Marcus and Isadora

The Wandering Mercenary

Marcus vs. Isadora  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

Marcus, since his --/20 averages put him ahead of Isadora in hp, strength, skill, defense, and resistance. Although Isadora has an easier time doubling, I find her to be a bit troublesome to work with. :|

Marcus joins with his base stats in Chapter 12.

Isadora joins with her base stats in Chapter 22 after Marcus got to build supports and be the best character in the game for basically that whole time.

Marcus is clearly better. Might even be the best unit.

Isadora joins with her base stats in Chapter 22 after Marcus got to build supports and be the best character in the game for basically that whole time.

Marcus for Fe7!Seth--*shot*

Well, Marcus has worse stats than Seth, but his supports are arguably better since he can get +25 Evd while Seth typically gets +12 and the enemies in his game are weaker.

Marcus is better for the reasons Roxas stated, he also has better growth everywhere aside HP, SPEED (Isadora doubles his Spd growth), Luck & Def.

Marcus will double most enemies early game, he has more Atk and is quite useful on HHM.

What. Maybe "most useful" But not "best unit"

Well, Marcus has worse stats than Seth, but his supports are arguably better since he can get +25 Evd while Seth typically gets +12 and the enemies in his game are weaker.

So I think we may be on to something here... :|

Isadora has a speed lead but con issues make it pointless, meh strength, that and her def is pretty bad. Being a pre-promote gives her even less potenial as it is.

Marcus's greatest useage is in early game where he's like a guardian for the team. Some even say he's good enough for midgame and endgame.

So I think Marcus takes it

Most useful = best.

Ehhhh... Perhaps it does to you, but that's not the general usage. The most important thing in these debates is to be specific so that everybody doesn't use different definitions and standards.

I like how there are nine votes for Marcus in the poll right now and none for Isadora.

I voted Isadora, for no particular reason. She is the only female Paladin in the GBA games, she gets a custom battle sprite (don't mention Amelia in FE8, she's ugly, weak and should go with GK). That is a good enough reason for me.

Although Marcus does seem to have better stats (and apparent popularity), I think Isadora still has a chance to be a good unit. I have not gotten her to Lv. 20 before, but she has about the same HP and Str as Marcus, statistically speaking. Her strength is just as good as Marcus', but she has a lower base. Her avoid can be +25 over Marcus', and she has a better chance at dodging criticals. Although that may not be enough to convince anyone to change their opinion of her, I still think she could be as great as Marcus could be. :D

Ehhhh... Perhaps it does to you, but that's not the general usage. The most important thing in these debates is to be specific so that everybody doesn't use different definitions and standards.

I like how there are nine votes for Marcus in the poll right now and none for Isadora.

Unless your standard is "Link Arena" than being the most useful unit makes you the best unit.

Why did IS feel the need to give Isadora 6 CON?

Sadism. Her only real advantage over Marcus is with her speed, and that 6 Con means she won't be able to exploit that speed advantage unless she always uses an iron sword...which incidentally makes her too weak to do much damage at all to enemies with her lacking strength.

It's cool that you get a female paladin, it's a shame that they made her the worst and the latest-joining of the four paladins.

Sadism. Her only real advantage over Marcus is with her speed, and that 6 Con means she won't be able to exploit that speed advantage unless she always uses an iron sword...which incidentally makes her too weak to do much damage at all to enemies with her lacking strength.

It's cool that you get a female paladin, it's a shame that they made her the worst and the latest-joining of the four paladins.

^This. A MILLION TIMES THIS.

Except it should be five paladins: Marcus, Lowen, Sain, Kent, + Isadora. :P

Unless your standard is "Link Arena" than being the most useful unit makes you the best unit.

Maybe that is my standard. Or maybe my standard is to judge units without considering their potential after recruitment, the way Sedgar the Hero often does. In either case, 'best' is an ambiguous term between us.

Except it should be five paladins: Marcus, Lowen, Sain, Kent, + Isadora. :P

You're right, I was thinking Sain and Kent were a single paladin as I wrote that post. ;)

Also, Marcus is only most useful for several chapters after you get him. The port of badon chapter is probably one of the last chapters he is necessary in, and then after that he makes a good bodyguard for Merlinus. Lets face it, you're other characters are probably all gonna trump Marcus once they're promoted, so basically you're wasting exp on him when other units with more potential want it more.

He's still really awesome for a long time before Isadora even existed and if he's worse than her after she joins, it's not by much. He's probably gonna be better since her most important win over him is Spd, but FE7 has the slowest enemies out of any FE, and Marcus has had alot of time to get supports and a level lead.

He's still really awesome for a long time before Isadora even existed and if he's worse than her after she joins, it's not by much. He's probably gonna be better since her most important win over him is Spd, but FE7 has the slowest enemies out of any FE, and Marcus has had alot of time to get supports and a level lead.

Of course, not counting the 0 AS revanants of FE8

0 AS Revenants basically just replace loldiers for one earlygame chapter.

FE8 ends up with faster enemies because more of the enemies at endgame are promoted and not wielding Steel weapons. Even in VoD, FE7 has like 3 or 4 unpromoted weighed down enemies for every promoted enemy on the map. FE8 doesn't do this in Last Hope.