Earthbound/Mother serie

Tamanoir

I don't have seen a topic for these games.

If you want to talk about this wonderful serie.

I've played Earthbound and Mother 3.

Earthbound and Mother 3 have the best Final Boss and the most interresting ending.

So, do you know one of these game ? Have you already heard about it ? How ? Do you think he is good ?

I think it is in the right place

I don't have seen a topic for these games.

If you want to talk about this wonderful serie.

I've played Earthbound and Mother 3.

Earthbound and Mother 3 have the best Final Boss and the most interresting ending.

So, do you know one of these game ? Have you already heard about it ? How ? Do you think he is good ?

I think it is in the right place

I've seen an entire LP of M2 and enough of an LP of M3. I've an idea of the basic idea of the game. And listening to

at the moment.

I've seen a complete LP of all three Mother games, but I haven't played either of them.

In fact, none of them have been released over here, which means all I know about the Mother series is from those LP's and Smash Bros.

I've seen a complete LP of all three Mother games, but I haven't played either of them.

In fact, none of them have been released over here, which means all I know about the Mother series is from those LP's and Smash Bros.

No, Mother 2 was released as Earthbound...

Oh shoot, you're in Europe, right?

I've seen an entire LP of M2 and enough of an LP of M3. I've an idea of the basic idea of the game. And listening to

at the moment.

Yes, Epic Theme for anEpic fight

Sorry, what is a LP ?

Great Mother Links: - All the Mother series

- About Mother 3

Mother 3 is great because he plays with our gamer's nostalgy. And he is strange, funny and heartrending

In my favourite Mother 3 music :

, and

There is a wonderfull Mother 3 translation available. But yes, I discovered it with emulation

Edited by Shy Tenda

Played them all. Loved them all. RP's avatar always looks like Giygas for a split second when I'm scrolling down.

And the word is "series". Goddamnit.

I suppose it kind of does. It's actually the background for the attack 'Mystic Circle' that I found a copy of while lurking on a GFAQ's forum. Knowing that I'd eventually use it, I saved it to my CPU.

Oh, and LP is short for Let's Play. In other words, someone posts a series of videos on Youtube playing a certain game.

Ahhh, Earthbound. Certainly one of the most contraversial games Nintendo has made, in the sense that they release one game, it bombs, and they refuse to send over anything new about the series over despite how insane the fanbase has grown.

Of course I grew interested. Played Mother 1 2 and 3. After all, if such a series was so ravenously been fought over, it has to be something pretty big, right? So I played them all...

Nice music...That's about it. Earthbound was ok, in a rental sort of way. End boss was fucked up, which was pretty unique, but again I wasn't floored by this game otherwise. Story for Mother 3 was pretty unique, but again I wasn't exactly floored.

Otherwise I don't think I've been so bored by a game. It's just a parody version of Dragon Quest, so it's boring in a funny way. Mother 3 had that time hits with the beat of the background music, but not only was it inaccurate at reading your hits, it was infuriating to just sit there waiting for the perfect moment (Imagine you're thinking NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW at a specific rythmn, only to think each time the rythmn is off so you would be wrong at going NOW at a certain NOW and you wait for the perfect NOW but the perfect NOW never comes then finally the NOW comes only to be wrong because the damn thing can't read the rythmn properly! This sort of madness should not build just over a bloody physical attack). M1 basically required you to grind up the new guys you get aside from Teddy, where grinding is the task of wasting time in a game, something designed specifically to waste time. Earthbound was ok because it didn't do either of this shit.

Mother 1 bored me to death, Mother 2 raped my brainhole at the end, and Mother 3 drove me to madness. It's fine to like it, but it's also not hard to see how some could end up embittered towards the series.

But there's no denying that the music was pretty god for it's time, especially M3. The reverse statement of the comment above about the timed hits is that they had to devise a lot of music for the game, and most of it was pretty good. Especially the themes for Porky, Porky Bots, NK Cyborg, and New/Miracle Fassad.

But there's no denying that the music was pretty god for it's time, especially M3. The reverse statement of the comment above about the timed hits is that they had to devise a lot of music for the game, and most of it was pretty good. Especially the themes for Porky, Porky Bots, NK Cyborg, and New/Miracle Fassad.

Good music does not make a good game, especially when it revolves around using it as a means to fight better using a mechanically inaccurate timing trick.

It helps, but it doesn't save any of these titles.

Good music does not make a good game, especially when it revolves around using it as a means to fight better using a mechanically inaccurate timing trick.

I'm going to accept your premise, seeing as though I've never actually played any of the MOTHER games, but I'd still like to sometime. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait until after college so I can play them without risking getting caught with ROMs on my computer.

No, Mother 2 was released as Earthbound...

Oh shoot, you're in Europe, right?

Unfortunately, yes. And since it looks like it'll never be released on the Wii's Virtual Console, I'll probably never play it.

Which is a real shame. :sob:

Unfortunately, yes. And since it looks like it'll never be released on the Wii's Virtual Console, I'll probably never play it.

Which is a real shame. :sob:

Blame the monster Dali's Clock. Stupid copyright laws... (Apparently, they can't rerelease it because of changes to copyright laws in the last 13 years which make some references to pop culture (such as that) now illegal.) Though part of it is just the money... :(

Until not releasing EB/MOTHER hurts Nintendo's bottom line, don't hold your breath. :( x100.