Howdy

Shaya

Hiya everybody :).

I suppose little would know me/of me these days.

I guess Im back to, in general, say hello, and perhaps finish/fix up the fe5 patch of old; or to at least re-release everything. Ive decided to replay FE5 again for the billionth time (totally going forSSS rank this time); but I dont even have the latest patch of what I created (lol). Not only is the site I originally had it on gone; the only valid link left of it is the NP version only on rapidshare (Im surprised it still remains! Wow Celice! but rapidshare is generally terrible) however generally the knowledge the patch existed is gone! Much to my chagrin my old computer with everything on it seems to have had its power unit blow recently (unknown why)... I hope the HDD isnt busted... But Ill probably try to do something about that.

Is twilkitri still alive!?

Does eaichu still breathe fire?

etc etc

Edited by Shaya

Twilkitri and Eaichu were both fairly active here a while back, but they haven't been around in a while.

In any case, welcome to the forums.

Whoa, it's Shaya. It's a pleasant surprise to see you.

As Musashi said, Twilk was around a while ago, though his activity has always been in spurts (must be having trouble with those bins again...). I honestly haven't seen Eaichu on since the fall, but I haven't been active much myself lately.

Anyway, nice to see you back in the fandom.

Welcome to the forest.

You just missed Twilkitri by a couple months, Eaichu by a few more. A lot of people have left in the last year or so. Celice and some others are still around, but if you stick around this site for long you'll mostly see newer people.

I hope you can work a little bit more on the FE5 patch. It's great as it is, immeasurably when you compare it to the four or so chapters that were translated when I played the game for the first time, but it's still incomplete.

Shaya!! :drool:

I thought you disappeared off the face of the internet forever! Either way, welcome back!

Also if you can retrieve all the data of the translation patch but don't feel like doing it yourself maybe you could just pass the torch to someone else who will complete it. Heck, I'd try to learn how to ROM hack just to finish this patch if you could give all the stuff I'd need to do so.

The Rom hacking part is pretty minimal...

I designed compilers and source files in a way that they are all just text files.

Editting scripts is extremely simple. There was a point that there were some people working on multilingual patches.

Most of the errors Ive come across are pointer issues. And the source files cover that reasonably well already.

I was planning on at some point releasing everything anyway but I kept putting it off... now I have a busted Computer :(

Edited by Shaya