17 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer

• Ike
    • Marth

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They each have good points and bad points. For a technical battle that requires skill and precision, I'd say Marth. For a battle that requires beating the opponent to death in a few moves I'd say Ike.

Ike is good for quick matches of killing prowess.

Marth is good for long matches of sliceing and diceing.

I'm better with Ike, but I'd say Marth is overall the better character beacuse of his mad skills. (I'm a sucker for fights that require mad skillz.)

I use them both, personally I think that there is no "better" character.

If you want swift attacks and agile movements go with Marth

If you want high damage, high knockback, decent speed, high weight, and general cheapness choose Ike.

I personally prefer Marth.

Yeah. I fixed it. Also, Ike is better than Marth. He's easily the cheapest character in the game.

Yeah. I fixed it. Also, Ike is better than Marth. He's easily the cheapest character in the game.

I'd say Sonic is the cheapest character. (Not even for just his final smash.)

I'd say Sonic is the cheapest character. (Not even for just his final smash.)

Counting an item in cheapness? Wow. And, he may be fast but he only has like... 1 or 2 killing moves. Also, sometimes speed isn't always an advantage.

Sonic has no priority lol

Anyway, Ike is slower than Marth, and I don't think he can chase people very far after hitting them once, as opposed to Marth, who can. While Ike's obvious KO moves are relatively easy to avoid, he has some kill moves that come out surprisingly quick. Ike generally has to be more defensive, since a fast character could possibly knock him around a bit if he screws up.

Marth, while he has less power than Ike, has a very easy time getting in people's faces and slapping them around, and most of his kill moves are very effective and come out retardedly quick. He's lighter, and therefore easier to KO than Ike, but he doesn't really have any big problem with his weight. A good Marth just plain has an easier time winning matches than an equally good Ike.

Summation: I like Ike and I think Marth is ghey. It's easier to pick up Ike, while it's easier to become a true contender with Marth. But I think beating somebody with Ike makes you feel more like you accomplished something.

Edited by Dr.Dorian

Ike is in NO way the cheapest character. His speed negates the ability to BE cheap. Pit is cheaper than Ike, even. He can spam arrows and people with crap speed can't get out of the chain easily, especially with lag. Then when someone gets close, Pit can FSmash or USmash for multiple hits and good knock back. Meta Knight is pretty cheap too, as is Sonic. Dedede's massive chain grabbing and whatnot is cheap as hell, Kirby's <B and vB are also cheap. The only thing that would make Ike cheap is his power, and by that logic, Ganondorf is cheap.

ANYWAYS...

Marth is good for hit and runs and long strings of combos.

Ike is good for brutal strikes that knock people into short combos that usually end with death.

Marth is more fragile and much lighter, but despite this he still has alright power and can his combo potential is outstanding.

Ike is heavier, more durable and he's a walking wrecking ball, but his speed makes it hard to fight against speedier characters and stuff.

All in all, Marth would be considered the better character, but Ike also having the ability to super armour a bunch of stuff is a phenomenal bonus (ask Knife and Serene, I super armoured them when they used Dragoon near me almost all the time. He can also super armour one of the deadliest Final Smashes of all: Marth's. Which is a real hit for Marth, but Marth is still slightly better.

Edited by Zanryu

In my opinion it varies due to skill level but I'd have to say if someone who foguht themselves someway were to be Marth vs. Ike. Due to his agility he can run circles around Ike and peg him with low damage, high accuracy attacks. And as for super armor, if your near the end of a life, what's that gonna do for you, make you more killable, the super armor can save your ass, but if you are near death, and fighting a player you know will hit you with his next strike, it's worthless

Ike is in NO way the cheapest character. His speed negates the ability to BE cheap. Pit is cheaper than Ike, even. He can spam arrows and people with crap speed can't get out of the chain easily, especially with lag. Then when someone gets close, Pit can FSmash or USmash for multiple hits and good knock back. Meta Knight is pretty cheap too, as is Sonic. Dedede's massive chain grabbing and whatnot is cheap as hell, Kirby's <B and vB are also cheap. The only thing that would make Ike cheap is his power, and by that logic, Ganondorf is cheap.

