Fire Emblem Characters in SSB4

Anacybele

Pick your desired FE Characters for SSB4!  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see playable in SSB4?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that someone already brought up this point, but I highly doubt that there will be 3-4 FE characters in the next brawl. That is way too much cloniness. Granted the StarFox and Original-Mario people can get really clone-y as well...HOWEVER:

Most FE lords use swords - there is only so much you can do with a sword.

- Kinda like StarFox/ Falco/ Wolf - all have the same set of moves with slight variations.

- Even Axes/Lances will have similar movements.

I think they need new people with a whole set of new powers.

Rob, Snake, Sonic can leave...

Peach needs to be re-upgraded, as does shiek

EDIT:

Personally, Roy > Ike. I'm a in the center brawler who uses light, fast characters. Loved the fire element of roy and his middle-class weight didn't hinder my style all that much. Marth completely owns for me. Extremely fast, light, hits well.

Granted though, my style of play means I need to be really good at recover moves...light people tend to fly far with 100-115 damage...so I had to learn that lesson well and fast.

A mage character would more than likely be like Zelda...who I can't use (but that's beside the point)...Would be interesting but at the same time, not sure how effective/clone-y it would be.

You do know you contradicted yourself in this post, right? You said you hate the cloneliness, but you prefer Roy to Ike. Roy is the clone, Ike is original. Plus, Ike has fire too, you know. And who knows, perhaps Ragnell really does have the fire properties in FE as well, they just weren't introduced.

Also, the number of swords is the reason why Ephraim would be one of my FE picks for the next SSB. xP

Marth - normal sword

Ike - big, heavy golden two handed sword with fire

Ephraim - lance

New lord - dunno yet

Aside from not knowing the new lord's weapon, this seems pretty original to me. Ike's sword does work a lot differently than Marth's, which is what made him original. Ragnell is heavy, powerful, and can't be swung like a normal sword, even by one as incredibly strong as Ike (muscle wise. And we know Ike is quite the musclehead). You can see Ike's magnificent strength and Ragnell's massiveness when he does his side taunt.

Oh, did I mention Ike is the only heavyweight who uses a sword at all? ;D

Edited by Eternal Bond

I personally think Hector would be a good choice. There are plenty of swords in Brawl, but a lack of axes. Hector's also from one of the more popular games in the series.

There is also a matter of other series additions and how important those series are.

For now, Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, and even goddamn Star Fox, who hasn't come out with a good game since StarFox 64, are more important than Fire Emblem right now. Kirby is Sakurai's creation so he'll see his own testes ripped open before seeing his own series get the boot. Mr. Game & Watch is the creation of Sakurai's mentor. R.O.B, Ice Climbers, and Pit represent a forgotten age of gaming, and with Little Mac's recent game, he will most certainly be added into SSB4. Honestly, unless FE comes out with another game with a new lord (Or a remake of FE4/5), we will not see a new Fire Emblem character.

No. Do you not realize SSB is used as a sponsor for FE? Micaiah nor Hector would give fans good expectations of the series, for them it's just going to be another cute/sexy chick that uses magic.

And she is physically weak, don't bring up the excuse that her magic gives her strength, unlike Zelda.

I WANT evey single character from FE4-5 and FE9-10. Something more realistic that would satisfy me though would be 2-3 characters (Marth, Ike, new lord). I'm hoping they would release downloadable add-ons with more characters, and here it would be more realistic (and nice) to see people like Sigurd/Celice, Roy, Black Knight, hopefully even Alvis. Though hoping for several FE characters in addition to the main 2-3 is a bit optimistic :/ (The more characters the better IMO)

Micaiah will NOT be in. Basically following the Krystal Rule of "BOOBIES = KEWL". A.K.A; a female interest that has little to no interesting nor redeeming qualities and was probably put in the games for either female factor or tits factor.

Alm would NOT be in either, unless they remake FE2 (Which would be strange, considering the best move would either to remake FE3 or FE4/5.). Plus, he wouldn't be as popular since before FE came to the states, Marth was the first FE lord ever and Roy was the Lord of the latest game that had been released, so those additions actually made SENSE.

Hector would not be in because we already have a LOT of heavy, powerful characters; Donkey Kong, Bowser, Ganondorf, Ike, King Dedede, Snake, and Charizard. Hell, even Wario and ROB to a lesser extent. Even FURTHER decreasing his chances is that most, if not all, of these characters are returning.

Actually, the best person who has a chance to make a spot is Lyn; mainly because she is an Assist Trophy, which surely beats other possibilities for inclusion. It shows that Sakurai has taken an interest in her abilities and probably plans to add her to SSB4. Not that it is GOOD, but still...

Eliwood, Ephraim, and Eirika are lolno.

"but horses"

Too hard to implement without breaking or underpowering the character in question. If you can think of a flawless system (GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE) that is NOT simply included as a Final Smash, props to you.

"but lances" They would either need slow attack speed, slow speed, terrible movement, etc, because lance's attack range would be unmatched.

No. Do you not realize SSB is used as a sponsor for FE? Micaiah nor Hector would give fans good expectations of the series, for them it's just going to be another cute/sexy chick that uses magic.

And she is physically weak, don't bring up the excuse that her magic gives her strength, unlike Zelda.

That's why I want her in there... >:)

-Marth's coming back in every SSB game. He has to. He's a series staple. NOBODY IS QUESTIONING MARTH COMING BACK. NOBODY.

-Hector would be a pretty good addition. Maybe with the Armads, Wolf Beil, and some hand-axes. Pretty slick.

-New FE lord. Just think it'd be cool to show off the new guy/girl.

-SIGURD, DAMMIT. OR AT LEAST LEAF. SSB. NEEDS. MORE. JUDGRAL.

I also like Speedwagon's Levin idea.

-Marth's coming back in every SSB game. He has to. He's a series staple. NOBODY IS QUESTIONING MARTH COMING BACK. NOBODY.

-Hector would be a pretty good addition. Maybe with the Armads, Wolf Beil, and some hand-axes. Pretty slick.

-New FE lord. Just think it'd be cool to show off the new guy/girl.

-SIGURD, DAMMIT. OR AT LEAST LEAF. SSB. NEEDS. MORE. JUDGRAL.

I also like Speedwagon's Levin idea.

1. He is not a staple. Was he in SSB64? No? Then he isn't a staple. FFS, Jigglypuff represents more than him.

2. They'd need to separate him from the "average heavy strong guy" pack with more than just axes. Dedede already uses hammers, which are considerably similar already.

3. New Fire Emblem? In MY 2010? lolgood one.

4. Silly Rienfleche, NOBODY has played FE4/5.

I would say Ike, Marth, and maybe a new lord

Marth because Marth is a first fire emblem lord and plus I noticed that the SSB series tends to be about remembering the previous generation of games and since by the time SSB4 comes out fire emblem 11 would have been the previous generation marth would represent that game

Ike for the same reason, in SSBB he was representing PoR and in SSB4 he would represent RD

A new lord for Advertising purposes

Wait.

When everyone is saying a new lord, do they mean an old lord from one of the old games or a completely fresh character to promote a new FE?

Because either way, I don't see it happening.

If I had to suggest a female, I'd say Elincia, but they'd have to figure out how to have her make sense without the Pegasus, which would probably be too difficult. Still, melikes Elincia quite a bit. <3