Yay! 'Allo World!

Terra

thanks guys! I've only played FE:Shadow Dragon so far, but I'm totally hooked! Ihad to research the other games and I watched youtube videos of them being played...so I will pick up the rest in due time.

Yes my avatar is Marth. My sig is of an RPing character I made. I figure if I join a FE RP, I'll use her. Her name is Seia. She'll be a Manakete. I'm already figuring her story, so if you guys know a FE RP board I'll be happy to join in.

In addition to those things....it seems I've had an unknown liking for FE for several years now. I've used Sorren from Path of Radiance to RP before....I have lots of pics of him, and cleverly made use of his spell book! lol. Then ofcourse I've played Super Smash Bros. Melee & Brawl....so I HAD to get an actual FE game.....and here I am!

Hello Seiya and welcome to the Fire Emblem fandom, also called "my elitism is better than yours".

Don't go too far from the forest and behave like you'd be in an important meeting and you'll have a good time here.

FE: Shadow Dragon was an excellent choice as your first Fire Emblem as it provides you with all the basics that all past and future FEs build up upon without shoving too many tutorials down your throat or making the game too much of a pushover.

You should get playing the older FEs, specially FE4 and/or FE5 (both for SNES), since a lot of people say they are the BEST FEs there are.

If you get a GBA Emulator, you could play FEs 6, 7 and 8.

Then there's the NES ones, which are a little less known than the rest. FE1 (Shadow Dragon is a remake of it) and FE2.

FE3 is for the SNES, and it is (another) remake of the first one, which you may like since you like Shadow Dragon.

I could give you the links anytime, just ask ;).

FE4 and FE5 are the best FEs, but they are not beginner-friendly.

Although FE9 and FE10(Yes, 10 is pretty good despite other people's opinions on it) are both good titles as well if you like seeing a lot of characters with personality and having actual dialogue with a pretty nice storyline.

Ike-Mike, don't worry, I'll behave, lol. Nice to meet you.

Spike' Ty for the recommendations. I'd take you up on emulator download links, old FE games with translated text, etc. but I don't have my own PC right now and I'm on wii's browser!

Joey.... I'm all for deep SL.

Edited by Seiya

Joey.... I'm all for deep SL.

Well, then try FE9 first then, seeing as you're a Soren fangirl before even playing the series. Although it will be hard to buy the game(I've heard people selling PoR discs for nearly 100$ on eBay). Which basically means the only realistic option you have is emulating the game if your computer has the specs for it.

Well, then try FE9 first then, seeing as you're a Soren fangirl before even playing the series. Although it will be hard to buy the game(I've heard people selling PoR discs for nearly 100$ on eBay). Which basically means the only realistic option you have is emulating the game if your computer has the specs for it.

*gasp* $100!? Is it a rare game? sheesh....and I really want it...

*gasp* $100!? Is it a rare game? sheesh....and I really want it...

It's somewhat rare but if you can't get it/play it then there's always FE4 which is called Genealogy of the Holy War. Which has a pretty epic storyline. It is still my favorite FE even to this day.

ok so PoR is around 30-35 bucks on Amazon. Then I'll buy it from there! Also, my Gamestop has the GBA one with Eliwood for 9.00....so I might get that one next.

I've heard some horror stories about that game's price at local game stores. You found a really good deal, get it while you still can! Even if you don't want to play it you could sell it for a profit online. ;)

Edited by Hero

You should also try out FE3 Book 2 soon as it's the most similiar to FEDS gameplay-wise and adds a lot of character and plot development to Akaneia.

FE4 also has a very large-scale and engaging storyline. While it's difficult to adapt to a few things that make it different from all the other FEs it's still one of the easiest.

PoR brings in plenty of gameplay elements from each FE before it. Though it has the best support system in the entire series other things like the skill system feel a lot less polished than from where they originally come from.

FE7 is also a great game for newcomers though I personally find it a tad overrated and Lyn's mode is everything that is wrong with tutorials.

I'm uploading a GBA emulator and FEs 6 (patched), 7 and 8. I'll later upload a SNES emulator with FEs 3, 4 and 5 all patched probably.

I'll edit the link into this post ;).

EDIT:GBA emulator.

1: Are you going to upload ROMs? Bad idea.

2: She doesn't have a computer of her own (she's using a Wii browser).

Also, Hi Seiya! Welcome to Serenes Forest!

Edited by Black Soldier of Chaos