FE6 HM Tier List

Colonel M

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're going to talk about fielding Bors the Beast and Barth Vader so Wendy can Triangle Attack, why not consider giving her some supports? As long as we're shooting ourselves in the foot, we may as amputate the whole leg and save ourselves some agony.

If we're going to talk about fielding Bors the Beast and Barth Vader so Wendy can Triangle Attack, why not consider giving her some supports? As long as we're shooting ourselves in the foot, we may as amputate the whole leg and save ourselves some agony.

Hello the exact opposite of what this list is about: Inefficiency.

No, seriously for the Triangle Attack to ease Wendy's training, 2 slots just to field those slowpokes AND her is simply inefficient. It's like giving up a $2.49 bag of Doritos for a penny. Hell that's probably an understatement.

Edited by Speedwagon

Hello the exact opposite of what this list is about: Inefficiency.

No, seriously for the Triangle Attack to ease Wendy's training, 2 slots just to field those slowpokes AND her is simply inefficient. It's like giving up a $2.49 bag of Doritos for a penny.

Hey, it was CATS who suggested the triangle attack. And I somewhat agree with him - I can't see Wendy ever being usable without having the other Armours around to help her. And when I say 'usable', I mean that without those fatasses, Wendy is impossible to use. Non-existent offense, non-existent durability, non-existent move...

If both are at base level, Sofia has 11 more hit than Wendy. So no, not excellent either. Better, yeah. But only if Wendy is at base level. Which she probably won't be, if we're wasting our time to use either of them.

Wendy won't get enough levels for 11 hit, so moot point. Sophia's atk is also superior on top of better move, and durability wise there's no difference since it's getting one rounded vs getting one rounded, so Sophia widens the hit gap in her favor over time as well.

Not everything ORKOs Wendy. She has 19 HP/8 Def at base, which means she needs 18 Atk to be ORKOd if she's getting doubled (which knights/soldiers don't do). Archers and Mercs are only reaching about 15 Atk in Ch8, so I'm not seeing how non-mage enemies are ORKOing her, at least at base. Now granted, getting 2RKOd is ntohing to write home about, but to say there's no durability difference isn't quite fair.

She still lives through the archs and mercs, even at base. She also might not be doubled by some of the Steel Axe Fighters/Pirates since they can go down to 5-6 AS if they're weighed down enough. IE, not everything is ORKOing Wendy.

Also, if Wendy is finishing untis why can't she switch to Iron/Slim? I'm not sure why she constantly had to use Javelins, she has options for more more accurate and slightly more damaging weapons, Sophia can't gain any accuracy this way.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Also, if Wendy is finishing untis why can't she switch to Iron/Slim?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get something into Wendy's kill margin with her lol 4 str? And even then her accuracy still stinks. Sure, the pirates won't one round her, but since she fails so badly against them offensively anyway...

You speak of accuracy, but this concept is foreign to me. The triangle-attack will not miss. Likewise, your statement that "since she fails so badly against them offensively anyway..." seems to neglect the triangle-attack. Again, a triangle-attacking Wendy's offense is not really any worse than that of a high or top tier unit. It's actually really quite good compared to what Sophia is pulling. You can't just ignore this and pretend that Wendy has no options to improve her offense.

It´s an option if you want to deploy Bors and Barth, keep them alive, and position them so that Wendy deals the last blow. Even if this is possible (Western Isles is often very cramped) it definitely is not anymore efficient than Wendy carrying the failure on her own.

Maybe, just maybe, the triangle attack can make them all good, but I've never used it to know for sure.

You would be wrong. Only worth you can get out of any of them is early-sealing Barth.

Unless showing how they supporting one another can suddenly turn them to gods (bad speed, bad move, already got the world against them basically), you will never be correct. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

It DOES give Wendy an auto-crit on anything she attacks, which is nice. Better than anything Sofia has in the ways of offense.

Not that I'm saying its efficient or anything. Although, even USING Wendy or Sofia is horribly inefficient, so its not like it matters.

