Another H5 Playlog

I doubt anyone will really care, but I'm adding my latest runthrough to the collection of others on here. This will be as efficient a run as I can realistically do, meaning I don't have the patience to reset to save a turn or two, but it will be the best of my ability. I'm planning to keep the warpskipping to a minimum, but I may still use it for 24 and Endgame, depending on how I'm feeling when I get there. I don't actually have much of a team planned yet either, so anyone who wants to live would be advised to get good levels.

The whole reason I'm doing this run is because I was recently enlightened to how amazing a Wing Spear forge boosts Caeda, as previously, I had reclassed her to Mage at the first opportunity. My previous runthroughs were also a little lackluster, and I know I could have moved a fair bit quicker than I did. Anyway, without further ado, here we go.

Chapter 1

Not much to talk about here. I bought 4 Javelins from the armory, which should last for a bit. Jagen did a lot of the work, and he even critkilled 2 guys. Its a shame about the lost experience, but it probably bought me an extra turn. Gordin got a lot of good hits in, which allowed me to feed kills to more useful units. He also had nice accuracy on the boss, while everyone else kept missing with Javelins. As usual, the boss was a pain, but he only dodged the Silver Lance once, which was luckier than I've ever been on him before. I spread the experience out since I'm not sure who I intend to use yet. Marth managed to get the boss kill. Caeda got strength on her first levelup, which I'm taking as a good sign.

LvExp  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res   Wpn

Marth     2.70  19   6   0   4   7   8   7   0   Sword-D
Cain      2.10  21   7   0   5   6   3   8   0   Sword-D, Lance-E
Abel      2.11  21   6   0   8   7   2   7   0   Sword-E, Lance-D
Caeda     2.32  17   5   1   7  13  10   7   6   Lance-D
Draug     1.80  20   7   0   3   3   1  11   0   Lance-D
Jagen     1.77  22   7   1  10   8   1   9   6   Sword-D, Lance-B
Gordin    1.84  18   5   0   3   4   4   6   0   Bow-  D

Sacrifices:          none
Chapter Turn Count:  22
Total Turn Count:    22

Edited by Gergeshwan

Chapter 2

I got fairly lucky in this one, since my previous best turncount was 40+. Jagen and Barst did most of the countering, which set up kills for Cord, Abel, and Cain. Ogma guarded the northeast corner until only the thieves were left, when I put Cain in. Speaking of Cain, he's off to a good start, and managed to kill both thieves. He used mainly Lances, and should have D in the next Chapter. I think I may be using Jagen a bit to much to bait enemies with, as the Silver Lance is now down to 6 uses. He's only looking better now that he proc'd Spd, which will extend his usefulness. Fortunately, Barst can take over that job now. He baited the enemies at the left side of the map since he was able to survive a Hunter + a Pirate strike.

Ogma did quite well against the boss, getting a crit on his second encounter. I didn't abuse that either, it just happened. Gordin sacrificed himself against the boss to bring him to Ogma's kill range after the crit. Actually, Gordin was supposed to die to a pirate earlier, but he managed to dodge a hit. Ogma got the boss kill. I bought an extra Hammer and a bunch of Hand Axes at the Armory. Darros suicided into a Pirate and Castor became exp for Barst.

Marth     3.00  20   6   0   4   7   9   7   0   Sword-D
Cain      3.50  22   8   0   6   7   4   8   0   Sword-D, Lance-E
Abel      2.91  21   6   0   8   7   2   7   0   Sword-E, Lance-D
Caeda     3.12  18   5   1   8  14  11   7   6   Lance-D
Draug     2.31  20   7   0   3   4   2  11   0   Lance-D
Barst     4.10  25  10   0   7  10   5   6   0   Axe-  D
Cord      3.00  21   7   0   5   9   6   5   0   Axe-  E
Ogma      5.22  23   7   0  11  12   4   6   0   Sword-C
Jagen     2.12  23   7   1  11   9   1   9   6   Sword-D, Lance-B
Wrys      3.04  16   0   3   5   7   3   3   7   Staff-E

Sacrifices:          Darros, Gordin
Chapter Turn Count:  14
Total Turn Count:    38

Chapter 3

I split off into 2 groups, with Jagen, Marth, and the fighter trio going west and everyone else going north. Draug tanked Navarre and a Thief, Marth visited the village, Caeda recruited Navarre. I parked Ogma on a mountain and rotated Cain, Abel, and Caeda through the other blocking spot with Wrys healing. Jagen countered one fighter in the west before the rush got there and hid behind the wall of axers until he was healed. I lost some time here because Barst missed with his Hand Axe 3 times, heavily cutting my Player Phase offense. Jagen tanked the hunters in the west and countered with a Javelin to give others kills. He accidentally got another kill from a crit.

Ogma refused to get a crit on the boss. I was actually there on Turn 16, but he just kept failing on the counter. Eventually, I got sick of it and had him attack, by which time the boss was low enough for Barst to kill him with the Devil Axe. (Ogma outdamaged the regen by 1 point thanks to Str blessage)

Cain is still short of D Lances by one swing, which I was kind of annoyed with, but I guess it can't be helped. My experience is spread pretty thin, although I'm reserving the right to blame Jagen taking 4-5 kills already. Needless to say, I'll be dropping someone soon.

