The Avaunt Edgemaster

Serene

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Part three

Serene: *interested with the person infront of him* So, who are you, you seem to be a man who know's a bit of being a spy?

??????: I ain't a spy, I'm a sage, but please call me MaSu

Kilvas *unamused* Wow, that sounds like a really good name, what stoned moron would name you that?

MaSu: I don't know

Serene: I'm guessing that you are the traitor those solider's told us about a few seconds ago, right? *MaSu shakes head* Then tell me why are you on the run.

MaSu: Well it's because I don't believe in the war that is happening. Dryden is up to something, I just can't tell you what.

Kilvas: so what in hell are you considered in the army cause you don't look like a solider to me

MaSu: That's because I'm a Guardian Edgemaster. And that I don't use a blade, I use magic.

Serene: *even more interested* a Guardian Edgemaster, say we have a bone to settle with Dryden ourselves, say you come along and we help you defeat them.

MaSu: Why do I need your help, I can do this on my own.

*Serene moves behind MaSu before he could do a thing*

Serene: That's why, you either have two options, help me, or die.

MaSu: Alright, all help you, just don't kill me okay.

Serene: Good *let's go of MaSu* it's getting late, we might as well camp here

*after camp is set up, MaSu is asleep*

Kilvas: I don't trust him

Serene: Why, I don't see anything wrong with this man, plus we need more people to help us.

Kilvas: Well he's a traitor, what if he leaves as well.

Serene: Can't you trust me on this

Kilvas: No I can't, I don't like the idea. And on subject, why is it you who always gives the order's were of the same rank, why can't I be in charge for some time?

Serene: Because you are indebt to me, you remember what had happened 100 years ago.

Kilvas: Yes, yes I do.

*Riverlith 100 years ago*

Townsperson #1: Hey it's an Avanut girl, what is she doing down here

*they are all staring at a younger form of Kilvas*

Kilvas: I fell from the sky, I mean no trouble.

Townsperson #2: To hell you do, you're here to get another invasion started for those Avaunts *raises axe* well I ain't going to let that happen.

*Kilvas cowers in fear while the townsperson trust his axe down. A sound of metal is heard as the blow is blocked*

Serene: Foul incarnations of Lenna, may your soul be turned as cold as ice for this act of evil.

*Swings scythe a full 360 degrees, all townspeople that surronded Kilvas were dead*

Kilvas: Who are you

Serene: I'm Serene, are you hurt in any way

Kilvas: No, thanks to you, I'm not dead now. My name is Kilvas, I wish to become an Avaunt Knight, but I'm worthless.

Serene: Who said this to you.

Kilvas: My teacher up at the training school. She said I can't do a thing right

Serene: Well I'll tell you what, I'll train you, I'm an Avaunt as well *shows wings*.

Kilvas: Really, thanks you.

Serene: But in exchange you must become my apprentice till I die, you will follow my order's and become a Knight worthy of only of Lenna herself

Kilvas: Lenna, I've heard that name, isn't that an Arixian term.

Serene: Correct, it refers to Lenna, the leader of the first group called the Runner's. She along with four other people defeated Andacia in the past and created this now peacefull world. I believe that she is the reason why I'm alive

Kilvas: what do you mean?

Serene: I'm an Avaunt Edgemaster, it means that I have Avaunt blood and the blood of an Edgemaster in my vains. My father was an Avaunt while my mother an Edgemaster. My mother is the direct descentant of Lenna herself.

Kilvas: I see, so that is why you reffer to Lenna with such pride

Serene: Yes, now is the time to go back to my homeland, to train you, and regain the lost pride of my family.

*Back at campsite*

Serene: That is why you aren't calling the shot's, you made a oath to me when you were young.

Kilvas: Okay, so what are the plans now?

Serene: As scheduled we figure out where the two Vanguard Knights are, once we take care of them, we have to help sleeping mage over here, with Dryden.

Kilvas: Two Edgemaster's I can understand, but an Army! We can't deal with an Army.

Serene: I know, but I think I have a way to deal with it

*Qatar continent in Arixia*

Solider: Sir, Dryden is getting ready to move out.

??: What is the intended target?

Solider: They plan on taking out Cameros, sir!

??: This isn't good, if Cameros falls, we have just lost the main source of supplies

Solider: What are your orders sir

??: Get men at arms, further order's will be given out later.

Solider: Sir, yes Sir!

