Killer bow = 30 (bow) + 25 (bonds) + 15 (Skl) + 15 (Sniper bonus) = 85 Crit. In other words, when used in this way, Rolf will have >75% critical and 93.75% chance of at least one critical if he doubles (and 56.25% chance of a double critical). And I haven't even considered the possibility of a wrath scroll...

Edited by Randomly Predictable?

If you are willing to place your characters inconveniently to increase critical, you'd mind as well do a triangle attack.

If you are willing to place your characters inconveniently to increase critical, you'd mind as well do a triangle attack.

Forgot about that, since I don't think that I have ever actually done so. But still, Elincia, Geoffrey, and Lucia don't have a triangle attack, and, if you pull parity immediately, you can get a lot of crit on Lucia. Geoffrey-Elincia already have a support (and an anti-crit bond), and Lucia has Earth affinity for more avoid (though none of her supports are great characters). Plus, Geoffrey and Elincia can both move twice and are probably going to be 'midline' fighters too, so they can move to get next to where Lucia will move. I know it's inconvenient, but I do think it's certainly viable as a strategy. It's worth testing, and I can always ward-abuse Elincia to get a respectable level.

OK, back to the topic. I read somewhere that Ike is shown in his ranger uniform in the scene after chapter 25. I didn't notice that, though I will look for that when I get that far. Another "ugly" glitch.

Update: I thought of a situation that might become a glitch. If you fill the convoy with 200 items, and you give a character 4 items or weapons that cannot be dropped and then obtain another, what would happen? For example, in ch. 27, give a character 3 occults and, depending on whether you recruited Reyson, the Knight Ring or Renewal scroll. Have that character kill Hafedd and get his occult. Your item inventory will be overfull with 5 undroppable items, and they can't be sent to the full convoy. Will the game freeze or become impassable?

Edited by Kinata