I love Fire Emblem.

Inui

Who's that character in your avatar and sig and what is she from? I feel like I recognize her.

Hinagiku Katsura? Hayate the Combat Butler? :3

Edit: lolwut. Ninja'd. >_______<

Edited by Roxas

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate no Gotoku.

She's tied with Maya Fey and Horo (from Spice and Wolf) for hottest girls ever.

Lol Inui is a furry. Kidding, Holo (I know her that way) is awesome. Haven't seen Hayate and I haven't even heard of what Maya Fey is from.

Too bad "lo" does not exist in the Japanese language, so her name is Horo.

lol

With English writing, neither does "ro." Both ways of romanizing her name ("Holo" and "Horo") are technically correct because English doesn't have a character that makes that specific sound.

Plus, when you say "Horo" or hear someone say it without the proper Japanese pronunciation, it sounds like "whore."

Thankfully I don't care about the English language when reading or hearing a Japanese name. I can read her name in Japanese...and it's "Horo" lol...

God she's hot.

Thankfully I don't care about the English language when reading or hearing a Japanese name. I can read her name in Japanese...and it's "Horo" lol...

God she's hot.

Well, unless you want to start using Hiragana, the romanization to the English alphabet is what you'll be using, and

Both ways of romanizing her name ("Holo" and "Horo") are technically correct because English doesn't have a character that makes that specific sound.

I'm no pro, but I at least know the basics of how Japanese works.

"Ro" is definitely more acceptable, as the Katanana/Hiragana characters and typically romanized as "ro" as I have learned in my Japanese classes.

Anyways, isn't she super hot? Not only is she built perfectly, but she's awesome and drinks.

Also, this place is pretty cool. FEFF isn't active enough in the FE sections. FEP is full of scr00bs. This place has its scr00bs, but I don't feel like I'm the only one with a brain like at FEP. I think I'll like it here and I sincerely regret not joining earlier.

"Ro" is definitely more acceptable, as the Katanana/Hiragana characters and typically romanized as "ro" as I have learned in my Japanese classes.

This is true, as I have also learned in Japanese classes. It doesn't make the other way wrong, though. It usually comes down to a matter of preference.

Also, I haven't seen Spice and Wolf II myself, but someone told me she even writes "Holo" on a marriage license in one episode.

Anyways, isn't she super hot? Not only is she built perfectly, but she's awesome and drinks.

She has no nipples. Sorry. Sure, she's hot, but I am only a furry for Volug.

Also, this place is pretty cool. FEFF isn't active enough in the FE sections. FEP is full of scr00bs. This place has its scr00bs, but I don't feel like I'm the only one with a brain like at FEP. I think I'll like it here and I sincerely regret not joining earlier.

The FE boards seem to be more active suddenly. New blood (accompanied with brains) is apparently what we needed.

The FE boards seem to be more active suddenly. New blood (accompanied with brains) is apparently what we needed.

They are? O:

Oh, what do I know... Hell, 9/10 posts of mine are in the FE4 THREAD anyway. :facepalm:

When did this uptick happen? Are you referring to me? Because it'd be :awesome: if you were.

And it DOES keep track of postcounts. Posts in FFtF don't count though.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

Inui! Salutations, comrade, and welcome to the forest!

These days I follow a "One Video game series, One Forum" policy in the tradition of China, but in 2006 or 2007 I made accounts on both FEFF and FEP and made a few posts on each site even though I'd already given my soul over to FESS. From that time and occasional lurking I think I vaguely recognize your name. Come! Make some posts and they might memories.

It's closest when pronounced with an Iberian 'r', as in words like 'mariachi' or 'vaquero'. The Portuguese missionaries who originally decided to represent that Japanese sound with that letter trilled it, and to my ear the Japanese sound in any standard English pronunciation is closer to 'd' than to 'r'.

This place has its scr00bs

I don't recognize that word. What are 'scr00bs'? I'm reminded of a certain medical TV show.

I have played and beaten every single FE game, some of them many, many, many times. (300ish for FE 7, probably)

H-H-H-HOLY....

(And I thought that a dozen PT's for each FE9 and 10 was a lot... :( )

Edited by Randomly Predictable

Yo Lucas. You'll be delighted to find out that this forum does not have post counts. ;)

Well, we used to... then the server wipe in June pretty much annihilated everybody's post count by nearly 500 per person on average, so when the forums where back up, Jyo decided to remove member groups, give custom member titles to everybody, and effectually removed post count. :|

Edited by Roxas

red fox for top tier seriously i did not know that

WHY DID YOU WAIT UNTIL NOW TO INFORM US OF THIS DECISIVE TESTIMONY WITNESS

Edited by Fred Fuchs