*walks away*

???: So Dorian, you've decided on what to do

Dorian: Why are you here miserable scum, you are an exile

???: But I can help, both me and you know the only course of action that will stop this

Dorian: but is we use the Runner technology we discovered, we risk something terrible

???: Whatever you're wish is, you will eventually have to use the Runner tech

Go right ahead, but I'm done for the night on writing, I had an idea in mind for just now, but it made MaSu look like a pansy (though I might still use it)

Go right ahead, but I'm done for the night on writing, I had an idea in mind for just now, but it made MaSu look like a pansy (though I might still use it)

Maybe I will, but I would have to go through the trouble of what everyone looks like. But so far, it seems it would be worth it.

Awww...don't make Masu a pansy, Magic-users are awesome! =]

Alright here's part five

Kilvas: So where's our next destination?

Serene: At this moment I have no idea, since the two Edgemaster's are elusive, it's going to be a challenge

*MaSu notices something in the distance* Ah shit, we got two Marist Edgemaster's coming this way

Serene: Wow, my mouth is handy, maybe one of them is a female.

Kilvas: *Hit's Serene* God damn it, Serene, that line was worse than that week where you went on a DO A BARREL ROLL BINGE

MaSu: Well I have to hand it to you Serene, you're right, one of them is a girl, and in fact is wielding a scythe.

Serene: *amazed* So the Scythe art in which I base my technique off of might be around still

Kilvas: What do you mean

Serene: Most form's that can be learned in Veil, Kilvas, are exclusive to Veil, the technique I use, is exclusive to Marist.

??: Who are you two, *notices MaSu* is that a Dryden Edgemaster *draws scythe. Serene pulls his scythe out* so it seems we both use a scythe

Serene: Seems like it, the Edgemaster over there is on the run from Dryden.

??: To hell I'll believe that

Kilvas: *draws sword* believe him or die.

Serene: No Kilvas, this fight is mine *Kilvas returns her weapon*

??: So, you're going to fight me, Dryden scum.

Serene: To tell you the truth I'm not Dryden. I'm Marist.

??: Like hell I'm going to believe you

Serene: Marist Edgemaster code number 11. In a 1-1 fight, the fighters must reveal their names and technque of choice. Serene, spliting scythe technique

??: Since you know the 11th rule, Dryden scum, I'll humor you. My name is Fox, the technique I'm using is also the spliting scythe technique

Serene: So the technique wasn't lost. But never the less, prepare for fight

Serene and Fox begin to fight furiously, strong blow after strong blow, continue to be launched and defended. The symphony of battle is one that could only be made by these two. There scythe's, the instrunments of the fight, cling, and clanged as they contiuneously hit each other. Then they backed off, panting, drenched in sweat, they readied themselves for what looked to be the final strike

Fox: (He's good, I've never seen anyone this strong in ages)

Serene: (She's a handful, I knew that this technique was the way to go)

Fox and Serene in their own minds: (Time to end this)

Fox: *Scythe turns red* Fox Fire

Serene: *Scythe turns blue* Serene Blizzard

The special moves colided with each other in mid air, resulting in a huge ball of light, and a loud and thunderous explosion. Kilvas and MaSu, amazed by this power, took refuge in the nearest ditch to advoid most of the shockwave. When the light faded, both Serene and Fox were panting, gasping for air, and both of them were leaning on their respective scythe, which had now returned to the color of steal

Serene: *Panting* I knew that you had great power, but to have mastered your execution skill. Tell me Fox, what is your Edgemaster rank in Marist.

Fox: Vanguard *Serene and Kilvas are shocked* is something wrong.

Serene: No, there isn't anything wrong (at least yet for you). Do you know of a place to rest that is nearby.

Fox: Yes just follow me. *attempts to get up, failed attempt* Crap, I think I'm to weak to get up.

Serene: Don't worry, just sleep. Kilvas, you and sargent sage over there make sure no one comes this way.

Kilvas: It shall be done

*Serene and Fox immediatly pass out*

*Back at Dryden*

Solider: General Knife, I have grave news to report.

Knife: What is it solider:

Solider: Sir, I think Veil is getting ready to deploy the Avaunt Knights to clean house.

Knife: What are you sure?

