Browsers?

Fayt Zelpher

51 members have voted

1. 1. See Thread title

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad has a laptop with W7. But Vista works fine for me, so I see no reason to change other than to waste my money.

My laptop came with vista, but I upgraded it after I found out Microsoft had a deal that lets college students get it for like $30. Wasn't a bad price for an OS. =P

...Of course now that same offer is at $60 on Microsoft's site. I suppose I got it at the right time.

My laptop came with vista, but I upgraded it after I found out Microsoft had a deal that lets college students get it for like $30. Wasn't a bad price for an OS. =P

...Of course now that same offer is at $60 on Microsoft's site. I suppose I got it at the right time.

Maybe I would have switched for 30 bucks. But given that Vista is working fine for me, I'm not going to throw 60 bucks to upgrade.

Firefox. Add-ons >> other browsers.

Adblock, ChatZilla, Greasemonkey, Stylish, Text-to-Image, etc. Even IE Tab is useful to instantly see what a page looks like in IE or what it looks like when logged out without having to log out or open another browser and c/p the URL

Also, you're doing something wrong if Gmail is crashing your Firefox. I use Gmail every day.

Edited by Reikken

Firefox. Add-ons >> other browsers.

Adblock, ChatZilla, Greasemonkey, Stylish, Text-to-Image, etc. Even IE Tab is useful to instantly see what a page looks like in IE or what it looks like when logged out without having to log out or open another browser and c/p the URL

Also, you're doing something wrong if Gmail is crashing your Firefox. I use Gmail every day.

I never said it crashes FireFox. It crashes IE. (Like just about everything else...). But I'm used to Chrome.

I use Opera mostly, but every once in a while I use Firefox or IE.

I've been considering Chrome, but never really had a good reason to switch yet.

Does Windows 7 take less processing power and RAM to run everything than Vista did?

I use Opera mostly, but every once in a while I use Firefox or IE.

I've been considering Chrome, but never really had a good reason to switch yet.

Does Windows 7 take less processing power and RAM to run everything than Vista did?

Well, definitely more RAM efficient. not sure about processor power though.