-sets forest on fire-

Does it apply, Sir Ratatosk?

Let's see - College freshman? Check

Doesn't drink? Check

Should loosen up a bit? Double Check

Doesn't usually hang out with people or go to parties? Check and Check.

Sitting around and moping on Friday nights? Check

So yeah, I'd say that statement very much applies, Sir Hero.

(And it's actually Lord Ratatosk (as mentioned in ToS 2 many, many times) :) )

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, damn, that exam was terrible.

But everyone did pretty bad, because it was written to be ridiculously hard... they'll be curving it rather a lot.

Still. Ow. Hope I didn't fail irredeemably.

Now, homework... and then I can go home!

I'm sure you did well. I have at least a little confidence in your ability. But still, sorry that you had such a rough time.

I'm standing on the roof, dressed in black, holding a sign that says "THIS DOES NOT EXIST" and grinning maniacally.

Oh, and you might not want to walk in front of that equipment over there if you ever want to have normal children; it's a bit high power, I wouldn't recommend radiation.

We will continue our tour to the eth and πth floors of the engineering building...

And as a fun fact, in some of the older buildings here, some of the paint is mildly radioactive.

I'm standing on the roof, dressed in black, holding a sign that says "THIS DOES NOT EXIST" and grinning maniacally.

Oh, and you might not want to walk in front of that equipment over there if you ever want to have normal children; it's a bit high power, I wouldn't recommend radiation.

We will continue our tour to the eth and πth floors of the engineering building...

And as a fun fact, in some of the older buildings here, some of the paint is mildly radioactive.

You have an e and pi floor? Cool!!

Now, if only you had a sqrt(2) floor, we'd be all set.

Hm. I shall have to ask about creating one, now that you mention it.

Well, there were Pythagoreans who were killed over that number, if you believe the legends.

Also need a floor for the golden ratio phi: (1 + sqrt(5))/2 ~ 1.618

Due to... issues in the mechanics of reaching nonstandard floor numbers, we can only have one nonstandard floor between a pair of integer floors.

I see... I hope you have a -1 floor. It can be the debugging level.

Quick, everyone! Run across the bridge to the next building before it collapses!

Right, we all here, then?

Now. This bizarre, almost non-Euclidean structure we're standing in is the computer science building. We don't know what the architect was on, nor do we know where to get some, however we do know that the owner of a certain massively popular operating system paid for some of it.

The deliciously ironic thing in this building is that all the computers run Linux.

Yes I think we'll be a bit, I'm having a bit of difficulty convincing people that the absurd noise issuing from the loudspeakers is, in fact, the fire alarm, I think we'll be a bit with evacuating and getting back in here.

Ah, well I'm back. On with the tour, I imagine.

If you want, I can give you a tour of my little university as well when this tour is over with. It won't be very exciting, but at least it's something.

Alas, I'm afraid I have to pause the tour for now, I've got to get up at 6AM tomorrow. Hopefully the combination of my phone and alarm clock going off as well as my roommate throwing things at me will wake me up.

Very well. Good night, Ms. No-Name...