ANYWAYS...

Ike is good for brutal strikes that knock people into short combos that usually end with death.

Marth is more fragile and much lighter, but despite this he still has alright power and can his combo potential is outstanding.

Ike is heavier, more durable and he's a walking wrecking ball, but his speed makes it hard to fight against speedier characters and stuff.

All in all, Marth would be considered the better character, but Ike also having the ability to super armour a bunch of stuff is a phenomenal bonus (ask Knife and Serene, I super armoured them when they used Dragoon near me almost all the time. He can also super armour one of the deadliest Final Smashes of all: Marth's. Which is a real hit for Marth, but Marth is still slightly better.

Have you seen how Olimar uses his Super Armor?

Now that's just embarrassing for Marth to be stopped by a whistle.

Uh... where is the "Both" option? I need it.

I agree, I only gave Marth the win by like a decent attack by Ike, it's close, very close

Have you seen how Olimar uses his Super Armor?

Now that's just embarrassing for Marth to be stopped by a whistle.

I honestly don't see any embarrassment behind that. That and it isn't related to this topic. Like, at all. <_<

I know, I just wanted to post a really cool vid.

Also, Marth is better in one on ones and Ike is better in Free for alls.

Not necessarily. In free for alls with quick characters, Ike gets trapped in a hole straight to hell, where as Marth can match the speed (or get close to it) or run circles around everyone and switch off between targets to spread the damage and keep most at bay. However, if Ike can get to one side and knock people away and then shatter them like shards of glass, he'll dominate in the FFA. Otherwise, it's tough.

Not necessarily. In free for alls with quick characters, Ike gets trapped in a hole straight to hell, where as Marth can match the speed (or get close to it) or run circles around everyone and switch off between targets to spread the damage and keep most at bay. However, if Ike can get to one side and knock people away and then shatter them like shards of glass, he'll dominate in the FFA. Otherwise, it's tough.

Okay then I meant in Timed matches, where KOs count as a point. Ike would probably have the most kills.

ANYWAYS...

No, NO. Ike's speed in no way makes him "not able to be cheap" the whole point is his speed LETS HIM be cheap. Gannondorf's attacks are MUCH MUCH harder to land than Ike's, and barely stronger, infact, some aren't stronger (like his Side B ). Ike and any slow character can get out of Pit's arrows easily, because Pit can only use them at about half (or more) the speed of a ray gun, meaning he can't spam it enough to keep you from reacting. Ike's AIR attacks like his A can send someone FLYING who's light, even if it's close to the start of a match (while other heavy characters just move the people a bit with less of a thud than Ike's attacks). Ike is probably the fastest heavy hitter out there (outside of cheap ones like Wolf), His Smash A can one hit people, and it goes off faster than Gannondorf's B attack, which has about the same hitting power, and less range and a longer charge up. Ike has the greatest Side B recovery of the heavy people, reching about twice the range of Gannondorf's side B and farther than (unless you have some nice momentum) Dedede's Up B. Ike can own people just playing with Kirby's Down B since he can just charge up an attack by them, by the time theyget out of the rock or he leaves it normaly, Ike has them because of his attack's range. Ike's down B guards all attacks, all of them, while Pit's Down B not only only guards front attacks but upper front attacks can still hurt him, and it's a breakable reflector. Ike's UP B can stop Final smashes, and his Final smash can one hit a lot of characters (While you can actualy hit pit's away and guard or avoid his attacks while he's launched them, and you get a large amount of time to prep since his FS takes a it, and you see where the units come in). On top of all his attacks, Ike doesn't have a long pause time in his attacks like others do. Dedede takes a bit to recover from his Up B, long enough for people to jump and hit him (and he will go flying if Ike is used) before he can do anything.

Uh... where is the "Both" option? I need it.

That.. can't be an option. If two people fight there is one winner.

Edited by Copain