FE 5 0% growth run

Icon of Sin

Chapter 10 uploaded!

This chapter isn't easy with normal growths, so you can picture I had my share of problems with this one, especially the ballistae that kept 1 or 2HKOing my units. Thankfully the Dragon Knight boss was easy and Olwen didn't do much damage.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The poor accuracy of the hammer is why I usually have Leaf get captured by the Fire Sword armor before trying to capture it but I guess you didn't have that luxury with your Leaf =\.

Then there's that northern thief, I swear he's the one thing in the chapter that makes restart the most since I move kinda slow here and he often gets to the house before I can.

The southern Ballistae, I deal with those by sending Asvel with Karin on that southern house, his AVO's pretty reliable at this point.

The poor accuracy of the hammer is why I usually have Leaf get captured by the Fire Sword armor before trying to capture it but I guess you didn't have that luxury with your Leaf =\.

Then there's that northern thief, I swear he's the one thing in the chapter that makes restart the most since I move kinda slow here and he often gets to the house before I can.

The southern Ballistae, I deal with those by sending Asvel with Karin on that southern house, his AVO's pretty reliable at this point.

I don't think I would've been able to get that stupid village in time. I doubt he would've been able to kill Leaf, though.

Funnily enough, in most of my attempts he actually came close, enough for me to easily capture him.

I suppose I could've done that I suppose. Could've used the bridge key at the end and possibly kill that stupid ballista.

Also chapter 11 uploaded. Next week I might be able to put three chapters considering that I'm warpskipping 12x for obvious reasons.

Edited by Dio

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 11x uploaded. Now I can't post links anymore on the first page so I decided to make a playlist which should appear any moment now.

I know I'm late, but I was busy with other things these days. I'll try 12 before the week end if I can, but with the amount of work I have to do it might not be possible.

Chapter 11x:

You must be the only person I know who uses Dagda's Bow rank seriously. Dagda with Brave Bow's gonna be hilarious.

Sephina - mount + actual toughness to use it, pretty much (or Xavier - armor + 1 mov). He's actually about 4 arrows short from a C, with possibly a good amount of shooting to do in chapter 14.

In other news, chapters 12 and 12x have been uploaded recently. A bit of warpskip to conserve useful staves, some capturing and stealing here and there.

Oh and Parn joins. That's just lovely.

The playlist is also operational.

Edited by Dio

While the forums went down, I managed to complete both chapters 13 and 14. They were definitely the most fun chapters to do as of now.

---

That's a lot of videos, but turns in these chapters tend to take a lot of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Get some Heim growths on Asvel to make the Ambush combo more effective with Elfire.

I'll see what I can do about it, but it's a bit late for that considering his level.

The point of 0% growths is to be completely non-reliant on the RNG for your units' stats...

To be honest before I started this I wondered for quite a while if I should've kept the scrolls intact or no. In the end, I left them the way they were since I thought this was about the character growths while the items were fair game like stat ups. Someone could've told me before about removing growths from scrolls earlier (preferably before I get them), and I would've been ok with the idea, but since no one did I just continued that way.

I might make one without the scroll growths in the future, but that won't be in quite a while.

Anyway I took a week of break due to my classes ending for good, but now I went through two new chapters :

---

I'm more or less fine with you using scrolls. That comment was directed at Sirius's statement, "get some Heim growths on Asvel to make the Ambush combo more effective with Elfire." Strategies that rely on stats obtained from growths were what I was aiming to remove in a 0% growth playthrough.

I'm more or less fine with you using scrolls. That comment was directed at Sirius's statement, "get some Heim growths on Asvel to make the Ambush combo more effective with Elfire." Strategies that rely on stats obtained from growths were what I was aiming to remove in a 0% growth playthrough.

Did you recruit Olwen (I didn't watch the video)? I think Daim-thunder with ambush would be a good strategy, especially since Asvel will never get enough magic to 1HKO and it still seems gimmicky to me to one shot enemies in normal PTs anyway with Tron+M-Up since raising weapon levels up 3 times is really hard in this game. It definitely doesn't rely on growths to KO. Accuracy can be fixed with support, kinda. Well Fred is viable in a no growth PT so theres him too. Unless you really gave Ambush to Asvel and you can just ignore this comment (too lazy to check >.>)

Edited by Brighton

Did you recruit Olwen (I didn't watch the video)? I think Daim-thunder with ambush would be a good strategy, especially since Asvel will never get enough magic to 1HKO and it still seems gimmicky to me to one shot enemies in normal PTs anyway with Tron+M-Up since raising weapon levels up 3 times is really hard in this game. It definitely doesn't rely on growths to KO. Accuracy can be fixed with support, kinda. Well Fred is viable in a no growth PT so theres him too. Unless you really gave Ambush to Asvel and you can just ignore this comment (too lazy to check >.>)

I did, but I just killed her since I prefer Eyrios. Frankly, Olwen's accuracy can be pretty shaky and I can't risk her getting hit often. 1-2 hits and she's usually dead, and ballistae aren't helping her at all. Either's fine with Ambush, but I went against Sirius' way by raising my Fire rank instead of my Thunder rank, giving me the weaker Elfire when I could've used Tron instead by now. This said, Asvel is perfect to use Meteor now, which will come in handy in the later chapters, and from the calculations I did, he's about 8 castings away from a B in Thunder, so I might be able to use Pure Water + Ambush + Tron after some time after all.

Anyway chapter 16 done. Kinda annoying to recruit Eyrios, but everything went fine. The ballistae later on could've been a problem, but my new recruit saved the day.

