Pre-promote run-throughs

As of now, I currently tired of playing the same old boring characters over and over again. I've decided that I'm planning to do a all pre-promote run-through on HM just to challenge myself. My teams will consist of the following:

Roy (mandatory)

Fa (mandatory)

Zealot

Echidna or Bartre depending what route I end up getting

Cecilia

Douglas

Niime

Yuno or Dayan depending what route I end up getting

Yodel

Karel

what do you guys think?

As of now, I currently tired of playing the same old boring characters over and over again. I've decided that I'm planning to do a all pre-promote run-through on HM just to challenge myself. My teams will consist of the following:

Roy (mandatory)

Fa (mandatory)

Zealot

Cecilia

Douglas

Niime

Yodel

Karel

what do you guys think?

Good luck, man. Good luck.

Fa is by no means mandatory you cheater =P she is only needed on the final chapter where you don't need her to kill anything. Although I am fairly sure Mamkutes are classified with the promoted classes, so I guess you can get away with it.

Also, I have done this play through before...

Zealot: Lives up to his rep

Echidna: Rather decent, you may want to give her a body ring so she can use axes better. Her defenses are porr so you don't want her getting hit often.

Bartre: He's not so hot, but he does inflict decent damage, don't rely on him for much though.

Cecilia: Her bases suck, her growths are ok though, just hope you get lucky with her level ups, use her for staffs until she is capable of not sucking.

Douglas: Fairly decent, he's quite usable and does his job decently. Don't expect him to be much offensively though.

Niime: A rather underrated character in my opinion, while she dies in 1-2 shots, she is actually rather good otherwise.

Yuno: She isn't too great since she can't deal damage to much, mage killer at best, unless you get really lucky.

Dayan: One of your better units, definitely worth using, he's just good for a pre promoted person.

Yodel: He's a good character, he isn't too awesome, but he doesn't really suck in anything per say (well defense, but that's normal).

Karel: He's good, enough said

He has the best RES Growth of any physical unit that makes me worsip him.

He has the best growth rates of any unit evar! Too bad this is because he can only grow one level.

• 5 weeks later...
Zealot

Cecilia

Douglas

Niime

Yodel

Karel

Is this board a complete joke? Most of these units listed are unstable to handle on even in a normal mode. :blink: There is no way you can survive a single chapter after you assembled that team...especially when Wyverns are like mainly the most common enemy class in this game...

Edited by Percival

Is this board a complete joke? Most of these units listed are unstable to handle on even in a normal mode. :blink: There is no way you can survive a single chapter after you assembled that team...especially when Wyverns are like mainly the most common enemy class in this game...

That's the point. He wants to give himself a serious challenge.

• 1 month later...

Seriously, you can do a prepromote runthrough in Hard Mode. It's not that hard, and some prepromotes are better than you think.

Percival is an amazing unit, and with Cecilia, Klein and Douglas to lean on, he wrecks even Hard Mode.

Klein supports Percival and has HM bonuses.

Echidna makes Bartre obselete, especially if you're using Lalum. She has good bases all around and she easily S-Ranks both weapons she uses.

Garret is also not half bad of a unit. He's a Berserker and in HM, he comes with 50+HP and 20+ Strength at lvl 1.

Marcus supports Roy, which helps him alot.

Cecilia's stats suck bad, but she's going to be by far your most useful unit here. She's your only healer for a good chunk of the game. She uses Anima which helps out her crap Magic and Skill, and she can Aircalibur the endgame. Her suck defenses are made up with supports.

Also, go to Ilia. Dayan is good, but he's not worth the trouble against the bunches of nomads you're going to face.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a playthrough like this.

Roy (Cecilia A, Marcus B)

Cecilia (Roy A, Percival B)

Marcus (Roy B)

Karel (...)

Echidna (...)

Zealot (Yuno A)

Percival (Klein A, Cecilia B)

Klein (Percival A)

Garret (Had C Support with Lalum, but I didn't use her later on.)

Still, there's a lot of variations that can be made here, Bartre can replace Echidna so that Karel has a support partner. (Although he comes so late it doesn't really matter.) Also, you can replace Garret or one of the paladins with one of the late-game mages. (Niime and Yodel.)

This works well, even in hard mode, although it's a lot of stress on Cecilia being both the only mage unit and the only healer. Igrene is an okay choice as well, if you plan to cheat with Fa.. ;)

Edited by Rienfleche