So I'm finally getting around to playing FE5...

Deliriyum

Get funds by capturing/stealing and selling items/weapons. Arena also nets you funds but some of the enemies can be unpredictable and weird (15 DEF Lv 1 Sage, 14 MAG Lv 15 Cavalier...).

Unlike in PoR, every character must escape before Leaf on escape map (first one being chapter 4) or else he'll be alone (or have only the ones that escaped before him) in the next chapter.

You can steal equipped weapons, Fergus doesn't need Wrath.

DO NOT GIVE AMBUSH TO SOMEONE WHO HAS WRATH OR WRATH TO SOMEONE WHO HAS AMBUSH.

Continue Manual should go to someone with Ambush. Ambush should go to a good Brave Weapon user, Olwen or Asvel with Tron.

Edited by Zetta

Get funds by capturing/stealing and selling items/weapons. Arena also nets you funds but some of the enemies can be unpredictable and weird (15 DEF Lv 1 Sage, 14 MAG Lv 15 Cavalier...).

Unlike in PoR, every character must escape before Leaf on escape map (first one being chapter 4) or else he'll be alone (or have only the ones that escaped before him) in the next chapter.

You can steal equipped weapons, Fergus doesn't need Wrath.

DO NOT GIVE AMBUSH TO SOMEONE WHO HAS WRATH OR WRATH TO SOMEONE WHO HAS AMBUSH.

two more things, what does "catch" mean? And how do I know if I am going to double an enemy?

In this game it's very important to keep your forces together. It's very tempting to split up your forces and take on as many enemies as you can at once, especially when movement stars and criticals activate, but don't test your luck. This game is more random than the others and can really punish you for overextending yourself. I've found that having contingency plans or at least an uncommitted character or two is more helpful and important here than in any other Fire Emblem game.

In general just be ready to revise your paradigms. You'll probably never have that large of an advantage over your enemies and sometimes they can be pretty crafty. Don't let the first few chapters lull you into complacency.

In this game it's very important to keep your forces together. It's very tempting to split up your forces and take on as many enemies as you can at once, especially when movement stars and criticals activate, but don't test your luck. This game is more random than the others and can really punish you for overextending yourself. I've found that having contingency plans or at least an uncommitted character or two is more helpful and important here than in any other Fire Emblem game.

In general just be ready to revise your paradigms. You'll probably never have that large of an advantage over your enemies and sometimes they can be pretty crafty. Don't let the first few chapters lull you into complacency.

This game uses a 1 RN system for hit, right? I've noticed myself missing some pretty high hit.

Be aware that staves can miss. Even Heal.

In 2x, there will be a Swordfighter with a name. Do not kill him. Also, capture the boss in 2x, rather than killing him.

Alright, I'm on chapter 2 now and I saved all the houses.

This game uses a 1 RN system for hit, right? I've noticed myself missing some pretty high hit.

Yes, it's a 1 RN system. I say it's more random than FE4 because your characters are less powerful and a little bit of bad luck goes farther in terms of screwing up your plans.

In 2x, there will be a Swordfighter with a name. Do not kill him. Also, capture the boss in 2x, rather than killing him.

To clarify, don't even release these dudes if you capture them, that means they run for the hills and the game considers them dead. Have your characters keep holding onto them until you complete the chapter.