Judge my team

If I am correct, bases > growths.

Just look at Dieck. Plus, Noah has leads in HP, SKL, SPD, LCK, RES, and CON. Hell, he even gets a C in swords and Anima.

Treck, or as I like to call him Dreck, has Wind, gets an E in swords, has lolwind, and wins in DEF. But ties in STR.

It's basically like this:

Lance ≥ Allen >>> Noah >> Treck.

And wtf at Lvl. 15 Roy at 11A.

Lolno.

Noah is still not that great. Lolwut? Tie in Str!? Treck's +3 Str at 20/1 vs Noah's 13 is no tie, there base Spd is also the same, Treck will have higher a higher growth, let's not forget Treck has +3 HP, 2 Def/Luck, Noah's only beating Treck by +2 Res, not much og a big deal since this is FE6, where characters have lower resistance than later on in the series.

And the sword rank isn't too important, Treck is most likely to be main ranked in lances, you could just train him with an iron sword since he will habe low Skill, there is an axefest coming up, he will be ready with just an average sword.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is even more egregious than my mistake about Dieck and Oujay in the other thread!

If I am correct, bases > growths.

Just look at Dieck.

Why? Bases and growths aren't comparable in that way, they're both important. And if you want to say one is better than the other, in the end growths are more important for almost all non-prepromoted characters. For all his great bases, Dieck falls behind toward the end of the game.

Just look at Dieck. Plus, Noah has leads in HP, SKL, SPD, LCK, RES, and CON. Hell, he even gets a C in swords and Anima.

Treck, or as I like to call him Dreck, has Wind, gets an E in swords, has lolwind, and wins in DEF. But ties in STR.

You're kidding. Even by level fourteen Noah will have fallen behind in everything but skill, speed and resistance, where he'll only have a bare lead. Though his lead in skill and speed will keep growing and reaches five or something by 20/20, he loses his bare lead in speed by 20/7. His resistance is still too low to be significant despite being higher than Treck's. Treck's leads in strength, defense and eventually HP are more considerable. Noah's extra point of Con and higher weapon levels are a bonus but don't redeem the fact that he has the worst stats of the four cavaliers.

By the way, you said Treck has the wind affinity twice.

It's basically like this:

Lance ≥ Allen >>> Noah >> Treck.

Since when is Lance any better than Alan? The two are practically the same and if you ask me Alan is better since Lance's slightly higher base speed won't let him double anything at the beginning of the game while Alan's slightly higher base strength is actually going to use. Not to mention that Lance has that same E in swords that's so horrible in Treck, or Dreck as you like to call him.

Alan and Lance are both better than Treck, who is a step above Noah.

And wtf at Lvl. 15 Roy at 11A.

Level fifteen for Roy is very reasonable at that point if he's been used moderately.

By the way, Soul, I think you got a couple of your facts wrong in your last post.

Nope, I cheked it again, the lack of use of a Steel Sword on Treck won't be too much when he's doing decent damage aginst axe users later on, his base Spd isn't so bad, his Luck will also start being reliable, reliable enough as to dodge axe users with a sword.

Percival is pretty good for a prepromote. Klein's not too bad either. Also, I suggest you train Miledy and/or Zeiss. Both are pretty good and are capable of supporting with Ellen.

If you want to use Sophia, it would be better to do it now rather than on Hard mode. Keep in mind that you'll need quite a lot of patience when trying to train Sophia.

You should probably know that after Ch 16, you can take either the Ilia route or the Sacae route. If Thany+Tate's levels exceed Sue+Shin, then you'll go Ilia route. If Sue+Shin have higher levels, then Sacae route it is. If you want Yuno, you'll have to take the Ilia route. iirc Zealot, Thany, and Tate also have to be alive. I think Niime also joins earlier in the Ilia route.

btw Roy promotes extremely late in this game so you don't need to level him up so much. Also, it's good to see I'm not the only one who promotes healers ASAP.

imo Lilina leveled up too many times for you to dump her now. You don't need to use Ray if you'll have Sophia anyway. Just so you know, Ray is like the darker version of Lugh while Sophia is like Lilina. You could stick with any combination. I still prefer Hugh over them all though

Nope, I cheked it again,

Sorry about that, I didn't realize that all your comments applied to the characters at 20/1. I thought with some of them you were talking bases.

