Fire Emblem Characters in SSB4

Anacybele

Pick your desired FE Characters for SSB4!  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see playable in SSB4?

If I had to suggest a female, I'd say Elincia, but they'd have to figure out how to have her make sense without the Pegasus, which would probably be too difficult. Still, melikes Elincia quite a bit. <3

They could make her a regular swordfighter and summon her Pegasus for her Final Smash.

Still think my "Tactician w/ Pokelords" idea is the best.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there are a LOT of swordies as is and all of them are probably going to return. Link, Toon Link, Meta Knight, Marth, Ike, Pit, and to a lesser extent, Ganondorf. The last thing we need is ANOTHER sword user.

"but she is female"

I'm sorry but I read this argument as "she has tits". So she is a female? That shouldn't and will NOT affect her chances in Brawl. Remember Krystal? Remember how requested she was by her furfag fans? WALUIGI GOT A MORE IMPORTANT ROLE THAN HER.

Hell the only new female from Melee to Brawl is Zero Suit Samus. luuullllllzzzzz

I don't think mounts really pose a problem. Most characters could be used the same way without a mount as with it in smash purposes.

Imagine controlling a horse in a 2-D fighting game. Now put a person on that horse, make pain animations that do not involve them falling off their mount as well as attacks, and then balance that character out. That would be harder than making a full-fledged on-foot character.

I think we can all agree that:

1. Marth, while not a series staple per se, is definitely returning.

2. Ike is also returning, assuming IS won't make another FE soon.

3. Anyone else beyond Roy, who is very unlikely to return, won't be in.

Wow. This thread went all the way back to Nsider 2006...

Almost literally the same arguments from then. You can't guess what Sakurai is going to do. You can't say character x has a good chance because of such and such reason. You can only hope that the character you want gets in. Nothing beyond that.

Wow. This thread went all the way back to Nsider 2006...

Almost literally the same arguments from then. You can't guess what Sakurai is going to do. You can't say character x has a good chance because of such and such reason. You can only hope that the character you want gets in. Nothing beyond that.

IT's called SPECULATION mah boi

IT's called SPECULATION mah boi

Maybe I'm just sore because I went through two years of that. It only really starts to bug me when people try to bring "reasons" into it and get in Sakurai's mind, you aren't doing that one.

Wasn't there a poll for people who could vote who they wanted in Brawl?

And everyone at that top except Lolgeno got in?

The poll was meaningless. Around Brawl's release, IIRC, Sakurai said that the only change to the roster after the poll was put up was Sonic's inclusion.

It clearly seemed to affect who was in to some degree.

Dedede, Diddy Kong, Olimar, etc.

Took me a little bit to find the quote but I did:

Sakurai said that the character roster, except for Sonic The Hedgehog, was decided on in the planning process — before any development began on the game. "To tell the truth, the decision to include Sonic was not made until 2007," said Sakurai.

Source: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/02/sakurai-talks-a/

So yes, those characters did appear in the results of the poll, but, they had already been decided on before we even knew anything about the game and the poll. There was also unfinished character data left on the disk as well, so the roster we did get wasn't even the complete one.

Sakurai probably tries to appeal to the fanbase somewhat(particularly the Japanese fanbase), so putting in some popular characters makes sense.

Of course then he goes off and puts in things like the Ice Climbers and ROB and we have no idea what he's thinking.

Ice Climbers represented a forgotten era in gaming, as did Pit.

R.O.B. was cool. Too bad it isn't likely he'll be back in SSB4. Neither will Olimar.

And as long as he doesn't add Krystal, I'll be one happy camper.

Hector those people who play SSB but not FE need to know it has more to offer than just more sword users(Ephraim rides a horse = non-doable). Hector is a heavy character BUT would hav.e decent jump(for a heavy character) since his FE attacks generally involve jumping. He has ranged attack capabilities(I hope they use tawmahalk not handaxe), and either Wolf Beil or Armads would be good.

Lyndis maybe another sword user but putting her in brawl would allow for a gameplay element not possible in FE, since the Mani Katti/Sol Katti are stated to be paired or companion blades or something like that (what Athos says when he gives you prf weapons) she could use both swords giving her a range of attack types (Mani Katti strikes, Sol Katti strikes, strikes using both swords) whioh would help distiguish her from other sword users (all of whom use only one sword).

Roy with moveset redone to show Sword of Seals better and because seeing him would mean I could hope for a FE6 remake.

Finally add a magic using character. Contenders could be the uber magic classes (Archsage Athos, Dark Druid Nergal, Necromacer Lyon, and possibly Bramimond) and because of the DS remake, Gotoh or Garnef. Get one of these in as a playable character and give some of the others assist trophies. The range of spells could give them several attacks ie Athos/Gotoh using various elemental spells for main attacks with Foreblaze/Aura(DS) alternatively all the S rank magics could be used as direction smashes with the direction determining weather Anima/Light/or Dark magic is used with a supersmash more like the out of combat magics used (like where Athos takes on the dragon), also Luna would make a great move (capable of breaking defense block moves).

Imagine controlling a horse in a 2-D fighting game. Now put a person on that horse, make pain animations that do not involve them falling off their mount as well as attacks, and then balance that character out. That would be harder than making a full-fledged on-foot character.

I phrased badly. I meant that if they can use their weapons on a horse in FE, they can use the same weapons on foot in smash. Why say that they can't be in Smash because they ride a horse when they can just lose the horse.

For pegasuses and dragons they lose a little more this way, but I would still prefer them to lose their mount.

3. New Fire Emblem? In MY 2010? lolgood one.

does this mean ssb4 will come out this year? otherwise IS would have 2011 as well to make FE12 :awesome:

(lance-users, please)

(lol @ Pegasus in ssb4, let's make it vulnerable to arrows :P )

Edited by whase