What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really understood ghost in the shell. IIRC, it's just a bunch of detective mystery stories that are centered around cyborgs. The mystery aspect is alright, but I much prefer something like higurashi.

I never really understood ghost in the shell. IIRC, it's just a bunch of detective mystery stories that are centered around cyborgs. The mystery aspect is alright, but I much prefer something like higurashi.

Never heard of Higurashi...what's it about?

So anyone watched Kuroshitsuji?

Nope, same as above, never heard of it.

Higurashi is about cute kids doing cute things. I got halfway through before I never felt like watching it again. Which is pretty good since that usually happens around episode 3. I guess I'd recommend it

cute?! heh, *waves hellsing, claymore, trinity blood, basilisk, kenshin...need I go on*

That is more my type of anime. I think the cutest one I have might be fruits basket...or Fushigi Yugi (sp).

Edited by Hatari

Killing is cute though

Oh yeah, I'm watching Strike Witches because I felt like lying to Funimation about my age and if I'm gonna be on FBI watch lists I might as well finish it

Edited by Hikarusa

They have a video player and strike witches is an anime about lolis who don't wear pants killing giant alien airplanes or something so you have to be 18 or older to watch it

oh, sounds...odd...i guess...

I'll stick to my animes. Watching X currently.

Finished Gunslinger Girl too, it was...very different from what I expected in all reality. Not sure if it was bad...or really really good.

Different, is all I'm going to say.

Edited by Hatari

Princess Mononoke is a great anime movie, but I think that my favorite is Howl's Moving Castle.

Howl > Mononoke > Spirited Away > Valley of the Wind = castle in the skey

For some reason, I'm not a massive fan of SA, I mean it's good and all, but I feel that Howl's is better done (story, art, characters).

Feel free to disagree...

Speaking of movies, anyone seen Appleseed or Appleseed Ex Machina. I liked them as well, but feel that their story was lacking compared to the others. Love the computer graphics however...that's a totally different level of...something...than the animation you see in the other movies.

What about the movies for Vampire Hunter D. I liked the second one (Bloodlust) better.

Edited by Hatari

what's with this pandora heart's craze that is sweeping this place. (I'm blaming Amelia for it ;))

Rewatching Champloo, just finished Fruits Basket again, working on getting an anime list up and running...since so many people asked for it XD.

still watching X (it's basically on hold for right now).

Edited by Hatari

I can't speak for everyone but I've had Pandora Hearts on backlog forever, and am just getting around to it. I added it to my download queue when I heard somebody in a different community refer to it as Rozen Maiden, only without the doll joints, and since I enjoyed Rozen Maiden, I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a whirl. Then, recently I noted the huge craze here, asked the question, was told, "Haha, no", or something, almost decided not to watch it, but figured since it was on my hard drive anyway, and I'd cleaned up the rest of my backlog (Valkryia Chronicles, etc.) so I started watching it. I'm at episode 20 at the moment, and I do have to say there are parts of it that have a similar tone to Rozen Maiden, but there are also very substantial differences.

Edited by Balcerzak