Marth     3.80  20   6   0   4   7   9   7   0   Sword-D
Cain      3.80  22   8   0   6   7   4   8   0   Sword-D, Lance-E
Abel      4.11  23   7   0   9   8   3   7   0   Sword-E, Lance-D
Caeda     4.02  19   5   1   8  15  11   7   6   Lance-C
Draug     3.01  21   7   0   3   5   2  11   0   Lance-C
Barst     5.60  25  11   0   7  10   5   6   0   Axe-  D
Cord      3.50  21   7   0   5   9   6   5   0   Axe-  E
Ogma      6.70  24   8   0  12  13   5   6   0   Sword-C
Jagen     2.45  23   7   1  11   9   1   9   6   Sword-D, Lance-B
Wrys      4.23  16   0   4   6   7   3   3   7   Staff-D
Lena      3.00  16   0   2   7   8   8   3   7   Staff-C

Chapter Turn Count:  22
Total Turn Count:    60

Chapter 4

Before the chapter started, I forged Caeda a +5 Wing Spear. Normally, I reclass her to mage here, but this time I have to see how amazing this forge makes her. I also reclassed Draug to Hunter and Jagen to Dracoknight.

I crammed everyone up the left bridge, rotating units in and out to shield Wrys and Lena. Caeda slaughtered the first cav on the scene with a counter. Cain also hit D Lances while I was cleaning them up. Bord and Navarre were bait to slow down the early rush. Ogma baited the Horsemen due to not getting doubled, and I gave one to Caeda and one to Merric. Merric also got the boss, but that was due to an unintended crit. Granted, when using Excalibur, you have to kind of expect the crit, so no complaints here.

Marth     4.67  20   7   0   5   7  10   7   0   Sword-D
Cain      4.98  23   8   0   6   8   5   8   0   Sword-D, Lance-D
Abel      5.08  24   7   0   9   9   3   7   0   Sword-E, Lance-C
Caeda     5.35  19   5   1   9  16  11   7   6   Lance-C
Draug     4.11  21   7   0   6  12   2   3   0   Bow-  E
Barst     6.49  26  11   0   7  10   6   6   0   Axe-  C
Cord      4.77  22   7   0   5  10   6   6   0   Axe-  E
Merric    2.70  21   0   3   3   6   3   4   3   Tome- D
Jagen     2.76  21   8   1  11   9   1  11   3   Lance-B, Axe-  E
Wrys      5.76  17   0   5   6   8   3   3   7   Staff-D
Lena      4.80  17   0   2   8   8   8   3   7   Staff-C

Sacrifices:          Bord, Navarre
Chapter Turn Count:  18
Total Turn Count:    78

Normally, I reclass her to mage here, but this time I have to see how amazing this forge makes her.

Get ready to humiliate every Cavalier, Armor Knight, and Horseman all the way from here to the credits. She can also OHKO Paladins and Generals if someone softens them up a touch first, like with a ballista. Suggest getting a plain Wing Spear in Ch. 8 in order to save uses on your epic one.

Get ready to humiliate every Cavalier, Armor Knight, and Horseman all the way from here to the credits. She can also OHKO Paladins and Generals if someone softens them up a touch first, like with a ballista. Suggest getting a plain Wing Spear in Ch. 8 in order to save uses on your epic one.

I'll make sure to do that. The forge has already seen a fair amount of use, and it's a long way to the Starshpere.

Chapter 5

I must say, based on this one chapter, everyone was right about Caeda. She definitely got MVP honors for this chapter, killing 2 cavs, a knight, and the boss with no problem. I forged Cord an Iron equal in mt to Silver, and he rewarded me with a no stat level. I reclassed Merric to Curate, and with the addition of Wendell, I should be able to kill off Wrys now.

I saved Sedgar and Hardin, and blitzed everyone else upward to slow the enemies down. Abel was supposed to counter a cav with the Ridersbane to get it in critical damage, but he missed. That wasn't a problem with Barst and Caeda around, but I had to slow my movement a little. Cain, Barst, and Jagen (with care, due to the archers) all got a turn at bridge blocking while Marth recruited Wendell and Abel killed his archer friend. Cain and Abel Javelined the thieves and set up kills for Draug and Cord.

The left side was a bit of a predicament. Since Marth has still refused to gain spd, he would actually get doubled by the 11 AS pegs. This forced me to commit extra blockers to him as he made his way to the throne. Barst got one knight with a Hammer and Caeda slaughtered the other, so the peg was the only moving enemy left. Barst hit the boss once since Caeda would get OHKOd and would require both hits on the double. (Also, I didn't want to waste an extra use on the forge.)

I'm probably going to drop Cord or Abel shortly, possibly both if they don't shape up. They're seeming a little lackluster in comparison to the others. Except Marth, who I may semi drop if he continues getting spd screwed.