And if we're not going to be seriously using them, Wendy is probably still better. She can just rescue someone (her DEF isn't that bad compared to everyone else at this point) if she needs to. No, she's not good at it, since she only has 4 MOV, but its also something Sofia really has no answer to, and its better than nothing.

It DOES give Wendy an auto-crit on anything she attacks, which is nice. Better than anything Sofia has in the ways of offense.

Not that I'm saying its efficient or anything. Although, even USING Wendy or Sofia is horribly inefficient, so its not like it matters.

Ok great, they can kill something that hoves into all 3 of their move ranges, then surround the guy, and then one of them activates the triangle attack. That sounds like a brilliant idea.

I'd honestly rather have crappy acc magic chip.

And if we're not going to be seriously using them, Wendy is probably still better. She can just rescue someone (her DEF isn't that bad compared to everyone else at this point) if she needs to. No, she's not good at it, since she only has 4 MOV, but its also something Sofia really has no answer to, and its better than nothing.

Ok, Wendy rescues someone and now has 1 AS. What doesn't double this? Being the worst rescuer imagineable is nothing to be proud of.

Again, I'd rather just have crappy acc magic chip than the worst combination of everything ever.

It DOES matter, because needing to field two more bozos is even more inefficient than using just one and the triangle attack isn't worth all the negative utility. Sophia sucks, but she's only one unit's worth of suck. You've got three slowpokes who often won't get to target anything because of how goddamn slow-moving they are, and even when they do Wendy's auto-crit isn't that great seeing as how it won't kill guys at full HP.

"oh sure it's a lot more inefficient but using sophia is inefficient to begin with so w/e" is terrible justification, btw. You conceded the argument as soon as you tried to cop the inefficiency bull in your favor.

Edited by s Portsman

You would be wrong. Only worth you can get out of any of them is early-sealing Barth.

Unless showing how they supporting one another can suddenly turn them to gods (bad speed, bad move, already got the world against them basically), you will never be correct. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

A simple 'wrong' would have sufficed.

Wendy's auto-crit will definitely result in OHKOs after she grows a bit. Since she's auto-critting, her damage growth is 120%, +1.2 points of damage with every level she gains, and you can toss in an uberfast full Atk support with Bors to help her out. +9 damage at A Rank.

So you guys want to use them inefficiently enough that Sophia wins, but not inefficiently enough that Wendy wins. You guys just hate Wendy imo.

Edited by CATS

Wendy's auto-crit will definitely result in OHKOs after she grows a bit.

See, that's half the problem.

The other half is that whenever I bring up how inefficient it is to have THREE four move guys with shit offense and bad defense (since they'll get doubled) you just hand-wave it like I never posted it. Guess what buddy. It's a problem no matter how much you want it not to get in the way of your "lol triangle attack, all problems are solved" argument. You are not going to be able to chalk up a significant amount of kills in any reasonable timeframe. You have to split the kills too, or else one of your slow-ass armors becomes easy pickings because they'll fall behind too much. Hell, they'll fall behind anyway since the triangle attack will patch together so little EXP.

Sophia is a bad unit. A bad unit. Using one of Wendy is bad enough, having Bors and Barth just adds to the problem. Yes, it isn't a good idea to use Wendy or Sophia. I don't give a flying fuck. If I have to pick one of them, Sophia will do less damage to my overall turncount, the only thing attempting the triangle attack will do is damage said turncount beyond repair.

But let's use your argument for a second. Wendy vs Wolt. Wendy can triangle attack and not be a complete failure. Wolt just sucks. Wendy wins.

Est vs Tomas. Est can triangle attack and kill a bunch of shit. Tomas sucks and doesn't even have earlygame utility, Est wins. Est to mid tier, her one shotting shit with Ridersbane is better than what all of FEDS low tier does.

It's CATS. I'm starting to think his whole existence is a joke. I've lost track of how many ridiculous arguments he's spouted out at this point.