What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Finishing up EVA. I was about to drop this at ~ episode thirteen, but then they stopped wasting time fighting random angles and pumped the Freud up to 11. With all the daddy issues being thrown around I'm surprised none of the women have declared there desire for male genitalia. I’m stiff not digging the biblical stuff, though—it’s so superfluous, there doesn’t even seem to be any meaning to it at all beyond gratuitous symbolism. Nevertheless, it’s starting to get kind of interesting, and I’m glad I stuck with it.

Oh, and, does anyone know what I watch after the original series?

As far as I know, there are a few movies floating around and apparently, there is a massive remake or something in the works. Called 1.0 or something.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finishing up EVA. [...]

Oh, and, does anyone know what I watch after the original series?

Nothing.

Jokes aside, while I preferred the series ending's take on Instrumentality, most people suggest watching the Rebirth half of the "Death and Rebirth" movie, and then the End of Evangelion movie, if I remember things correctly.

Just finished Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Pretty impressed, the art seems sort of half-arsed (characters) and the setting isn't anything impressive. Furthermore there are no bad guys. An anime with no baddies? Blasphemy so there's no battle scenes, or even romantic/comedy based events. It felt really boring and first and looking back I'm not sure what kept me going, but it took me awhile to notice I'd become pretty interested in the characters. Something which I think is essential to a good anime (or any creative work), since even the most intriguing plot is utter crap without at least a few characters that you like, right?

3.8/5 from me. A prime example of a good length anime.

Unlike those crappy fillerspastic animes that get dubbed and show on kids channels

Jokes aside, while I preferred the series ending's take on Instrumentality, most people suggest watching the Rebirth half of the "Death and Rebirth" movie, and then the End of Evangelion movie, if I remember things correctly.

What exactly are the movies, though? Are they squeals, an alternate timeline, s retelling? I don't get it, and I really don't want to Google it for fear of massive spoilage.

Almost done now. Still trying to figure out why Gendo looks like Abe Lincoln.

Edited by Le Communard

What exactly are the movies, though? Are they squeals, an alternate timeline, s retelling? I don't get it, and I really don't want to Google it for fear of massive spoilage.

Almost done now. Still trying to figure out why Gendo looks like Abe Lincoln.

Death & Rebirth: recap of the first 24 episodes of the series + segue to End of Eva

End of Eva: Alternate ending

Just finished Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Pretty impressed, the art seems sort of half-arsed (characters) and the setting isn't anything impressive. Furthermore there are no bad guys. An anime with no baddies? Blasphemy so there's no battle scenes, or even romantic/comedy based events. It felt really boring and first and looking back I'm not sure what kept me going, but it took me awhile to notice I'd become pretty interested in the characters. Something which I think is essential to a good anime (or any creative work), since even the most intriguing plot is utter crap without at least a few characters that you like, right?

3.8/5 from me. A prime example of a good length anime.

Unlike those crappy fillerspastic animes that get dubbed and show on kids channels

Oh? this sounds interesting, though bad art is a complete turn off.

Funny, I liked Wallflower but the art I couldn't stand was...ohh crap I've forgotten...but there was this anime that I wouldn't watch due to art...dang, what was it?!

I picked up Maria†Holic. It's a story about a lesbian and a trap, and being the weirdo I am I just had to pick it up. I've only watched one episode but it has me so far.

Lol, did you trap thread motivate you a bit?

Mariya was actually my first real experience with a trap. Though I played FE7 first, but I didn't think much of Lucius.

It's a good show, a really weird one at that. Same style as Ef tales and Zetsubou Sensei series, all produced by Shaft.

Lol, did you trap thread motivate you a bit?

Mariya was actually my first real experience with a trap. Though I played FE7 first, but I didn't think much of Lucius.

It's a good show, a really weird one at that. Same style as Ef tales and Zetsubou Sensei series, all produced by Shaft.

I was actually planning it out so I could finish it at the same time as Inuyasha.

I've seen the ef series and I can see some resemblance. Haven't seen Zetsubou Sensei.

A guy that looks like a girl.

Similarly a girl that looks like a guy is a reverse trap.

See the TRAPS thread for examples.

so momiji from fruits basket basically?

Yeah, I love Ticampi, It's sooooo cute~~

ISABELLA FROM PARADISE KISS IS A TRAP!!!!

LOL, yeah ticampi is very cute ^_^.

I'm a Kanda fan...though Levi is awesome too. You'll meet him later.

Edited by Speedwagon

Can the mouse from fruits basket count as a trap? I don't remember his name.

Yuki...maybe...he did wear a dress one episode, but I don't think he's a trap. Momiji on the other hand...usually wears the female uniform.

Ritsu! The monkey is def. a trap.

Edited by Hatari

claymore is awesome...I loved the anime, though most people do prefer the manga over the anime...

Because the anime's ending was completely botched. They ended it in a way that makes the arcs that take place after the Northern Campaign in the manga impossible. Up until the ending, though, it was perfectly fine.

I started re-watching Big O a few days ago because a certain someone's current obsession with Gundam inadvertently renewed my love for giant robots.

I started re-watching Big O a few days ago because a certain someone's current obsession with Gundam inadvertently renewed my love for giant robots.

I blame Jan ^_^.

everything for me is on hold right now.