Marth     4.94  20   7   0   5   7  10   7   0   Sword-D
Cain      5.78  24   9   0   7   8   5   9   0   Sword-D, Lance-D
Abel      5.92  24   7   0   9   9   3   7   0   Sword-E, Lance-C
Caeda     6.63  20   5   1  10  17  12   7   6   Lance-C
Draug     5.38  22   7   0   6  13   2   3   0   Bow-  E
Barst     7.33  27  11   0   8  10   6   6   0   Axe-  C
Cord      5.76  22   7   0   5  10   6   6   0   Axe-  D
Sedgar    1.06  20   6   1   6   7   2   6   2   Sword-E, Bow-  D
Merric    3.89  21   0   1   4   8   3   5   7   Staff-E
Jagen     2.87  21   8   1  11   9   1  11   3   Lance-B, Axe-  E
Lena      5.31  17   0   2   8   9   8   3   8   Staff-C

Sacrifices:          Roshea, Vyland, Wolf
Chapter Turn Count:  8
Total Turn Count:    86

Chapter 6

Before the chapter, I forged some +mt on an Iron Bow for Draug. In retrospect, a forged Hammer would have been more useful, but I can do that later. I also reclassed Sedgar to a Hero, and when Cord got another crappy level, Sedgar took his axe forge.

I opened the cell with Julian and killed Rickard immediately. I warped Caeda up to take care of that nasty cav, and she ended up killing a Thief too. Wendell was a good weakener, particularly on the armors. Wrys was bait for the 3 archer rush, and everyone enjoyed the exp from the Thieves. The enemy Thieves got me all the treasure except the first one, which Julian got.

It was smooth sailing until the throne room. After Cord got another crappy levelup, I sacrificed him to draw out the Archer + Armor combo. Barst got the armor and tanked the next archer. He was also supposed to get the boss, but after he missed with the hammer (I really should have put some hit on that) Caeda ended up taking the kill. Caeda got one really awesome levelup in here, with a simultaneous Str and Def gain.

Marth finally got Spd, so I'll at least give him some effort. Abel finally got Str and had a generally solid level, so he's still around. Cord failed Str too many times to be worth my continued investment. Sedgar wasn't particularly useful here, but he got a fair amount of Axe Exp. Not enough for D, but he's almost halfway.

Marth     5.87  21   8   0   5   8  11   8   0   Sword-D
Cain      6.95  24   9   0   7   8   5   9   0   Sword-D, Lance-D
Abel      6.83  24   8   0   9  10   4   7   0   Sword-E, Lance-C
Caeda     9.27  22   6   1  11  19  13   8   6   Lance-C
Draug     6.60  22   7   0   6  14   2   4   0   Bow-  D
Barst     7.33  27  11   0   8  10   6   6   0   Axe-  C
Sedgar    1.64  22   6   1  10  11   2   7   2   Sword-D, Axe-  E
Merric    5.59  23   0   2   5   8   4   6   7   Staff-D
Ogma      7.06  24   9   0  13  13   5   6   0   Sword-C

Sacrifices:          Wrys, Cord
Chapter Turn Count:  13
Total Turn Count:    99

Edited by Gergeshwan

Chapter 6x

This was my Sedgar training chapter, and anyone else that got experience was a bonus. Ogma fought pirates from a fort since they had ~25 display hit on him. Barst and Cain blocked the other square. I wanted Athena, at least for an extra peg in the next chapter, so I sent Marth north with everyone except Cain, Abel, and Jagen. I baited the Mage with Marth so he could reach the village on the next turn, only to lose my turn again when I realized I had no one that could take the Merc + Archer combo. Next time, I think I'll send at least one cav north, as they could have taken it, and ended up baiting that merc from the south anyway. Either that or I have to break them off sooner.

Through weakening by Barst, Caeda, and Wendell, I was able to give the boss to Sedgar. I decided to lay off Caeda for a bit, since she'll have no trouble leveling off of bosses.

On a semi unrelated note, the right side hinge on my DS broke. Again. That's what happened to my last one, and it got so annoying I had to buy a new one. But I'm not falling for it again.

Marth     6.30  22   9   0   6   8  12   8   0   Sword-C
Cain      7.83  25  10   0   7   9   5   9   0   Sword-D, Lance-D
Abel      7.67  24   8   0  10  11   5   8   0   Sword-E, Lance-C
Caeda     9.96  22   6   1  11  19  13   8   6   Lance-C
Draug     7.55  22   7   0   6  14   3   4   0   Bow-  D
Barst     8.95  27  12   0   8  11   6   6   0   Axe-  C
Sedgar    2.43  23   7   1  11  12   2   8   2   Sword-D, Axe-  E
Merric    7.21  23   0   2   5  10   5   6   9   Staff-D
Ogma      7.67  24   9   0  13  13   5   6   0   Sword-C

Chapter Turn Count:  13
Total Turn Count:    112

Edited by Gergeshwan

i hate it when the hinges break. mine broke like a year ago and i've been using my neighbors ever since.

you might want to consider giving Caeda the seraph robe. i remember a few bosses being able to kill her on the counter-attack, if they still live that is.

