Navarre and his Orb Shard

Rewjeo

So, does Navarre join next chapter even if I kill him? Hope so, 'cuz he moves, and I do NOT want to deal with some guy running around with a Killer Sword when I can't kill him.

Edit: Also, where IS Samto? I haven't seen him, and I've opened up every room...

Edited by Slize

So, does Navarre join next chapter even if I kill him? Hope so, 'cuz he moves, and I do NOT want to deal with some guy running around with a Killer Sword when I can't kill him.

Edit: Also, where IS Samto? I haven't seen him, and I've opened up every room...

Speak to Navarre with Oguma or Shiida. Then he will magically transform into Samuto.

Samto is a mercenary that tries to impersonate Navarre. The guy who's hired by Lang. This Navarre here actually isn't the real Navarre. It's Samto. He'll show his true face after you talk to him or kill him. Use Oguma or Sheeda to recruit him.

As for the real Navarre, he joins later with the Dancer.

I could've sworn I already tried talking to him with Oguma and it didn't work... Ah, well, my entrance defense strategy is failing anyways, so I'll start over. Thanks!

Edit: Yup, it worked. I hate Lang, though. Only beat him thanks to an amazing stroke of luck. Paola, Marth, AND Oguma critted him. Now, I have one more question. How should I go about recruiting Astria without dieing? I mean, he's kinda surrounded by REALLY scary enemies...

Edited by Slize

You can't recruit Astria now. You have to wait until Aritia Castle to get him. For now, just stay away from because you don't want to get hit by the Miracle Sword.

Edit: Yup, it worked. I hate Lang, though. Only beat him thanks to an amazing stroke of luck. Paola, Marth, AND Oguma critted him.

Use more magic and less melee on the dude. He's a General, what do you expect?

You can't recruit Astria now. You have to wait until Aritia Castle to get him. For now, just stay away from because you don't want to get hit by the Miracle Sword.

Or kill Astria/Astoria if you don't give a damn about the ending and would prefer to have the Miracle Sword around to overlevel several units.

Use more magic and less melee on the dude. He's a General, what do you expect?

Well, I only realized how insane his defenses were once I was already up to him and my mages were all down at the front beating back the reinforcements, so it turned out to be faster to just go with Marth, Oguma, and Paola since it would take so long to get the mages up there. Next time, though, I'm definitely bringing mages up to that room with me.

That's Samuto. Cheap Navarre imitation. You can kill him since he sucks. Navarre is in the next chapter with a dancer whore

Negative.

Since you will miss the greatest portion of the game if you do.

Killing Samto means no proceeding beyond Chapter 20. Just recruit him.

*fixed*

I could've sworn I already tried talking to him with Oguma and it didn't work... Ah, well, my entrance defense strategy is failing anyways, so I'll start over. Thanks!

Edit: Yup, it worked. I hate Lang, though. Only beat him thanks to an amazing stroke of luck. Paola, Marth, AND Oguma critted him. Now, I have one more question. How should I go about recruiting Astria without dieing? I mean, he's kinda surrounded by REALLY scary enemies...

Linda+Aura is an easy way to kill him.

I hate Lang, though.

No kidding. That's why I always hurt him first in the Akanian hurt and heal topics.

Or kill Astria/Astoria if you don't give a damn about the ending and would prefer to have the Miracle Sword around to overlevel several units.

Positive.

He doesn't carry no orb shard and that some players do this anyway in Chapter 9 to have the Miracle Sword earlier.

Negative.

Since you will miss the greatest portion of the game if you do.

What the hell are you talking about?

No kidding. That's why I always hurt him first in the Akanian hurt and heal topics.

uh what?

Positive.

He doesn't carry no orb shard and that some players do this anyway in Chapter 9 to have the Miracle Sword earlier.

Don't you mean to abuse savestates since there's no way your team will be able to take them out

I'm really fuzzy on the details, but I'm pretty sure that you need everyone alive for any chapters past Chapter 20.

I'm pretty sure it's just the full Fire Emblem actually. I missed Banutu in my last run and I still went there.

Edited by BsTrD

I'm really fuzzy on the details, but I'm pretty sure that you need everyone alive for any chapters past Chapter 20.

Orbs to complete the shield actually. Perhaps Ayanami forgot that Samto drops his Orb shard (assuming he does since everything in the second inventory is dropped) and assumed that killing him would mean no orb shard and no real endgame.

Edited by Speedwagon

What the hell are you talking about?

Missing Chapters after 20.

Edited by Ayanami

Missing Chapters after 20.

Holy shit. Did you just ignore the three posts above? I actually kill Samuto and what's his name (blond hair mage dude with Merric) and still continued past C20

Edited by IXIIIVXIXXVVXXIXVIIIXIX

Holy shit. Did you just ignore the three posts above? I actually kill Samuto and what's his name (blond hair mage dude with Merric) and still continued past C20

Wow. I never knew that you could receive the orb shards by defeating them. Wyvern_Sage killed Georgie boy in Chapter 8, and she couldn't go beyond chapter 20. =O

Edited by Ayanami

Uh, I think Ch 8 George drops his Orb Shard as well. You sure it wasn't Ch 5 George? He doesn't have any shards in Ch 5 so I guess killing him means missing the Sagittarius shard.

• 8 years later...
On 3/11/2010 at 11:59 PM, Kriemhild said:

Uh, I think Ch 8 George drops his Orb Shard as well. You sure it wasn't Ch 5 George? He doesn't have any shards in Ch 5 so I guess killing him means missing the Sagittarius shard.

Hi, I am VERY sorry to bump this old, 8 year old topic but I can not make new posts in this forum as far as I can tell.  So, I killed George in chapter 5, I THINK.  There was a long gap between chapter 5 and chapter 6, I took a month break from the game.  Now I have started back again and beat chapters 6 and 7 last night and I am at chapter 8 and no sign of George, so I guess I did kill him.  So if I missed the Sagittarius shard I am not getting the final few chapters, correct?  Is there a code that will allow me to put the orb in my inventory by any chance?   I won't restart the game as I am not a huge fan of Book 2, especially chapters 3 and 5.  Kind of bummed if missing this one orb will cause me to miss part of the end game. Thanks.