Klein is decent, I'm so stupid I've been overusing Roy and he really isn't great either.

Don't worry about overusing Roy. He'll likely be stuck at level twenty for a while without anything to do, but it's important that Roy is able to take hits when all of your other characters are already promoted, right? If you take off his weapons once he hits that mark you won't have to worry about accidentally stealing experience and his survivability against wyvern riders will be significantly improved.

Is Yuno horrible to the degree of Fiona?

I haven't played FE9 or FE10, so I don't know much about Fiona, though from forty-five seconds of checking the character out it seems like they're in very different situations.

Juno/Yuno is a level nine Falcon Knight with only one stat above fifteen is speed. Generally her base stats are all a couple points above those of Marcus in the first chapter. Juno is further distinguished by having the crappy growth rates typical of FE6 late-game prepromotes. She's no Yodel, but is comparable to Percival and has the distinction of a ten percent growth for both defense and resistance! She's not worth using unless you want to do the triangle attack.

Speaking of Percival, I don't think he's worth using on normal mode. Even your badly screwed Alan will likely pass him up after being promoted and raised to level five, and unlike Percival Alan doesn't have bad growths from there on out. HM is a different story, but from what I've gathered reading the topic you don't seem to be playing it.

Is Yuno horrible to the degree of Fiona?

Nah, much, MUCH worse. She can double alright, but her growths are crap, Fiona will at least cap most of her stats. Yuno is bad, and the "Flying utility" or "She completes the triangle attack" don't make her any more useful at all, Thany or Thite could do that with a Killer Lance, in which, they will loose AS, but even after the AS loss they are still faster than her at her level.

Klein and Percival both unleash their full potential in Hard Mode. Still, Percival is okay in Normal Mode as well.

Yuno is the worst Pegasus in GBA FE. The only reason you'd want to use her is for the Triangle Attack but even then, I don't think it's worth wasting another character slot just for that. I haven't played FE9-10 so I can't compare Yuno with Fiona.

Roy is also not THAT bad after he gets the Sword of Seals (same time as promotion). He's actually pretty decent with it. So it would probably be a good idea to make sure he hits Lv 20 before promotion. The thing is, you have more than enough time to accomplish that so overusing Roy is pointless.

As I said before, she is playing Normal Mode, the disscusion is at Normal Mode. Klein isn't any much better really, just higher HP, Str & Skill, he only gets +1 in Spd.

Igrene is better than him in Normal Mode, equals at Hard Mode, the A rank in bows is quite overrated, it isn't much when you will be Silver Bow reliable, Igrene on the other hand is as useful with a Steel Bow.

Eh, I still prefer Wolt and Dorothy over the prepromote Snipers.

Actually, I prefer Sue and Shin over all those Archers/Snipers. Sue, in particular, is a very nice dodge machine. Queen Elincia already started training Sue and even promoted her. I really don't think a second bow user is necessary.

Oh yeah, me too. I actually main Dorothy, Wolt isn't any better than Klein, actually =P

I also use Sue, so if Queen Elincia has her there's no need for other bow users, Sue also uses swords upon promotion, so she's not stuck at 2 range.

Sue is amazing if she doesn't get screwed over by the RNG. With a little bit of luck or a couple stat boosters she can end up getting more kills than Rutger, and thanks to her stats she acts like a myrmidon with swords after promotion. Her biggest problems are bad support options and the fact that even if she's only a couple points below her strength average she'll be really unimpressive mid game in Hard Mode. I'm still a fan because I had good luck and wouldn't have gotten much benefit from support anyway with the way I sent her out alone or with a paladin to take care of secondary enemies, but those two facts really break her for most people.

The contrast between Roy unpromoted and promoted is amazing. His stats still won't be the best on your team after promotion, but thanks to the Sword of Seals he'll be one of the most powerful fighters on your team anyway. In the second-to-last chapter, where everything is weak to Divine Weapons and the Sword of Seals, Roy will be the best except perhaps a well-leveled Lilina or Sophia with Forblaze and Apocalypse. In the last chapter, where the enemy is weak only to the Sword of Seals, Roy is several times more effective than the next character.

I was training Dorothy and Klein but I figured Sue should be enough :). I'm having trouble picking only 10 characters for endgame :( I really like almost every character, this reminds me of Sacred Stones too many favorites and few slots :/. At least Sacred Stones let me pick two more people.