Chapter 7

I reclassed Merric to Mage to take advantage of the flyers with Excalibur. He ended up killing both Minerva and the other Draco, which netted him a lot of exp. I reclassed Jagen to Paladin so I could get Athena into Peg for fort blocking. I also realized I hadn't been recording Wendell and that I forgot to update Lena after 6x. I'm trying to keep track of my utility unit use to see how much I actually use them. Jagen sure got a lot of use in, but he fell here to a crit. He was losing steam, and I was probably killing him in the next chapter anyway. I ended up giving Marth the Robe to make sure he still gets 2HKOd when they start using Silver. I checked Caeda, and she had just enough durability to survive the boss.

I wasn't interested in recruiting Bantu, so I immediately proceeded left. I put Merric in range of the first Draco since he would OHKO on the enemy phase counter. I was planning to give Draug Minerva, but I accidentally blocked his spot, so Merric got an extra kill there. But Draug did get to kill Est, so he should be happy.

Caeda flew down and blocked the west fort while Jagen took the middle one. Abel rushed in with the Ridersbane to kill one and went east to counter the next one. On the next turn, Jagen got blicked, everyone consolidated, and Athena took Caeda's fort. She blocked the south one on the next turn as I made my way to the boss. Barst hit with the Hammer and Merric got the kill.

Barst hit B Axes and Abel is a swing short of B Lances. This will help with the loss of Jagen, as I'll have Silver Lances back almost immediately. Abel's also starting to look quite good.

Marth     6.40  22   9   0   6   8  12   8   0   Sword-C
Cain      8.71  26  10   0   8   9   6   9   0   Sword-D, Lance-C
Abel      8.28  25   9   0  11  12   5   8   0   Sword-E, Lance-C
Caeda     9.96  22   6   1  11  19  13   8   6   Lance-C
Draug     7.95  22   7   0   6  14   3   4   0   Bow-  D
Barst     9.65  28  12   0   8  11   6   6   0   Axe-  B
Sedgar    2.79  23   7   1  11  12   2   8   2   Sword-D, Axe-  E
Merric    9.76  24   0   5   7  10   6   5   7   Tome- D
Wendell   2.09  22   3   5   2  12   1   5   6   Tome- B, Staff-D
Ogma      7.76  24   9   0  13  13   5   6   0   Sword-C
Lena      7.97  17   0   3   9   9   9   3   8   Staff-C

Sacrifices:          Jagen, Hardin
Total Turn Count:    120

Edited by Gergeshwan

Chapter 8

I decided to take some advice and make this Sedgar's training chapter. Therefore, I reclassed him to General at the beginning to tank the Cavs and Horsemen better. I also turned Merric back into a curate.

Right away, Lena warped Sedgar onto the far northwest fort. It blocked a cav reinforcement, but Sedgar wouldn't have enough time to kill everything there anyway. Being on the fort was crucial because he only had 16 def as a General, while the weakest Horseman had 17 atk. This allowed him to be impervious enough to gain the first level, completely nullifying the rest of the Horsemen and forcing the cavs to do 1x2 damage. Then the fort regen was useful as well. Sedgar completely occupied every cavalry unit, and had killed all the Horsemen and a couple cavs by the end, completely consuming a Javelin.

Everyone else ran directly towards the other enemy group. I wanted to give Marth the boss kill (he's really lagging behind) and calculated that Barst with his forged Hammer combined with Wendell would leave the boss with 1 HP, while Marth would deal 6 damage. I separated these 3 and rushed the throne. I could have saved a turn by not giving Marth the kill, but I also wanted to give Sedgar an extra turn to finish off the Horsemen. I'm annoyed that Marth failed Spd again, as he's officially screwed 2 points now in a critical stat. Although his Str is 2 points blessed.

The other group had some problems. The predicament was how to kill those knights after I had separated Barst. He was able to help with the first one and Roger, but not with the second reinforcement group. I couldn't attack with Caeda for two reasons. I didn't have her regular Wing Spear up yet (Julian had to fill his inventory from another shop before he could send it to the convoy) and I didn't want to waste uses on the forge. There was also the problem of not being able to kill both Archers, and I obviously didn't want her to get killed. I ended up Warping Radd up and putting Athena in range to occupy some of them, while Abel and Cain did some countering. Caesar was also sacrificed when he got there. One thing that was important here was that Abel's Silver Lance and Draug's bow forge (his amazing speed was quite useful) were enough to kill an Archer, a trick I used a few times. Unfortunately, Draug got countered in the process, and I had to use a limited Mend to send him back to the action. Eventually, I had to rush Ogma with Armorslayer to kill the final one on turn 6 to prevent it from killing a damaged Abel, and the reinforcements got him. I was hoping to have his Silver Sword for the next chapter, but I'll manage.

Julian got a Silver Lance, a few Door Keys, some Javelins, and an extra Wing Spear from the shops.