Solider: Posative, several reports in Marist saw a huge light being generated from a large attack. It's more than likely an Avaunt execution skill

Knife: Don't worry about it for now, they haven't invaded here so it isnt' much of a worry. Dismished solider:

*Solider leaves*

Knife: This is bad, if they get here and figure out what I'm doing during this war. I don't want to think about it. As long as I grab the last two relics of the Runner's I win, not even the Avaunt Knights can stop me.

I'm an action writer so I try to focus on that. Also I have an action scene on my computer that relates to a musical symphony

Part Five

*Serene and other's are walking to the nearest area of rest*

Fox: The base that I'm staying at shouldn't be to far ahead

Serene: Good, everything is fine, you don't consider us Dryden anymore

Fox: No, not a bit. I consider battle the true was of figureing out a person. Since you fought with such strenght and honor, I can trust you.

Serene: (You can trust me alright, once you're dead) yeah I understand that

*arrives at a house*

Kilvas: This is where the army cell you have is housed. Small army cell then

Fox: It's Fox let me in.

Solider: Roger

*ground below them gives way, MaSu starts to scream*

Kilvas: I thought you were a Guardian Edgemaster!

MaSu: In the form of a sage yes, in military I'm just a warrior

Fox: Great looks like this bargening chip won't work

Serene: Yeah trust me I couldn't have summed it up better

*They land at the bottom of the floor. An army of at least 5,000 is down here*

Kilvas: Damn this is all that's left of Marist, looks pretty big

Serene: Compared to Dryden, no this army would get massacured.

Fox: Right, hey Lyle, we got a couple more Edgemaster's here

Lyle: Two more, nice that should help us.

Serene: what's your rank

Lyle: Vanguard, I was in the same unit as Fox over here

*Serene looks at Kilvas who nods, Serene nods back*

Serene: I'm afraid that I can't let either of you two to live *Draws scythe, Kilvas draws sword. MaSu hides*

Fox: What, *draws scythe, Lyle draws blade* I was right to not trust you, you are Dryden scum

Serene: Actually were not Dryden were *reveals wings, Kilvas does same, Lyle and Fox are shocked* Avaunt's ordered to kill you. Or do you not plan on reviving Andaica

Lyle: what I don't know what you're saying

Kilvas: Don't hide it, you planned on reviving Andacia for reason's your own

Fox: No we would never do such a thing

Serene: And why am I suposed to trust you

Fox: Because were Triknights

Serene: Oh fucking dandy. Kilvas, make your wings and blade disappear, we can trust them

Kilvas: *Serene does what he told Kilvas to do* Are you sure?

Serene: Yes *Kilvas follows orders* I'm deeply sorry, the Avaunt head must have given us the wrong information. I would never believe in all my years that Triknights would ever want to bring back Andacia

Kilvas: What's a Triknight

Fox: A Triknight is a group of Marist Edgemaster's who watch over Andacia and make sure he's safe not awaken. How do you know such terms Avaunt?

Serene: Because I'm the last Avaunt Edgemaster

Lyle: The last

Fox: *a bit unamazed* Avaunt Edgemaster, I thought they were all dead. To think that someone still lived.

Serene: Yes, but more importantly, when are you planning the attack on Dryden.

Fox: Why

Kilvas: We have to help our friend over here figure out what's going on there, and I don't think two Avaunts could beat an army.

Lyle: True. Fox, I think we should help them out on this

Fox: Agreed, but give us a week to find, and have some of our recurits come.

Kilvas: Deal, now is there a place to rest, I'm tired

Lyle: Yes this way

*Avaunt palace*

???: Why did you summon me master Marius

Marius: Because Serene and Kilvas have broken their oath of secrecy and are helping to defeat Dryden. I want you to defeat them

???: You want them alive

Marius: No the head will do just fine

???: *Happy* Great now I get more fun for my work

*Walks off*

Marius: They do not know nothing of the true plan yet, and I will make sure that they don't learn anything of it

Alright I'm not going to post a part till either late tomorrow or whenever Lyle finishes his story (so mine will get read by more than Kilvas)

Alright here's the next part of the story

*A week after the fight. Fox and Lyle were able to increase the size of their army to around 9000 troups. They now get ready for the war that they shall begin*

Fox: Okay this is good, now all we have to do is find the Dryden army and destory it.

Serene: Do you know the term stategy?

Fox: Yes, and that's one, beat the living shit out of the opponent.

Serene: That's a great idea, only if you have an upper hand in terms of troops or something has given you the edge. And since this isn't a war of attrition you need to make sure you keep the casulties of war to a minimual.

