Lilina is so NOT the best mage...

Junkhead

Considering the best possible DEF any magic user can get on average is 15.8, I'd say her average is better than most magic users.

Edited by Merlinus the Jew

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ALWAYS use Lilina on my team because her magic growth is amazing to the point where she can kill Mamkutes with Aircalibur alone. But she suffers from low skill growth, HP and defense which kind of keeps her from being ZOMG TEH BEST MAGE EVAR~!!1 Hugh and Lugh have the advantage of being more well-rounded.

Aircalibur alone but you're totally not counting that she has to wait until enemy phase, oh wait. What Enemy Phase? With that Defense!? :o

In my experience she can usually one-shot them. And I didn't know defense had anything to do with Mamkute fire attacks, I thought it was like the Fire Dragon in Rekka where there was no defensive/resistance protection from its fire.

In my experience she can usually one-shot them.

Exactly. Do you know what Personal Experience means? Nothing.

And I didn't know defense had anything to do with Mamkute fire attacks, I thought it was like the Fire Dragon in Rekka where there was no defensive/resistance protection from its fire.

Now you now it isn't, you wouldn't know since she oneshots them.

In my experience she can usually one-shot them.

Exactly. Do you know what Personal Experience means? Nothing.

And I didn't know defense had anything to do with Mamkute fire attacks, I thought it was like the Fire Dragon in Rekka where there was no defensive/resistance protection from its fire.

Now you now it isn't, you wouldn't know since she oneshots them.

I didn't imply personal experience meant anything. *shrug*

You obviously implied something when saying "In my experience she oneshots mamuketes". But don't take it personally, it's what we do in debate, we say how good a character is by someone's personal experience, because each character turns out different for us, that's why we use stat averages.

I've also had Lilina rip through enemy mamkutes toward the end of the game. Though I don't have any enemy stats to prove it scientifically, I think that's a normal performance.

I justify Lilina being a great unit by her being able to hold her own well once trained, her decent availability which makes that training possible without abuse or extensive favoritism and the incredibly fast and IMO useful support with Roy. There are a lot of characters who are better than her, but there are also a lot that are worthless compared to her.

In the end I think that it all depends on the individual player's style, how useful a character will be. Few people rush through the game with only efficiency in mind and everybody indulges in at least a bit of favoritism.

Do we really need more topic about Lilina? :facepalm:

It's funny how none of them are actually on the FE6 board.

You obviously implied something when saying "In my experience she oneshots mamuketes". But don't take it personally, it's what we do in debate, we say how good a character is by someone's personal experience, because each character turns out different for us, that's why we use stat averages.

I'll be honest, I also for a time subscribed to an FAQ made by...Firelizard, I think? Where he praised her as the best simply for her high magic growth and ability to oneshot mamkutes. >.> And I found that to be somewhat true. Her magic did indeed max out for me, but I've always had a problem with her skill growth. And a few other people I've talked to have as well. :( Plus low HP and defense are part for the course with mages anyway.

(I've always thought of stats as a matter of average + RNG + sheer luck. I've had characters rock for me in one playthrough and blow in the next.)

Actually, very few units are considered "great/good" by the highest FE standards in FE6: Lance, Allen, Dieck, Percival, Echidna, and Miredy.

Rutger Hauer.

So what is this topic meant to achieve exactly everybodys opinions are going to remain unswayed by this and may even be reinforced

Relevant yet spoiler'd due to Luminothe's recent topics

opinions are like faeces- everybody has them but other people just think they're shit

Can you even read? I DID say we would be talking about effeciency, then you guys come up and go like "my lilina is the best because she capped everything, bla bla bla...". <_<

Can you even read? I DID say we would be talking about effeciency, then you guys come up and go like "my lilina is the best because she capped everything, bla bla bla...". <_<

You ought to specify who you're aiming at with this reverse bukkake of a reply

I never said she was the best merely that it was futile to try and change somebodys opinion and nobody has said anything about Lilina being the best in the last 10 posts or so, (maybe you ought to be more careful with exaggerations hint hint)

Dude, there's so much people I could direct this towards to, so...

The people who read no who they are, you are certainly not one of them.

Edited by Soul

I find Lugh more adorable than Lilina, they are both useful when trained but she is inferior to him. I only used her because I read somewhere she is a forced unit for endgame but i'm not sure if she is or not, my favorite is Sophia then its Ray I still need to recruit Hugh but I like both Lilina and Lugh equally.