Battle of the Populars: Round I

Raven

47 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite of these two legendary mascots:

• [IMG]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6027/mariof.png[/IMG] Mario
    • [IMG]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6636/sonicmr.png[/IMG] Sonic the Hedgehog

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when can you have images in polls?

I don't know like 2 years and 2 months ago? I think Freohr Datia is the only one who ever really did it

Mario...? AAAARRRRRRRRGH >_<

RapidFireSniper.gif

Seriously though, watching that short volus bastard run around abusing turtles and chasing after some blonde chick who's too stupid to hire a royal guard, while challenging a tyranatortoise is absolutely pointless. Yeah the Sonic series is out of control... Rogue... heheh... a curvy bat chick heheheheh... but I'd rather watch and or play that than to deal with the other fireball chucking sewertard.

I like both, the problem is though that actually Mario games(like 64, Sunshine, Galaxy) are quite challenging as to complete them and that's what makes them enjoyable, as far as the plot is concerned: WHO CARES if it is the same? still it is better to have a common storyline and good gameplay than having a good plot with mediocre to awful sometimes gameplay...(after all the plot seems to remain quite catchy)

Seriously.

The plot of Mario sucks.

There needs to be a new word to define how bad it is with some exceptions.

You are rating the character on a side note, not the game. Sonic games are enjoyable. Have you ever played any?

Seriously.

The plot of Mario sucks.

There needs to be a new word to define how bad it is with some exceptions.

You are rating the character on a side note, not the game. Sonic games are enjoyable. Have you ever played any?

Yes I have the Sonic Adventure 2:Battle it is good...(but not much apart from that one :()

The problem is you will hear many fans say that it went downhill after Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Heroes, at least it got better after Unleashed, Sonic and the BK was pretty good if you enjoy a fast platformer.

Sonic has an awesome skater dude personality, most of the characters are cool, Mario seems to be more family-based, you know, for people of all ages to enjoy, but the games are just repeadetly the same thing. How much more Mario Parties do we need already!?

Yes I have the Sonic Adventure 2:Battle it is good...(but not much apart from that one :()

I do as well. But still, if it weren't for Mario bringing back gaming from the crash of '83, Sonic wouldn't exist. Hence, I voted for MARIO.

The problem is you will hear many fans say that it went downhill after Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Heroes, at least it got better after Unleashed, Sonic and the BK was pretty good if you enjoy a fast platformer.

Sonic has an awesome skater dude personality, most of the characters are cool, Mario seems to be more family-based, you know, for people of all ages to enjoy, but the games are just repeadetly the same thing. How much more Mario Parties do we need already!?

totally agree on that mario party is really getting boring it was ok for the first 4 but now nothing special

Mario Party is still awesome. And isn't the basic plot of Sonic the same throughout the games anyway? You know, Sonic runs around at the speed of sound crushing things, have Eggman hate him even more, take the spotlight from Tails, transform into Super Sonic and beat up the real bad guy. All in that order.

And wouldn't Rob be the one with the credit? Considering people then didn't want video games?

Eggman is better than Bowser, at least his tactics are better. But he could REALLY bother and make BETTER robots other than those thrash cans than anyone stomps throughout the series.

Hell, they should make more E-series robots, Omega and Gamma are strong enough to lift a car and are a little speedy themselves in robotic standards.

But Gamma kills his brothers and dies after he beats the last one. So no more Gamma. Unless you count the one in Sonic Battle, but I think that's a spin off. And wouldn't Tails Sonic destroy the new robots he makes anyway? Besides, Tails is smarter.

Sonic is no dumbass either. And he would take sometime, Sonic is pretty strong physically but has super speed, it's obvious he'll destroy them. I guess that Eggman must think on funds, too since he knows Sonic will destroy them. :awesome:

And those robots in Sa2 weren't Gammas, they were robots of the E-series, but weaker versions. And Gamma killed his brothers to free them.

Mario Party is still awesome. And isn't the basic plot of Sonic the same throughout the games anyway? You know, Sonic runs around at the speed of sound crushing things, have Eggman hate him even more, take the spotlight from Tails, transform into Super Sonic and beat up the real bad guy. All in that order.

And wouldn't Rob be the one with the credit? Considering people then didn't want video games?

Except for the fact Mario always does the same thing with roughly the same bosses and no plot other than save Princess Peach. In Sonic and the Black Knight he doesn't go into super sonic, neither does he in 7 Rings. Mario gameplay and level design is often duplicated or based off of.

I was talking about SA1. And apparently Eggman's funds must be limitless, since he constructs armada after armada. The Death Egg is stupid big.

Except for the fact Mario always does the same thing with roughly the same bosses and no plot other than save Princess Peach. In Sonic and the Black Knight he doesn't go into super sonic, neither does he in 7 Rings. Mario gameplay and level design is often duplicated or based off of.

So is Sonic's.

Not really. The plot varied alot more to the proportion of the series than Mario did to his series.

Mario is mostly spinoff, Sonic may have followed some steps there, but not with many games.

Mario also saves Peach because it's right, and to get a kiss on the nose, or cake. And Sonic just trolls Eggman who's trolling others.