Marth     7.30  29  10   0   7   8  12   9   0   Sword-C
Cain      9.19  27  10   0   9  10   7   9   0   Sword-D, Lance-C
Abel      9.21  26   9   0  11  13   5   8   0   Sword-E, Lance-B
Caeda    10.43  22   6   1  12  20  13   8   6   Lance-B
Draug     8.74  23   8   0   6  14   3   4   0   Bow-  D
Barst     9.98  28  12   0   8  11   6   6   0   Axe-  B
Sedgar    6.68  36  12   1   8   7   4  20   2   Lance-C, Bow-  E
Merric   10.56  25   0   4   8  12   7   6  10   Staff-D
Wendell   2.17  22   3   5   2  12   1   5   6   Tome- B, Staff-D
Lena      8.95  17   0   3   9   9  10   3   8   Staff-C

Sacrifices:          Athena, Caesar, Radd, Ogma
Chapter Turn Count:  7
Total Turn Count:    127

Edited by Gergeshwan

you skipped bantu?

so then your going to kill tiki? she's pretty vital for an easy 1 turn on endgame.

Tiki at base can suicide on Medeus for at least half his hp. then Elice can easily aum her back and finish him off. Nagi could pull it off too but idk if your planning on going to 24x. if you don't warp skip endgame then Gotoh would be more useful than Nagi. but if you do plan to warp skip then make sure to get Nagi and Aum.

I forgot to mention, I was planning on going to 24x. I didn't want Bantu taking up a unit slot for 10+ chapters in place of a free generic almost every chapter. I just need one more use of Warp to get Aum, and Marth may be blessed enough to finish Medeus with Falchion anyway.

Chapter 9

With his training off to a good start, I reclassed Sedgar back to a hero.

Right when I started the chapter, I warped Marth to Jeorge's village. I want him so he can snipe some Dracos in the next chapter with his Silver. Julian opened the door and everyone rushed through with Sedgar in the lead. Sedgar was really great here, as was Barst. Sedgar was doubling with his forge, and could wipe out most of a Pirate's health on the counter. He was great to have against that nasty Devil Axe one, as he was able to kill it after it was weakened. He was also great at tanking the flood that attacks as you reach the first bridge. Barst doubled some of the Pirates and could counter the Hunters with his hand axe for a lot of damage.

This was pretty much smooth sailing other than the boss. Wendell and Jeorge took chipshots with Excalibur and the Silver Bow to wear him down before everyone rushed him. I sacrificed a couple generics on the Pirate rush right at the end while I was still killing him. I could have ended a turn earlier again, but I gave Marth the kill to keep him from lagging too far behind.

Marth     8.26  29  11   0   7   9  12   9   0   Sword-C
Cain      9.79  27  10   0   9  10   7   9   0   Sword-D, Lance-C
Abel      9.75  26   9   0  11  13   5   8   0   Sword-E, Lance-B
Caeda    10.93  22   6   1  12  20  13   8   6   Lance-B
Draug     9.20  23   9   0   7  14   3   4   0   Bow-  D
Barst    10.66  29  13   0   8  12   7   6   0   Axe-  B
Sedgar    7.20  32  11   1  16  16   4  13   2   Sword-D, Axe-D
Merric   11.66  25   0   5   9  13   7   6  10   Staff-C
Wendell   2.58  22   3   5   2  12   1   5   6   Tome- B, Staff-D
Lena      9.59  17   0   4   9   9  11   3  10   Staff-C

Chapter Turn Count:  9
Total Turn Count:    136

Edited by Gergeshwan

Chapter 10

I tried to do this with Sedgar as a Hero. It didn't work at all. So I reclassed him back to General for this chapter.

The early difficulty involved moving fast enough to stop the Thief from escaping without getting my units killed. I don't care about the Levin Sword, but I do want the extra exp. Between ranged attacks, the Wing Spear, and Ridersbane, I killed 2 from the first cav group and sacrificed a generic to bait one of the remaining 2. Cain and Caeda were able to reach the Thief in time, and Barst took out the Knight. Sedgar, Draug and Jeorge stayed behind to fight off the Dracos and Pegs while everyone piled inside.

I baited the Archers and Sniper with another generic, and Abel, Barst, and Caeda were greatly useful with their Silvers. Everyone hurried to the north part except Barst and Merric, who were too far behind to keep up. Barst got to Hammer a couple Knights down with Sedgar and Draug when the reinforcements started piling in. Sedgar was quite tanky, and Draug got a couple potshots at Cavs. I had Merric use Physic a couple times to get more exp and to keep Draug in attacking range.

Abel's speed is extremely blessed, so he opened the door to fight the Hero. He, Cain, and Caeda took the Hero down while Marth recruited Maria, who later became food for a couple of Horsemen sneaking over the cliff. Cain and Abel were there to kill them. Caeda and Marth ran towards the boss while Minerva bought some Javelins at the armory. Caeda waited until Marth was in range, then killed the boss for him to Seize. She's down to 7 uses on the forge, which still has to last a while.

