What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently watching one piece and will be for a while. I just just hit the 1/3 mark meaning i'm one third of the way to being caught up with the one piece anime. May 31 is when I'll be caught up, yay!

yeah lol, that's my other problem with One Piece right now, it's WAY too long. (almost as bad as Bleach/Naruto)

//sigh, I like the simple 24/26 episode series, then they can add a season 2 or 3 depending....

Edited by Hatari

yeah lol, that's my other problem with One Piece right now, it's WAY too long. (almost as bad as Bleach/Naruto)

//sigh, I like the simple 24/26 episode series, then they can add a season 2 or 3 depending....

Agreed. I used to watch Bleach, but I quit around episode 120 or so. After a certain length, I tend to lose interest in the story unless it's really interesting.

tbh, one of the best things about ongoing series like One Piece, Naruto and Bleach is when you're caught up and you have that anticipation for the next manga chapter and anime episode (non-filler) for next week (not yet for One Piece, but I'm getting there). Every week it's always a new surprise. It's mostly the manga that I anticipate because it's the story with no filler and always new stuff about the story, but then watching it animated every week is pretty cool, too

But I guess if you're not a long series person then those animes just aren't for you

see, i tried that with bleach and naruto. then I got too far behind and was too lazy to catch up, not to mention the amount of fillers in both of those series, was enough to drive me batty.

I don't read manga...so I'm stuck with the anime and they just do fillers upon fillers...

otherwise, that's a really good point. I loved watching vampire knight and VK guilty. That's also probably why I can't bring myself to watch/finish cowboy bebop...there isn't that tug to watch the next episode, because they seem so randomly ordered.

That's also probably why I can't bring myself to watch/finish cowboy bebop...there isn't that tug to watch the next episode, because they seem so randomly ordered.

It's not that the episodes are randomly ordered, it's actually that over half the episodes are one-shots that have nothing to do with the overall plot. I'd really recommend that you watch it, though. The plot that is there is excellent, imo.

that might be why if they are one-shots...i need something to grab my attention...to keep me going, what happens what happens.

are the first 5 one-shots? If so, i might need to find the plot...and watch those...

1 or 2 of them are plot-relevant.

Now that I think about it though, for the whole first half of the series, even the episodes that are plot-relevant still seem like one-shots, because the plot isn't really apparent until halfway through. So yeah, the show would probably be too episodic for you. ;)

That was exactly my problem with Bebop. Way too episodic. Give me something with compelling and linked narrative seemlessly blending from episode to episode over that any day.

For most shows I completely agree with you. I can't usually stand episodic shows, so I don't know what it was about Bebop... I think I just liked the characters and setting. :huh:

If I wanted bounty hunters in space, I'd watch outlaw star (which I have, and I really liked it). From what I heard, this is also like Bebop so :lol:

never heard of that one Revan (not sure what to call you, so I picked that, give me an alternative if you want)

i stopped watching both, but i still read the fan fiction. I figure that most authors write about what's going on in the series, so I still get the main plot points from the fanfics, and on the plus side, I get to skip all of the fillers.

If I wanted bounty hunters in space, I'd watch outlaw star (which I have, and I really liked it). From what I heard, this is also like Bebop so :lol:

never heard of that one Revan (not sure what to call you, so I picked that, give me an alternative if you want)

Oh yes. Seconded. Outlaw Star was everything I wanted from bounty hunters in space, and more!

^_^, you're awesome once again Zak.

well, it's been fun talking anime with you all...send a PM my way if you find anything good.

I might check this board about month from now to see if anything good crops up, but I'm taking an break from SF....thanks all

- Hatari