Who likes Shadow the hedgehog (The game)

Mousefire

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it

• Yes
    • It's okay
    • No
    • It sucks balls

I have ~40 games and about 32-33 are better. It's pretty not good. SA2B for the GC was far, far better.

^This

It was kind of Bland, but I liked it in the end. I played it when I was much younger, and me and my friend laughed anytime he cussed.

I have ~40 games and about 32-33 are better. It's pretty not good. SA2B for the GC was far, far better.

^This

It was kind of Bland, but I liked it in the end. I played it when I was much younger, and me and my friend laughed anytime he cussed.

Let's see. This is an opinion, so I am going to be (naturally) biased. There was no real story other than "Good guy: do this, Bad Guy, no, beat the level this way." The game could be beaten in ~8 hours and there was no real reason to play again other than to see the other endings. It seemed like fanservice to me when I played it. Think of it this way: comparing StH to SA2B is like comparing Super Mario World to Yoshi's Story.

I got it when I was like 12 and I thought it was great. I semi-recently tried playing it again. I was surprised at how ridiculously terrible the controls were.

No

You say that as if you've played them.

There are probably plenty of Atari/NES games worse than both of those.

Unfortunately, you're half right. I did play S64 at one point. But E.T. is often regarded as the worst game ever. There's a whole dump somewhere in New Mexico filled with thousands of copies of the game, or so the rumors go.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

I was initially turned off by the Shadow the Hedgehog game because of how the gameplay was more "third-person shooter" than a usual Sonic game. I also didn't really like the controls as they felt kind of wonky to me at times, and that it was very dark for a Sonic game. The gratuitious swearing was unnecessary as well, although I did find it funny at times. There's some replay value in the branching storylines and finding all of the endings, but the game isn't great overall.

I would recommend it over Sonic 2006 though.

"Hah! Guns, why would I need them? -

WTF my homing attack goes like 2 feet and is inaccurate?!"

And vehicles? I can WALK faster than that.

I thought it was okay because of the flashback parts. We NEEDED to know more about his past.

Edited by Sho Minamimoto

Shadow the hedgehod was an interesting concept, but wonky controls, half baked story, repetitive game play ect. ect. made the unenjoyable. I guess it was targeted toward little kids who would laugh at the swearing. I mean seriously, it is pretty obvious the swearing was merely put in for the novelty, the situations aren't really what I'd call "swear inciting". Except when shadow falls into a bottomless pit. But, it would make much more sense to say fuck or shit than damn. Another sign that swearing was put in for novelty. all they would need is suggested nudity to complete the purpose of swearing.

Edited by Luminothe