Roy

Sue

Sophia

Thany

Ellen

Echidna

Gonzales

Lalum

?

?

That is my planned team but I also think I should put Lilina to use and I really like Ray, Noah, and both Wendy and Alan are at level 20 ready to promote. I also like having two fliers so its either Tate or Miledy, but Zeiss looks good too. I'm having a hard time here :(.

I think you're approaching it from the wrong angle. Instead of thinking of eight characters for chapter 24 (Roy and Fa are forced) it's better to think of fourteen for chapter 22. I'd suggest giving your Divine Weapons to whoever can use them best in that chapter, and choosing your final team primarily based on who has Divine Weapons since other characters are going to be so much less useful. In the end it's all going to be about stats, since nobody wants to spend longer than they have to at that stage.

You would have an easier time picking if you didn't abuse

Yeah, but I think one of the goals of this playthrough was to raise everyone at least a bit. I did the same on my first FE6 playthrough.

In fact, I think the developers expected players to abuse just a bit because there's a significant jump in enemy difficulty starting in the first chapter where you have access to an arena, chapter 7.

The last two chapters in this game are extremely easy as long as you have some Divine weapons (if you don't, then you won't be able to access them anyway). The tougher chapters are the two that come before those, where I'm pretty sure you get to choose more than ten people. In other words, it doesn't really matter if your team has more than ten people. In any case, looking at your levels and preferences,

Sword of Seals - Roy

Durandal - ? (you have quite a lot of choices here)

Armads - Gonzales/Echidna

Malte - Thany (again, you have a lot of options)

Miurgre - Sue

Forblaze - Lilina (why waste all that grinding?)

Aureola - Ellen (don't even consider Yodel)

Apocalypse - Sophia (if it turns out to be too much of a pain to train her, you can always use Niime)

Exaccus - idklol

Holy Maiden - Clarine/Ellen (yes, you can have S rank in more than one area)

You have quite a lot of people that can support with Roy: Lilina, Sophia, Sue, Thany, Lalam, and Alance (if you plan to put them in your main team). Gonzales can support Lilina while Echidna can support Lalam. You could also have Gonzales support with Echidna if you want two axe users. Ellen works well with either of the two Wyverns (if you're using them) which are also capable of supporting with each other. If you're using Fa, she can support with Sophia because Roy might be too busy for Sophia. Dieck can take your Durandal slot if Thany needs a support but you also have some Paladins that might want Durandal instead.

btw I don't think these matter too much in Normal mode. The game shouldn't be that hard.

Well, here's my suggestion:

Sword of Seals - Roy

Durandal - Dieck

Armads - Gonzales/Echidna

Malte - Miledy, for little or no AS loss at all.

Miurgre - Sue

Forblaze - Lilina/Lugh/Hugh (Just look at Idoun's stats...)

Aureola - Saul (Little or no AS loss, faster, which in total will cause more damage)

Apocalypse - Sophia/Ray (Both of them are fine, Niime is such a pain to get up to S rank)

Exaccus - idklol

Holy Maiden - Clarine/Ellen (yes, you can have S rank in more than one area)

I agree with Lightbrand on who should get the holy weapons, his choices seem fairly straightforward and I doubt they'll change except in the case of Malte and Durandal. I would suggest not even thinking about those two until you're handing out the holy weapons, since a lot of people want them and you can't be sure who will be able to use them best until the last minute.

I think Ellen is a better choice than Saul because on normal mode being weighed down by Aureola is no big deal, she'll still be able to double the enemies in the final chapters, and Sophia is a better choice than Ray because she'll be more able to one-shot all the enemies in those chapters. I'd also go with Gonzalez over Echidna for the same reason.

I'm feeding kills to Sophia, this map is hard on Roy he's been put to sleep and killed more than before, he still cant be a shield yet.

All my fliers are guarding Sophia, Miledy can't double so she weakens enemies for Sophia while Ellen heals team A (Tate, Gonzales, Thany, Sophia, Miledy) and Cecilia heals the other team (Roy, Fir, Lilina, Echidna, Astol)

Fa is cute

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Wow! You have sure built nice strategies there, very good. :awesome:

You might want to spare that Secret Book and Speedwings you got on Sophiya, depends if you gave the Secret Book to Gonzales...Sophiya will make good use of the Speedwings, though. :)