What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

I made it through 17 episodes of Blood + and then gave up. Can anyone reccomend some anime for me? It's been a while since I've seen a good one. The ones I've seen and enoyed most are Code Geass, Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Naruto (I don't watch the fillers, I don't know why some people do), Fairy Tail, Seitokai Yakuindomo. I don't really have a preference for one genre, I'll watch anything that's good. I tend to give up on a show if it gets uninteresting or seems like it's going nowhere.

Give Serial Experiments Lain a shot.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made it through 17 episodes of Blood + and then gave up. Can anyone reccomend some anime for me? It's been a while since I've seen a good one. The ones I've seen and enoyed most are Code Geass, Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Naruto (I don't watch the fillers, I don't know why some people do), Fairy Tail, Seitokai Yakuindomo. I don't really have a preference for one genre, I'll watch anything that's good. I tend to give up on a show if it gets uninteresting or seems like it's going nowhere.

Since you seem to like action-based series, you could try Black Lagoon, Baccano!, Canaan, Claymore, Full Metal Panic!, Ga-Rei Zero, Highschool of the Dead (beware of ecchi), Rurouni Kenshin, Soul Eater, Gurren Lagann, and Tenjou Tenge.

I watched a few episodes of Madoka but I'm just fundamentally disinterested in Mahou Shoujo, so I didn't really get anything out of it. I just didn't care about the issues or find it particularly interesting. I've been watching a few things lately, most notably Serial Experiments Lain, and Armored Trooper VOTOMs.

Is it just me or is this one of the greatest troll posts I've ever seen on SF?

Also, rewatching Lucky Star, this time equipped with stupid amounts of anime knowledge, gonna rip GitS and finally finish Lain soon, as well as completing a few other pretentious deepfag actually good shows.

I'm thinking of dropping Madoka but I'll stick with it for now. It's so boring.

After all the guff you gave me for not watching it? You sure as hell better stick to it!

I've been enjoying it a lot. But it's not for everyone, yeah. One big flaw is that I didn't find a single character to obsess, I mean, fanboy over. >__>

Thanks for the suggestions.

You should give the Slayers series (especially the first and NEXT) a try, then.

Okay, from what I've seen it looks kind of funny.

All I can think of right now is Shinryaku! Ikamusume but it's a slice of life that isn't dreadfully boring and actually funny. To me at least...

Anyway. If you feel like watching it you might like it.

Okay, I might give it a try.

This post sort of turns me off from giving it a try:

Is it just me or is this one of the greatest troll posts I've ever seen on SF?

Also, rewatching Lucky Star, this time equipped with stupid amounts of anime knowledge, gonna rip GitS and finally finish Lain soon, as well as completing a few other pretentious deepfag actually good shows.

So, is it actually good?

Since you seem to like action-based series, you could try Black Lagoon, Baccano!, Canaan, Claymore, Full Metal Panic!, Ga-Rei Zero, Highschool of the Dead (beware of ecchi), Rurouni Kenshin, Soul Eater, Gurren Lagann, and Tenjou Tenge.

I've seen a lot of those and liked them, but maybe I'll give the ones I haven't a try.

This post sort of turns me off from giving it a try:

So, is it actually good?

From what I've watched, and certainly from what I've heard about it, Serial Experiments Lain is not just good; it's phenomenal, it's just that it really didn't seem to jive with the other stuff there, except MAYBE Code Geass. It's very cerebral and odd, so yeah.

But gg is fabulous! (Seriously, I tend to prefer gg over others because they actually translate, but I don't know what yesy is like)

Not always...

post-1238-016817200 1300917046_thumb.jpg

I watched 3 episodes of Soul Eater today.

I am unimpressed.

Genericness is Generic.

Currently watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

It's like the anti-magical girl anime. And it's great!

Genericness is Generic.

Currently watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

It's like the anti-magical girl anime. And it's great!

And its ending is apparently going to be broadcast in ten days.

I tried to watch Madoka from the first episode and I was like ARGH! the whole time. Dropped the hell out of it.

Also I've watched the first episode of Astarotte no Omocha. Cute and funny despite the premise. Yeah.

Edited by Demi-Fiend

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know that I've yet posted my initial thoughts for the spring season.

Steins;Gate: Oh my word, Steins;Gate. The premise and the execution are like a dream come true for me. CERN is an evil organization using time machines to control the world? Or is it just the delusion of the obviously (somewhat) unhinged main character? Based off a VN that I haven't had to play that was done by the same people who did the VN for Chaos;Head (who's anime adaptation was admittedly subpar), I am super excited for this entry.

Sengoku Otome (aka Battle Girls on Crunchy): This is my guilty pleasure for the season. Also, I am probably a terrible person, in that all I know about the Sengoku era I learned from Rance, so getting additional (flawed and genderbent) insight is always welcome.

Lotte's Toy: This is also relevant to my interests. A man-hating succubus voiced by the goddess of tsundere being forced to get along with a human male? While it's definitely going to be a different take on the theme than Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun (which I thoroughly enjoyed in that case mostly despite the succubus who was an insufferable dere-dere moe-blob), I really think some good things can be done with the premise here.

Deadman Wonderland: Wow. Just wow. Episode 1 delivered, and I'm am awaiting more with bated breath. I've always enjoyed prison stories where the protag is wrongly convicted (cf. Shawshank), and there are added twists a la Battle Royale that I think I can probably get behind.

Hanasaku Iroha: Very enjoyable slice of life so far. Strained suspension of disbelief with how the main character acted occasionally, but provided that doesn't happen too frequently, it should be a good show.

Dog Days: Reminds me vaguely of Utawarerumono so far, but that may just be the kemonomimi and the fact that the protagonist gets caught up in wars he wasn't expecting. Although in this case it's more like "wars" with full-on air-quotes. Very cute, though, so even if the tone is gonna be wildly different, I think I'll still enjoy it, though certainly not to the same extent.

We Without Wings (aka Oretachi): Mixed bag so far. It's dabbling too heavily in unnecessary fanservice for the moment, but I had heard some really good things about the source material. Will watch a few more episodes before rendering final judgement.

A Bridge to Starry Skies (aka Hoshizora): May or may not continue watching, seems fairly standard and formulaic so far. Better than a few other shows I'm sampling though.

SKET Dance: Ugh. Seems like silly mindless comedy, and I am not particularly a fan yet. If it doesn't blow me away next episode, I'm probably done.

I know I'm missing a few shows, but I can't remember them atm.

Edited by Balcerzak