Marth     8.80  29  11   0   7   9  12   9   0   Sword-C
Cain     12.16  28  11   0  12  12   7  10   0   Sword-D, Lance-C
Abel     11.69  28   9   0  12  15   6   9   0   Sword-E, Lance-B
Caeda    12.34  23   6   1  12  20  15   9   6   Lance-B
Draug    11.52  23   9   0   9  15   4   4   0   Bow-  C
Barst    12.17  31  13   0  10  13   8   6   0   Axe-  B
Sedgar    8.69  40  14   1  10   9   5  22   2   Lance-B, Bow-  E
Merric   14.00  27   0   5  11  15  10   6  11   Staff-C
Wendell   2.74  22   3   5   2  12   1   5   6   Tome- B, Staff-D
Lena     10.34  17   0   4  10  10  11   3  11   Staff-B

Sacrifices:          Maria
Chapter Turn Count:  15
Total Turn Count:    151

Chapter 11

Before the chapter, I decided to promote Caeda. It's not like she has a lot of growing left to do, and she gets great promotion bonuses (+5 def!) But then I reclassed her to Paladin to avoid the problem of approaching Jake. I gave the Speedwing to Marth because he was getting doubled by the Pegs, and I can't exactly let him die.

Marth ran straight for the throne as usual. Cain and Abel went with him to fight the Mercs, while I made a barrier around the frailer units to protect them against the Pegs. Draug was a bit short of a OHKO (Next time through, I'm putting a little more mt on his forge) but a suiciding generic helped against one, while Jeorge Silvered the other one. Merric burned a couple of Physic uses for healing, because my combat units got far out in front.

Minerva, Abel, and Wendell (I wanted him for the boss but he was too far behind) stayed behind as a cleanup force for the Mercs, while everyone else pressed on. I didn't bother recruiting Linde since I have no one to use Aura, but I do want to get Jake. I moved Caeda on the fort in range of the Sniper and Horseman because she was the least likely to fall to an unlucky crit. She ended up dishing out one of her own on the Sniper, which allowed her to kill him on the next Player Phase. Sedgar countered the boss, and Barst killed him after a Javelin from Cain and a Silver Bow shot from Jeorge. Sedgar and Caeda killed approaching cavs, and the surviving one couldn't kill anyone. Caeda recruited Jake and weakened the last cav, which Marth killed.

Marth     9.18  30  11   0   7  12  12   9   0   Sword-C
Cain     12.93  28  11   0  12  12   7  10   0   Sword-D, Lance-C
Abel     12.80  29  10   0  13  16   6   9   0   Sword-E, Lance-B
Caeda     2.23  30   9   1  14  21  16  12   6   Sword-E, Lance-A
Draug    12.12  24   9   0  10  16   4   4   0   Bow-  C
Barst    13.13  31  14   0  11  13   8   6   0   Axe-  B
Sedgar    8.91  34  12   1  17  17   5  14   2   Sword-D, Axe-  D
Merric   15.47  28   0   5  11  16  11   7  11   Staff-C
Wendell   3.34  23   3   6   2  13   2   5   6   Tome- B, Staff-D

Sacrifices:          None
Chapter Turn Count:  12
Total Turn Count:    163

Chapter 12

I reclassed Caeda back to Draco and Minerva to Sniper. Barst was nearly at A Axes anyway, so her Hauteclere monopoly was almost gone. I gave the Spirit Dust to Merric (who else) and Caeda got the Energy Drop.

To start, Abel, Draug, and Caeda took the thieves while everyone else went west. Marth and Barst countered the Knights on Enemy Phase, although Marth needed help killing his. Sedgar baited the Archers in the cell after they finished killing everyone inside, and Cain countered a Mage as it approached. Marth and Julian went into the treasure room and looted stuff where it was safe.

With reinforcements coming from multiple angles, things got dicey in here. Sedgar, Cain, and Abel took the Cav and Horsemen groups from the east. This usually involved Sedgar with a Hand Axe countering, followed by Cain and Abel with Ridersbane. Abel could double the cavs, so he was okay on his own. However, Sedgar's weakening was essential for Cain. Wendell also hung around with this group for healing and emergency attack. Speaking of Wendell, he got both the magic 14 AS for doubling cavs and C staves for Warp, so he could be sticking around for a while. This group backed up over the turns and eventually snuck in the treasure room, where Wendell and Sedgar killed the General so Julian could finish opening chests.

That Paladin guy and his cav buddies were handled by everyone else. Although the group was only partially split at this time, as Sedgar killed a cav before bailing. Caeda Javelined the Paladin and gave Marth the kill, followed by Merric warping him to the Boots and the Armory. Caeda countered the dragon due to being the first one there, and Draug + Barst finished him off. Everyone advanced towards the boss as Merric healed. Barst drew the sniper out by standing on the edge of his range, and he was swarmed by Caeda and Marth (who had gotten back from his little excursion). This was when I killed the General, with Abel standing guard over the treasure room. Barst got the boss, Julian finished opening treasure, and Marth seized.

Barst was really useful here. His sheer power with the Silver Axe was crucial when dealing with the boss, the dragon, and the sniper. Abel still has amazing AS, and Wendell extended his use with another AS gain of his own. I also have Abel, Caeda, and Barst with A ranks already, and Barst can now use Hauteclere. Jeorge can also use Parthia, but I'm not sure how long I'm keeping him alive.

