Rng Blessing and Screwage

Ansem

j5i0wk.jpg

Disregard luck. It isn't that important anyway.

My Fir seemed to want to grow ridiculous amounts of STR and DEF. I just hope it keeps up post-promotion. :D

...In fact, she's beating my Rutger in every aspect besides HP, Res, and SPD. LOLWUT.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

If Rutger can get hit repeatedly by a bandit with a hand axe at <20 Hit, there's something wrong with the RNG in this game.

Savestates are good for not having to start the chapter over when you get hit by such.

My Fir, Oujay, Dieck, and Rutger all have been hit by axemen while standing in a forest. Sometimes with 10 hit too.

On another note, RNG Fail right here. My Ellen got severely Mag screwed. At lv. 20 Cleric she had about 6. D8

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Using savestates isn't the same as abusing for stats. One is compensating for the extreme bullshit the game generally gives you, the other is just cheating.

It kinda is when the GBA emu's are very handy...when you don't like the stat gains you simply reset where you left off, easy as that.

And you can't arena abuse FE6 without savestates...it's almost impossible seeing as how horrible the RNG is.

When you get no stat gains at all for several levels, you know it's time to use savestates.

Because unless you're doing a 0% growths run, this game is screwing you over. :P

You really can't arena abuse fully in any FE GBA game without savestates. Because even a decent RNG system can get screwed over sometimes. In other words, that 1% critical that happens too often for 1%.

On another note, it seems like my characters are either STR/MAG blessed or screwed. There is no middle ground.

24vljsm.jpg

Shin with some epic STR that's about to cap soon. I didn't abuse this--If I did he wouldn't be so Res screwed right now.

His Spd is a little bad...and yes, you can arena abuse in other GBA FE games, FE7's RNG does not screw you over like FE6's, nowhere as much. And you have Ninian and her rings anyways.

It is a lot easier to abuse in FE7 and FE8, yes, but once in a while the RNG still screws you over.

While this is unrelated to arena abuse, my Swordmaster Joshua failed to pull a critical both times he hit a boss with a killing edge equipped with about 40 Crit. And on the Boss's turn he ended up getting critical'd. By a 5%. Not to mention his HP is just the right amount to get killed by a Crit at that point. Dx That was my fail luck.

Savestates completely negate that, so you don't have to be nearly as cautious (and still get screwed over sometimes) while Arena abusing.

...But that's about 5 STR above where he should be right now.

And he still dodges most things thrown at him so I'm okay with the 21, it's only two under anyway. It will catch up, hopefully.

At least it's not as atrocious as his res. As if physical units don't have res in this game already.

I didnt use the savestates to get those stats

I arena abused with savestates but i didnt Rng abuse to get stats

Other wise Alan would be way better

It's the same thing. Why? Because sooner or later they HAD to die. And will you restart the game? No. You will restart where you SAVED the game.

This is FE6, arena abusing without savestates is impossible unless you have great funds to waste on staves and all the matches quit in the arena.