Lyle: And you are suggesting

Serene: I take in charge of the army itself.

Fox: What no way. This is our fight not your's.

Kilvas: You better do as he wants, he's an excellent mind despite the brute force he posses

Serene: *unammused* Thank you Kilvas. Well did you ever hear of The Battle of Litia?

Fox: Yes, that battle was won by a brilliant stategic tactic from the Avaunts. They were almost destroied when they turned the tables in one second. This happend almost 200 years ago, long before our times.

Serene: Long before your time. Not mine. Avaunts age a lot differently, I'm well over 400 years old in terms of Arixia. While in Veil I'm barely 35.

Kilvas: And I'm about 300 Arixian year's, or 25 Avaunt years.

Serene: So what I'm trying to say, is that it was me who orcestrated the victory at Litia.

Fox: What. That isn't possible

Serene: But it is. If you want sure fire success, then let me command.

Fox: Fine, you are in charge now. First suggestion.

Serene: We send out some spy's to try to find the Dryden army that's keeping a large resistance like this from rising up

Lyle: Great job they're doing

Serene: Dryden has always been known for being a lazy guard so I am not surprised by this. I suggest we seen out about 100 people to gather information. In groups of 5, make sure each group has Wishperweed

Kilvas: What the fuck is wishperweed.

Fox: It's a plant that can transmit sound to other plants that are magically transmitted to that plants energy. Yeah I'll do that for you Serene

Serene: Good, once we have gathered location and strenght then we will decided when to strike.

Fox: Alright everyone dismished.

*outside of the resistance cave Serene is alone thinking to himself.

Serene: (Do I want to lead an army again after what happened in Britania)

*Britania the capital of Cameros. Serene's army was cleaning house when something appeared from nowhere a decimated his army, practically no one was left*

???: So Serene: What's on your mind

*Serene looks up to find another Avaunt was above him. He draws his scythe*

Serene: Valter's what are you doing here

Valters: Wondering what's taking you so long to defeat them. They are the ones that want to destory everything aren't they.

Serene: No, Marius gave us lies, something is not right in Veil, nor in Arixia, and I believe that Marius is the blame

Valters: *Draws Lance* Serene, what you say is Heresy to lord Marius. How can you believe this.

Serene: I am bound to no nation, I'm a mercenary since birth, Valters I seriously didn't expect you to forget that. After all you have been the one most critical of me being on the Royal Guard.

Valters: Yes I know. For now I'll let you live, and see if this turns out like Litia or like Britania. *Flies away*

Serene: (For your sake Valter's it better be Litia)

Alright then, here's the next part

*Two weeks after the spies are dispachted. The Marist Resistance has moved to a nearby area to the Dryden army*

Serene: Anything about the Dryden army that is housed here

Kilvas: Yeah apparently the head is a Vanguard.

Fox: They decided to keep a Vanguard in charage here

Serene: Strange, but I think now is the best time to strike. How many men did were they said to have

Kilvas: about 5000

Lyle: They really thought that 5000 troops would cut it

Serene: Well I don't think that they were expecting a resistance.

Fox: Okay wasting time here. What are your orders?

Serene: Alright here is the plan. Lyle, you take 3rd division down the left flank and find some cover, suprise the enemy when they get in the middle of the troops. Keep some out in the open as bait.

Lyle: Okay, I'll get them on it now

Serene: Fox, you take 1st division and head stright down the middle, I expect most of the fighting to be here.

Fox: Sounds interesting enought.

Serene: Kilvas, take 2nd Division and go up the left, same tactic as Lyle.

Kilvas: Alright

Serene: I'm going to have 4th Division protect the base. I'm going to the enemy base along after the fighting starts

Kilvas: Alone? Why

Serene: One unit has a better chance not to be seen, and as long as I take out the leader, this fight will be over.

Fox: Alright you heard the general, Move out.

Capital of Marist:

Soilder: Sir by the looks of it an army is gearing up for an assult on the base

???" What let me see *notices the army there*. Good god, get everyone out there, even the elite Edgemaster's

Solider: Sir, but the Elites are your personel guard. Don't you think it would be dangerout to do that General Ein

Ein: No I don't think so. Seen them out not. That is an order!

Solider: Sir, yes, Sir! *leaves*

Ein: So here it is

Serene: The moment I've been waiting for

Ein and Serene: My trial of fire