Luck Test

Kinata

Step right up everyone and test your luck. Some people claim to be unlucky because of constantly being screwed by the RNG. So I designed a test to see who really is unlucky and who's not. I randomly picked 25 Heads/Tails, and then flipped a yo-yo 25 times. I was correct 11 times, so I have a score 44%. To participate, just guess the order of the 25 yo-yo flips and post. When enough people guess, I will post the answers and everyone's scores. Until then, have fun.

1.Heads,

2.Tails,

3.Tails,

4.Heads,

5.Heads,

6.Tails,

7.Heads,

8.Heads,

9.Heads,

10.Tails,

11.Heads,

12.Tails,

13.Head,

14.Head,

15.Tail,

16.Tail,

17.Head,

18.Head,

19.Tail,

20.Tail,

21.Tail,

22.Tail,

23.Head,

24.Head,

25.Head

Edited by Generic Officer

I had no money on hand (I'm broke sad.gif), but I do collect yo-yos. I just graded BK, and sadly, he did not get them all correct.

He wouldn't conduct this test if the yo-yo couldn't work in this experiment.

Good luck, you got a 1/33554432 chance of success. This experiment isn't totally random as there are many things that could cause the result to be in favor of one side. Using an RN and we guess whether it is >50, or <50, and all RNs of 50 are ignored. More accurate test.

Since no one knows how this test is biased, it's perfectly accurate. If the RN worked like FE's, for perfect accuracy, it would be between less than 50 and greater or equal than 50. 50 does not have to be ignored since there is an even number of RN's. And Generic Officer has been graded.

Since no one knows how this test is biased, it's perfectly accurate. If the RN worked like FE's, for perfect accuracy, it would be between less than 50 and greater or equal than 50. 50 does not have to be ignored since there is an even number of RN's. And Generic Officer has been graded.

It's perfectly accurate because no one knows it's biased?..... So the people are right if nobody know how they are wrong?

Right, I forgot to factor in the 0 RN. So yes, <50 and >/=50.

The results will not be revealed yet because that would suggest the answers. Though I just graded you Vivek. And I meant that since no one knows which is slightly more likely, heads or tails, they can't use that fact to their advantage.

Even if it was so biased that one had a 90% chance of happening, as long as no one knows the bias and everyone makes random guesses, the probability should stay even.

Even if it was so biased that one had a 90% chance of happening, as long as no one knows the bias and everyone makes random guesses, the probability should stay even.

Not really. The chances of guessing correctly out of a single guess changes.

Think about it. I flip a coin, and I tell you that one side has a 90% chance of being picked, but I don't tell you which. You will still have a 50% chance of guessing the right one. I graded RP, and I will only say that so far, Vivek has had the most extreme result.

Think about it. I flip a coin, and I tell you that one side has a 90% chance of being picked, but I don't tell you which. You will still have a 50% chance of guessing the right one. I graded RP, and I will only say that so far, Vivek has had the most extreme result.

Good point. It just is a little biased due to the fact people are going for a mixture. It isn't perfectly accurate in determining your luck.

Wow, were having a mathematical argument... about the accuracy of a luck test. Wow.

Anyway, I'm still not convinced that a mixture will make a difference. I'll actually do some calculations tomorrow to confirm or disprove my belief.

He used a yo-yo.....

I am unfamiliar with this currency. As such, my guesses may be improperly skewed, but we shall see how things happen.

H, T, T, T, H, H, T, T, T, H, T, T, H, H, H, T, T, T, T, T, T, H, H, T, H.