Battle animation

I saw somewhere that if you hold Z (GC controller) before a battle start, the battle animation will be forced to be ON regardless of the settings. Is that true? And is there anyway to force it to MAP or OFF?

There is an option (in the option menu) where animations are only done when you hold some button.

Go to the options menu. It's either the first or second option. Just switch the animations to Map (or Off on 2+ PT). If you want to see the animation again, hit the A button on the Wiimote right before the battle starts (when there are boxes around both units in the battle (but still on the map) and it will override the off setting for that one battle.

Actually, I'm asking because I've seen this vid in the lowturning topic.

At one point in a Nolan fight, the animation was suddenly turned on in one particular battle. And then I remembered seeing somewhere about the Z button thing.

What happened was that I had animations off, and when I finished my turn, I dropped the Gamecube controller and picked up the Wiimote because I thought it would be easier to record using the Wiimote rather than the GC controller. However, I got confused and instead of using 2 as the accept button, I pressed A just before Nolan fought that one Halberdier.

I don't know if the Z button works for the Gamecube controller, but I can check it later today.

What happened was that I had animations off, and when I finished my turn, I dropped the Gamecube controller and picked up the Wiimote because I thought it would be easier to record using the Wiimote rather than the GC controller. However, I got confused and instead of using 2 as the accept button, I pressed A just before Nolan fought that one Halberdier.

I don't know if the Z button works for the Gamecube controller, but I can check it later today.

Z on the GC controller does indeed work (just tried)