Marth    10.58  31  12   0   8  12  13   9   0   Sword-C
Cain     14.38  30  12   0  12  13   8  10   0   Sword-D, Lance-C
Abel     14.23  31  11   0  13  17   7  10   0   Sword-E, Lance-A
Caeda     2.89  28  12   1  14  21  16  14   3   Lance-A, Axe-  E
Draug    13.15  25   9   0  10  16   4   4   0   Bow-  C
Barst    15.11  33  15   0  12  13   8   7   0   Axe-  A
Sedgar    9.82  36  12   1  18  18   5  15   2   Sword-D, Axe-  D
Merric   17.84  29   0   8  11  16  11   7  11   Staff-C
Wendell   4.21  24   3   6   3  14   3   5   6   Tome- B, Staff-C

Sacrifices:          Boah, Dolph, Macellan, Midia, Tomas
Chapter Turn Count:  14
Total Turn Count:    177

Chapter 12x

I gave Marth the Boots, promoted Barst to Hero, and forged +5 mt on Jake's Arrowspate. Hopefully that will be enough to OHKO dracos later on. I chose not to promote Merric just yet, because he's close to level 20 anyway. Although, since he didn't quite hit it, I'll probably just promote him next chapter.

Cain, Abel, Wendell, and Sedgar went east. I should have sent Marth that way too, but I didn't feel like restarting and Merric needed the exp from warping Marth to the village. Everyone else went up the main path. I decided I didn't need Horace because he's hardly any more durable than Hero Sedgar, but has move issues and bad AS on top of that. Therefore, Barst OHKOd him with that forged hammer, Caeda killed a knight with the regular Wing Spear (she got 4HKOd thanks to enemies only having Steel, I could afford to let her take a hit) and Jeorge moved into range to bait the enemies. I moved Merric in without fear, because he was more durable than Jeorge.

Abel with Dragonpike countered the dragon, with Marth and Cain nearby to help his hit rate. Marth visited the second village while Barst and Cain got the Sniper. I would have left it, but I didn't know it was just a Blizzard tome (kind of a crappy reward, since it ended up costing me a turn). Caeda slaughtered the boss, Marth seized, the end.

Marth    10.68  31  12   0   8  12  13   9   0   Sword-C
Cain     15.41  31  12   0  13  13   8  10   0   Sword-D, Lance-B
Abel     15.10  31  12   0  13  18   8  11   0   Sword-E, Lance-A
Caeda     3.74  29  12   1  14  22  17  14   3   Lance-A, Axe-  E
Draug    13.58  25   9   0  10  16   4   4   0   Bow-  C
Barst     2.26  36  17   1  21  19   9  11   3   Sword-D, Axe-  A
Sedgar   10.05  38  13   1  19  18   5  15   2   Sword-D, Axe-  D
Merric   19.01  30   0   8  13  16  13   8  13   Staff-B
Wendell   4.69  24   3   6   3  14   3   5   6   Tome- B, Staff-C

Sacrifices:          Jeorge
Total Turn Count:    185

I've said this a lot, but Abel's still blessed. Off his averages, he has HP +1.9, Str +.4, Skl -1, Spd +4!, and def +1.2

Chapter 13

I ended up half skipping this one just because of how annoying it is. I didn't want to, but it would take too long to do it normally. Anyway, I sent Caeda back to Paladin and promoted Merric to Sage. My main force in the middle consisted of Barst, Sedgar, Caeda, Merric, Marth, and a suiciding generic. Wendell came down from the top group for extra healing, leaving Cain and Jake (Cain with killer + Jake's forge were enough to kill a ballista). The south group was basically Abel, as everyone else was to frail to do anything useful.

Abel parked in range of only the Hoistflamme guy, then attacked him on his next 2 turns for the kill. Cain baited the moving one up top, then combined with Jake for the kill, doing so again for the next one. My main group moved forward cautiously but quickly. Marth reached Beck's village on turn 2, and Caeda ORKOd Astram. Barst could ORKO a ballista, but Caeda and Sedgar needed help, which came from Beck or each other. I planned the killing of the second row of ballista so that both Sedgar and Barst could attack adjacent. Since Sedgar's hit rate was only ~75 display, I had Caeda kill a Thief in a way that put her in Javelin range, if necessary. Sedgar and Barst hit all their attacks, with Barst getting the kill, so I had Caeda kill another Thief before Merric warped Marth in for the Seize.

Marth    10.78  31  12   0   8  12  13   9   0   Sword-C
Cain     15.60  31  12   0  13  13   8  10   0   Sword-D, Lance-B
Abel     15.35  31  12   0  13  18   8  11   0   Sword-D, Lance-A
Caeda     4.24  31  11   1  14  23  18  12   6   Sword-E, Lance-A
Barst     3.11  36  18   1  22  19   9  11   3   Sword-D, Axe-  A
Sedgar   10.22  38  13   1  19  18   5  15   2   Sword-D, Axe-  D
Merric    1.45  36   0  11  14  16  13   8  12   Tome- C, Staff-B
Wendell   4.77  24   3   6   3  14   3   5   6   Tome- B, Staff-C

Chapter Turn Count:  4
Total Turn Count:    189

I wouldn't say you missed much in Ch13. In addition to how annoying it is, you also get garbage for EXP from ballisticians for some reason, so it's not even worth the effort. Now if they had the thief bonus or something...