I did, but I just killed her since I prefer Eyrios. Frankly, Olwen's accuracy can be pretty shaky and I can't risk her getting hit often. 1-2 hits and she's usually dead, and ballistae aren't helping her at all. Either's fine with Ambush, but I went against Sirius' way by raising my Fire rank instead of my Thunder rank, giving me the weaker Elfire when I could've used Tron instead by now. This said, Asvel is perfect to use Meteor now, which will come in handy in the later chapters, and from the calculations I did, he's about 8 castings away from a B in Thunder, so I might be able to use Pure Water + Ambush + Tron after some time after all.

Not that it matters since you killed Olwen, but realize that unless you somehow increased Asvel's bases stats. Olwen leads Asvel's Bases+Promotion by one skill, one magic, and 2HP. She also has higher base move, 4PCC to Asvel's 3PCC. Olwen starts only 20 hits away from an A in Thunder magic too and has supports with Fred and Leaf rather than just Leaf so she could viably use Tron and bolting really really early. However, saying that her accuracy is shaky and having bad durability when most of your units can't afford to take more than 2 hits and having shaky accurate with normal weapons is...uh...

especially if you are comparing her to Asvel who is worse than her in every way without scrolls, Grafculiber and availability I guess.

But I guess if you plan to use Eyrios than there isn't an option to leave her alive. However, you should note base Eyrios is not going to 1HKO Armor knights in chapter 18 even with pure water without the magic ring, so...yeah watch out for that if you plan to recruit Xavier.

Edited by Brighton

Not that it matters since you killed Olwen, but realize that unless you somehow increased Asvel's bases stats. Olwen leads Asvel's Bases+Promotion by one skill, one magic, and 2HP. She also has higher base move, 4PCC to Asvel's 3PCC. Olwen starts only 20 hits away from an A in Thunder magic too and has supports with Fred and Leaf rather than just Leaf so she could viably use Tron and bolting really really early. However, saying that her accuracy is shaky and having bad durability when most of your units can't afford to take more than 2 hits and having shaky accurate with normal weapons is...uh...

especially if you are comparing her to Asvel who is worse than her in every way without scrolls, Grafculiber and availability I guess.

But I guess if you plan to use Eyrios than there isn't an option to leave her alive. However, you should note base Eyrios is not going to 1HKO Armor knights in chapter 18 even with pure water without the magic ring, so...yeah watch out for that if you plan to recruit Xavier.

Asvel right now has 15 magic, 13 skill and 20 speed, so it shouldn't be much of a problem. He also benefitted from an HP ring and uses less heavy tomes, so his avoid is better and he generally takes a hit more to kill.

Eyrios was given the Magic ring and Duel, but those Armors are likely going to be taken care of by a warped Asvel. Just staying there he's easily going to be in the mid B's in Thunder. Alternatively I could try with Homeros or something.

Asvel right now has 15 magic, 13 skill and 20 speed, so it shouldn't be much of a problem. He also benefitted from an HP ring and uses less heavy tomes, so his avoid is better and he generally takes a hit more to kill.

Eyrios was given the Magic ring and Duel, but those Armors are likely going to be taken care of by a warped Asvel. Just staying there he's easily going to be in the mid B's in Thunder. Alternatively I could try with Homeros or something.

How did Asvel reach 20 speed and 15 magic? How did he gain 7 points of magic? I see scrolls still add growths...

How did Asvel reach 20 speed and 15 magic? How did he gain 7 points of magic? I see scrolls still add growths...

To be fair, I also gave him a magic ring. Asvel's promotion bonuses kinda helped, but like I said earlier, I didn't modify scrolls one bit. Only the characters have been modified.

Just watched 17A. Would've been good to have some siege tomes against the Ballistae. Not a bad way to work on Asvel's Thunder rank with the eastern armors.

Also, lol at the bishop that ran away. This is why I usually send those bastards to sleep since several of them run away after being silenced so you can't steal their stuff.

Edited by Speedwagon

Just watched 17A. Would've been good to have some siege tomes against the Ballistae. Not a bad way to work on Asvel's Thunder rank with the eastern armors.

Also, lol at the bishop that ran away. This is why I usually send those bastards to sleep since several of them run away after being silenced so you can't steal their stuff.

I learned of my mistakes on that one. Siege tomes are used more often later to get rid of ballistae. Still keeping the Blizzards away from action for a bit though.

Well I had to use my last Sleep charge on Misha so bleh.

Anyway I didn't update this thing in a long time, but I currently uploaded up to chapter 20, though I finished chapter 22 today. Uploads will be coming soon.

Edited by Dio

Why didn't you have that one Pegasus Knight escape at the end of Chapter 19?

Also, I lolled at "behold Leaf's EPIC GAMEBREAKING PROMOTION BOOSTS!"

To go to 21x, you need to have one of your units captured or left behind in an escape map. Lots of nice items there.

To go to 21x, you need to have one of your units captured or left behind in an escape map. Lots of nice items there.

Pretty much.

Warp Staff, Blizzard, Warp Staff, Thunderstorm, Warp Staff, Unlock, Warp Staff, Master Sword, Warp Staff, Knight Proof and last but not least, Warp Staff.

Anyway long time no bumping this thing, but I guess it's time to announce that I finished the run. Difficulty was about what I expected, with some hard spots here and there. If I had to pick a single hardest chapter it would probably be somewhere along the early Manster chapters now that I had Brighton, Fergus or Dalsin at best to defend against Armors, Mages and lots of Soldiers. All-around slow, I know. Lots of mistakes, I know. I really didn't aim for a perfect run, just something to have fun with Strange definition of fun that was. A fun challenge and I'd invite you to try it and do better than what I did.