POKEMON THREAD

Because certain members of the FE4 THREAD do not like Pokemon in their Fire Emblem thread, I have decided to create an entirely new thread for Pokemon. That, and to announce HeartGold and SoulSilver's release in March.

I'll make rules later.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to admit, they're pretty fucking similar. Guy goes around capturing little monsters, using them against other little monsters.. and some much larger ones. Though Levant can hold his own against plenty of minions, then there's the whole merge system and actually good storyline.

But still.

You have to admit, they're pretty fucking similar. Guy goes around capturing little monsters, using them against other little monsters.. and some much larger ones. Though Levant can hold his own against plenty of minions, then there's the whole merge system and actually good storyline.

But still.

I actually think not...only the "capturing" is the same...for the rest EVERYTHING > Pokemon in Jade Cocoon.

Especially Mechanics, items, OST and yes, the storyline.

My Pokememory is poor, so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ash's dad the leader of Team Rocket or whatever? Levant's dad is the Chosen One of Darkness. Ash fights Jessie and James. Levant fights Fire/Water/Earth/Air bosses who are lackeys of Riketz.

I dunno, they just seem similar enough for someone who likes one to like the other. Even though Jade Cocoon is 100x better.

My Pokememory is poor, so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ash's dad the leader of Team Rocket or whatever? Levant's dad is the Chosen One of Darkness. Ash fights Jessie and James. Levant fights Fire/Water/Earth/Air bosses who are lackeys of Riketz.

I dunno, they just seem similar enough for someone who likes one to like the other. Even though Jade Cocoon is 100x better.

Ash's father isn't the team rocket leader. Silver's father is.

And the lackeys are not just lackeys, they represented fears of characters.

Yup, Jade Cocoon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pokemon

You sure? I could have sworn they each were representative of different things. The air one was Kelmar's jealousy, I think? Earth might have been the greed of.. whatever the fuck his name was.

Fuuuck now I have to replay it. And I have this weird habit of not being able to stop easily without all of the harder to obtain weapons like Palemoon, Cloudcover, and all of that shit. Shit.

Edited by Death

DOES JADE COCOON HAVE COMPETITIVE BATTLING?

(I don't actually care, just wondering)

Also I bet Jade Cocoon doesn't have Jolteon

Only in the Anime, and that's unconfirmed AFAIK. Silver's been confirmed as Giovanni's son in both the Pokemon Adventures manga and the games. Besides, Ash does not exist in the games- Red, the character he's based off of, is the lead in Gen 1 and FR/LG, and the Final Boss in Gen II and HG/SS (Where his name is specifically stated to be Red).

Jessie and James don't appear in the games outside of Yellow. The four Rocket Executives would be a better match here, and even then they really don't have that much What Do You Mean It's Not Symbolic? behind them.

Don't lump the Anime and the Games together. They're two completely seperate storylines.

You sure? I could have sworn they each were representative of different things. The air one was Kelmar's jealousy, I think? Earth might have been the greed of.. whatever the fuck his name was.

Fuuuck now I have to replay it. And I have this weird habit of not being able to stop easily without all of the harder to obtain weapons like Palemoon, Cloudcover, and all of that shit. Shit.

Oh...yeah...but still VERY different from Team Rocket.

And Air was Jealousy, Earth was Greed of...Yamu or sometihng and something with Mahbu too and I think Red was Desire or something...

Lol, that's normal. Just play the eternal corridor over and over until you have all minions...

Only in the Anime, and that's unconfirmed AFAIK. Silver's been confirmed as Giovanni's son in both the Pokemon Adventures manga and the games. Besides, Ash does not exist in the games- Red, the character he's based off of, is the lead in Gen 1 and FR/LG, and the Final Boss in Gen II and HG/SS (Where his name is specifically stated to be Red).

Jessie and James don't appear in the games outside of Yellow. The four Rocket Executives would be a better match here, and even then they really don't have that much What Do You Mean It's Not Symbolic? behind them.

Don't lump the Anime and the Games together. They're two completely seperate storylines.

Sorry, haha. I'm going to be 21 in a few months and Pokemon fell out of style with me in middle school, so it's all just a blur.

Sorry, haha. I'm going to be 21 in a few months and Pokemon fell out of style with me in middle school, so it's all just a blur.

Same, Except I'm gonna be 18 and I was a grade ahead in grade school around that time.

I only picked the franchise up again after coming across the Mangas, being Adventures/Special and The Electric Tale of Pikachu.

...Haunter eats souls. Really.