There definitely are worse chapters to skip, and I can at least say I got everything worthwhile out of it (Beck, Thieves, Hoistflamme)

Chapter 14

I actually found a combat use for Marth for once, since he ORKOd the knights at the bottom with Armorslayer. His Spd is still a pain, but at least the Str blessage is cool. In retrospect, I could have improved on this chapter for sure, because I opened the Silver Card chest without a full inventory, and so it didn't go to the convoy. Anyway, Caeda reclassed back to Draco despite the Archers to get her into 3HKO range against the cavs (which she killed via Wing Spear counters.)

To start, Julian opened the bridge, Abel hit the ballista, and Jake used the Thunderbolt for the kill. Barst and Caeda each used their forges to OHKO the knights. Barst went right with Cain and Abel, with Abel carrying a Master Key. Barst was a little behind, and Cain and Abel both got 2HKOd by the rushing cavs. So I placed them both in range, with Abel using Steel and Cain using Ridersbane (he didn't double.) Once I got to the treasure room, Abel opened the door, Cain fought a thief, and Barst attacked the Sniper. To make this work, I had Merric Physic Abel to survive a shot from the Sniper. Cain and Abel each finished a Thief, Barst got the Sniper, and they traded the key to open chests. They were done on Turn 9.

On the left side, Sedgar led the charge. He countered the archers with his Hand Axe while Jake and Beck combined to kill the fortify priest. Caeda helped as well when I was able to properly block her. Julian opened the south door, with Wendell and Marth ready to go through. Since the rest of the group was occupied, I had Marth do the fighting. He got inside the one knight's range, killed it with Armorslayer, got heled by Wendell, and then killed the other one. By the time Catria and Palla appeared, Marth was already in the throne room, so Jake and Draug just killed them. Caeda caught up to help with the boss by Turn 8. However, since I still had another chest to open, I had her weaken instead of kill, and let Marth finish the job. I got Ridersbanes and Silver Lances at the Armory, but I messed up trying to get the Silver card where it needed to be.

I'm thinking I might just keep Jake and Beck so they can take out fortify Priests and other stuff. The way I've always used Xane is to transform him into Jake or Beck, so I may as well use two ballista.

Marth    12.47  33  14   0   8  13  15  10   0   Sword-C
Cain     16.21  32  12   0  14  14   8  11   0   Sword-D, Lance-B
Abel     16.06  31  13   0  13  18   8  11   0   Sword-D, Lance-A
Caeda     5.04  30  12   1  15  23  19  15   3   Lance-A, Axe-  E
Barst     3.93  36  18   1  22  19   9  11   3   Sword-D, Axe-  A
Sedgar   10.54  38  13   1  19  18   5  15   2   Sword-D, Axe-  D
Merric    2.00  36   0  11  14  16  13   8  12   Tome- C, Staff-B
Wendell   5.01  24   3   6   3  14   3   5   6   Tome- B, Staff-C
Lena     10.49  17   0   4  10  10  11   3  11   Staff-B

Chapter Turn Count:  9
Total Turn Count:    198

Chapter 15

I ended up burning 2 more Warp uses I was trying to save (well, I was going to use 1 anyway) which puts me down to 1 warp use until the next staff. I got a female generic, which was reclassed to a peg to delay Gharnef. This was mostly everyone rushing forward, since I always hate the obligatory desert chapter. Merric countered one Draco with Bolganone so Draug could get the kill, my other generic baited the other one. The peg flew behind Gharnef so that he wasn't even a problem until Turn 6. Caeda snuck around and counter killed the other Bishop so that she was outside Swarm's range but in Javelin range, since she could ORKO him with Javelin.

However, the RNG messed up my strategy. Caeda missed with Javelin, which forced me to slow my advance. I also realized too late that I could not loot the chests with Julian, since he would die to the Mages that spawn there. So, I had to waste one of Marth's turns to have him get a Master Key out of the convoy and trade it to Barst. Merric warped Barst down, Caeda killed the Bishop, and to make up the lost turn, I had Merric warp Marth to the sieze square.

Marth    13.07  34  14   0   8  14  16  11   0   Sword-C
Cain     16.43  32  12   0  14  14   8  11   0   Sword-D, Lance-B
Abel     16.69  31  13   0  13  18   8  11   0   Sword-D, Lance-A
Caeda     5.74  30  12   1  15  23  19  15   3   Lance-A, Axe-  E
Draug    14.84  25  10   0  11  16   5   4   0   Bow-  C
Barst     4.31  37  18   1  22  19  10  11   3   Sword-D, Axe-  A
Sedgar   10.79  38  13   1  19  18   5  15   2   Sword-D, Axe-  C
Merric    3.26  37   0  11  14  16  14   8  12   Tome- C, Staff-B
Wendell   5.37  24   3   6   3  14   3   5   6   Tome- B, Staff-C
Lena     10.49  17   0   4  10  10  11   3  11   Staff-B
Jake      4.23  21   6   0   3   4   4  15   0