What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Negima!? and Higurashi, although I'm not really watching them since I've taken a long break away form them

TWGOK- First episode, already interesting. ;w;

FMA:B- got up to the most recent dubbed episode and now I have to wait until April for Episode 40. fffadultswim

Code Geass- Haven't actually started R2 after I finished the first, but I'm going to start pretty soon. :newyears:

SUGGEST ME STUFF DAMMIT

Edited by Parfait

Who out there is watching Madoka? Episode 10 just closed a bunch of avenues of discussion but opened up a whole lot more and I want to see what people think. This is insane. Best show of the season, easily, and best I've seen in months.

Waiting for yesy's release. (Only watches gg if no-one else is subbing a show.)

But gg is fabulous! (Seriously, I tend to prefer gg over others because they actually translate, but I don't know what yesy is like)

I keep my original statement. Not that Yesy looks bad, but I hardly think gg's differences are bad in any way. They at least don't change the intended meaning (and in some of the above cases I'd say I prefer their translation), and I need their speed because I anticipate watching this show way too much. (This is now a discussion about fansubbers) The ironic thing is that I was once anti-gg.

Yeah, episode 10 was certainly interesting. I will give them that I wasn't expecting it in the slightest, atleast not then, or in that form. And I echo your sentiments, it is easily the best new show this season of what I've seen.

I see FMA Brotherhood every time my little brother turns on the TV Saturday night.

...it's scary.

Besides that I watch Bakemonogatari. That's it, really.

But gg is fabulous! (Seriously, I tend to prefer gg over others because they actually translate, but I don't know what yesy is like)

GG actually simplifies a lot of things, and mistranslates a few others. It looks good because they usually use proper grammar and nice typesetting.

But they're still better than lolNutbladder and Chihiro.

Also, Madoka isn't airing this week.

Also, Madoka isn't airing this week.

Believe that's the case with quite a few anime actually, due to the Earthquake. I remember reading there would be no One Piece as well. Haven't checked up on all the other runners I keep my eye on.

Believe that's the case with quite a few anime actually, due to the Earthquake. I remember reading there would be no One Piece as well. Haven't checked up on all the other runners I keep my eye on.

So I've read, but I don't exactly care about the rest.

Hopefully it'll be back next week, but I won't be surprised if it isn't.

I finished Revolutionary Girl Utena. Uh...is there anyone who's seen that that knows what the hell happened in the end? I only have a vague idea that probably isn't quite right, or at least not the full picture. I swear, Neon Genesis Evangelion for girls was right on the mark. It was fun and all (for the most part. Admittedly, some parts were a bit tough to get through), but so confusing.

Anyway, now to watch the movie.

I'm guessing you've not gotten very far. If you're anywhere past episode 3, what is wrong with you?

I saw episode 7 last night. So far I'm unimpressed.

Hype backlash, I suppose?

Also, it seems there won't be an episode this week, either. Oh well.

Kind of. All I kept hearing/reading was that Madoka was the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's a good show I admit but not that great.

Hype backlash, I suppose?

Yeah, this is why I'm hesitant to recommend it and talk about it in general to some of my rl friends. I normally just try a "Hey, you should watch this, it's pretty good," so their expectations aren't too high but then they usually don't end up watching it.

For this show especially it probably would have been better to go in blind considering the trolling the directors performed on us.

I made it through 17 episodes of Blood + and then gave up. Can anyone reccomend some anime for me? It's been a while since I've seen a good one. The ones I've seen and enoyed most are Code Geass, Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Naruto (I don't watch the fillers, I don't know why some people do), Fairy Tail, Seitokai Yakuindomo. I don't really have a preference for one genre, I'll watch anything that's good. I tend to give up on a show if it gets uninteresting or seems like it's going nowhere.

All I can think of right now is Shinryaku! Ikamusume but it's a slice of life that isn't dreadfully boring and actually funny. To me at least...

Anyway. If you feel like watching it you might like it.

Can anyone reccomend some anime for me? It's been a while since I've seen a good one. The ones I've seen and enoyed most are (...) Legend of the Legendary Heroes (...)

You should give the Slayers series (especially the first and NEXT) a try, then.