Calculating growth rates of changed classes

Deliriyum

Alright. This relates to the other class changing topic under FE6 forums, but I am going to ask my question here. How do you calculate the growth rate of a character if you change their class via codebreaker codes, if it even changes at all. Based on the other topic's ideas, If I was going to change Wolt to a mercenary, he would have:

hp: 90%

str: 45%

Skl: 50%

Spd: 40%

Def: 23%

Res: 15%

Lck: 35%

Does this look right? I just want to verify that I'm doing this right, and that character's growths are even affected by changing their class via a codebreaker code.

To elaborate on this, If I changed Merlinus to a fighter, he would have:

hp: 175%

Str: 55%

Skl: 85%

Spd: 80%

Def: 35%

Res: 15%

Lck: 115%

Essentially Merlinus would turn into the best character in the game, in pretty much any class. I chose fighter because it gives the highest strength growth, which he doesn't have.

Edited by core34510

Changing classes through codebreaker does not change the growth rates of that character, only the class. To change the growth rates, you must use something like Nightmare or FEditor Adv.

To calculate what the growth rates should be:

1.- Check the Character Growth rates in it's Default class, and substract the Class Growth Rates from the Character Growth Rates. Example: Alan has an 85% HP growth. The Cavalier (M) class has a 75% HP growth. So Alan has a 10% HP growth.

2.- Add the characters own growth rates (What you got from the previos step) and add it to the class you want him/her in. Example: Fighter class has an 85% HP growth, so if we add Alan's 10%, we get a 95% HP growth for Alan as a Fighter.

And yes, you have the correct growth rates for Wolt as a Mercenary.

Oh ok. I really don't want to get myself involved with nightmare as it really is a nightmare. Thanks anyway.

EDIT: And another question: If I change someone's portrait via codebreaker, does that give me their growths? I'm thinking Karel as a starting character.

Edited by core34510

And another question: If I change someone's portrait via codebreaker, does that give me their growths? I'm thinking Karel as a starting character.

I just checked and it seems like it does. It also changes the pallete of the character.

If you just want to edit Growth Rates, you should use this. It is very easy to use and it is able to edit Bases, Growth Rates, Support speeds, etc.

I just checked and it seems like it does. It also changes the pallete of the character.

If you just want to edit Growth Rates, you should use this. It is very easy to use and it is able to edit Bases, Growth Rates, Support speeds, etc.

I dont see why you cant use nightmare

It has the module character editor

Krad, How do you apply the rom to the program you posted? There is a lot of question marks that I assume will go away when I apply a rom. As for Vivek, I've tried using Nightmare once before and it didn't work.

Hey, how do I play it after I've used nightmare on it? It won't let me open the extracted file with VBA

Never mind. Thanks for all of your help.

Edited by core34510