Etrian Odyssey

General Spoon

I just made it to the Second Stratum. After returning to town through the geomagnetic field and doing some stuff there, I decided I would get started on the stratum. Except that after a few random encounters, I realized that I'll be fucked over pretty quickly if I were to be blindsided.

I love this game :D

inb4Ein

Ha ha ha, this game is awesome. And yes, the second stratum is a jerk when you first reach it. Be careful of the Sloth monster, it'll thrash you're party if you're unlucky. but ice magic/formulas destroy though. And watch out for Moa.

Oh wait, what's your party like?

inb4Ein

Ha ha ha, this game is awesome. And yes, the second stratum is a jerk when you first reach it. Be careful of the Sloth monster, it'll thrash you're party if you're unlucky. but ice magic/formulas destroy though. And watch out for Moa.

Oh wait, what's your party like?

PLSMA

This is the first game.

EDIT:

oldfags.png

EDIT: Sloths? Thus far, they're one of the easiest enemies I've seen on the floor. Poison kills them pretty well.

EDIT: Oh wait, they do hurt if I don't have Defender and Immunize up yet.

Edited by General Spoon

Yeah... The 2nd stratum will kill you as soon as it can.

Depending on your classes skill set up they'll be able to handle it better or have a little more trouble.

The FOEs there aren't that tough, other than the Assassin with it's poison dealing around 130 damage, with Immunize but then again Immunize makes everything easier.

I find it to be the easiest of the main five. The enemies are pushovers the FOEs aren't that difficult to avoid or defeat. You can also get through relatively quickly. Also the first frog enemy you encounter summons more frogs making it a little easier to train.

BUT some enemies are quite dangerous because they hit hard and fast (no annoying gels or chain sleep inducing flowers though). And the FOEs there do high have defenses.

That guy at Rahda Hall says that I won't be able to kill the Wyvern. Is he lying, or do I really have to sneak past it to get its egg?

Yeah you'll have to sneak past it to get its egg. (The Wyvern is at a really high level.)

Also if you play the second one you'll have to do the same thing. (Steal something that a high level monster is guarding)

Edited by Generic Officer

You also you have to defeat the Wyvern for a quest MUCH later on (when you are in the 6th stratum I think)to unlock the quest to fight the Wyrm.

NOTE: You must defeat the Wyvern in 3 TURNS for said quest!

So what's the best party for EO1?

I currently have

*Front*

-Protector

-Landsknecht

*Back*

-Medic

-Survivalist

-Alchemist

(Thanks to Ein for helping me with party setup)

Was wondering what type of party setup you guys use/if there is a better one.

Edited by DAGRON

My party was like yours in the beginning. Only my Survivalist was in the front row. Right now my party is:

-front-

Protector

Ronin

Survivalist

-back-

Alchemist

Medic

Mapping out the 11th and 12th floors is the last mapping quest you have to do. And you have to find... 3 guards I think. Just make sure you walk on almost everywhere and you're good.

The party considered the BEST is:

Protector - Landsknech - (Combat Medic)

Survivalist- Troubadour - (Medic)

Protector has Smite to deal damage and Defender to lessen the impacts of physical damage. They also have the Anti skills which you absolutely need to defeat 4 particular bosses after beating the main game but other than those 4 you won't use them very often.

Landsknech are great for random encounters with Allslash. Crush is perfect for FOEs and bosses. Hybridsharks are work well but you'll need a sword/axe in your inventory to switch accordingly.

Survivalists have the greatest damage output in the game with Multihit and Apollon. 1st Turn is great for getting your Medic to use Immunize or a Salve right away if you're in a pinch.

Medic can use Immunize to make FOEs and bosses MUCH easier and Caduceus is a VERY powerful but slow attack if you are willing to place your Medic in the front row which I do.

Troubadour has Healing, Relaxing to recover HP and TP respectively as well as Bravery to deal even more damage as well as the elemental songs to deal with type resistances or weakness. Only problem is that it takes a while to set up a Troubador to do their job so it's best to use another class until you can.

This party is great for exploring and most bosses. It has staying power since you can just go into a random encounter. Cast Healing, Relaxing, and Immunize and be back to explore some more. And I say most because the last boss WILL debuff any buffs you use if it notices more than two. YES TWO!

And the boss on the 30th floor is a jerk and will randomize its attack pattern after debuffing your party if it notices more than eight buffs if you have a party of five (I think it's eight for a party of five) and any of its attacks WILL kill you unless you are properly equipped and have Boosted Immunize on.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

The 2nd stratum is one of the most time consuming stratum in the game...

You unlock the Ronin stratum on the 3rd stratum and the Hexer class on the 4th stratum.

Ronin are still glass cannons the problem is that they need to use a turn to go into a stance to use any skills related to the stance and it is considered a buff so if five turns pass or an enemy debuffs you the Ronin will have to assume a stance again. This wouldn't be a problem but it is against the tougher bosses who have super high HP and attack.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose