Music Thread

BK-201

Wow! And isn't Utada Hikaru the same person who sang "Simple and Clean" (KH soundtrack)?

Yep. She's so talented, wouldn't you say? I'm trying to learn how to play Passion on my piano at home but the sheet music is almost impossible to read (there's stuff on it even I don't recognize). I'll get it, though.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is still pretty cool. Are you sure it's one person singing this?! It's pretty awesome ^_^.

Indeed. And yes, it's only one person. Enjolras!!!!! tells me that the two roles were recorded separately though. Must be pretty tough if you ask me, having to keep going without hearing the responses.

Well, it is indeed all done by Anthony Warlow, but indeed record separately. This is the only version which has it this way, though. All others were recorded in one stroke, and on stage it's done in one too, so notes don't overlap in any other version (unless there's an echo).

And any person who can read music should be able to easily follow the sheet music and see where to sing(when it's done in a studio, on stage you don't have sheet music, of course, but then you're singing all lines in one stroke)

Due the overlapping voices in some of the parts, I'd say it'd have to be...I don't know how one person could sing something completely different WHILE holding a note at the same time. Or someone is just very talented...

Yep 3:19 - 3:25 you can hear the overlapping...hence it needs to be recorded separately.

After 2:00 it just becomes complete awesomeness...dammit enjo, you and your musicals...it's so awesome.

Anyone, no matter the talent, cannot sing a new line while holding another note. Only way to do is is through echo.

Though, Anthony Warlow is still VERY talented.

Indeed, and if oyu listen well you hear a choir going "ahhhhh" on the background.

I know. =p

Well, it is indeed all done by Anthony Warlow, but indeed record separately. This is the only version which has it this way, though. All others were recorded in one stroke, and on stage it's done in one too, so notes don't overlap in any other version (unless there's an echo).

And any person who can read music should be able to easily follow the sheet music and see where to sing(when it's done in a studio, on stage you don't have sheet music, of course, but then you're singing all lines in one stroke)

Anyone, no matter the talent, cannot sing a new line while holding another note. Only way to do is is through echo.

Indeed, and if oyu listen well you hear a choir going "ahhhhh" on the background.

I know. =p

I would imagine it to be quite difficult to keep changing your tone on the stage.

I haven't heard any other version but Anthony Warlow's one is just too amazing. I lost count of how many times I heard this one.

I would imagine it to be quite difficult to keep changing your tone on the stage.

I haven't heard any other version but Anthony Warlow's one is just too amazing. I lost count of how many times I heard this one.

I think you get used to it, and if you look at the sheet music, there's enough time between their lines up until the "I'll live inside you..."-part. That's the hardest (especially the "NO!"'s).

Well, I posted the Japanese version by Takeshi Kaga on the previous page, and if you youtube "confrontation jekyll hyde" you'll get lots of results (good and bad ones)

I know. =p

Echo? Is that a special effect thing or is that due to the building?

I can read music, just haven't done so in years!

haha, I thought so.

...I'll have to try that, I missed the ahhhhh

haha, I thought so.

They can do that with the soundoard in the back of the stalls, but it's not done in Jekyll and Hyde AFAIK.

Refresh it.

=p

I did so too the first...10 or so times. Only started notcing when paying attention to the accompanying melodies (nad I saw it on the sheet music XD)

A normal echo, I'm guessing.

Is there anything you CAN'T do?

haha, I thought so.

I should probably look up more from Anthony Warlow

Same here. Listening to it again.

A normal echo, I'm guessing.

I should probably look up more from Anthony Warlow

Same here. Listening to it again.

See above post.

1. Download the CSR of Les Miserables, he does Enjolras there.

2. Download his albums, I think there's 4 of 'em.

=D

I- I wish you could swim

Like the dolphins-like dolphins can swim.

I'm actually surprised Hatari posted RAtM(non-related to the previous quote)

I feel ashamed in myself. I haven't put up any Sting or Prince yet.

Hell, I know I've claimed that I've grown up listening to Motown but I lied. Sting and Prince have been ingrained into my system as "awesome". And they actually are. Prince is THE most talented man in music today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21TdUKO2T4w

Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch

Rage Against the Machine.

I didn't post any of that...at least I don't think I did...since I don't really know who they are in the first place.

Rei Rei - Get your eyes checked. I'm pretty sure I never posted anything of theirs. I posted Rise Against and Ra.

I feel ashamed in myself. I haven't put up any Sting or Prince yet.

Hell, I know I've claimed that I've grown up listening to Motown but I lied. Sting and Prince have been ingrained into my system as "awesome". And they actually are. Prince is THE most talented man in music today.

Hellz yeah, Prince is the shit. I just recently started to listen to his music for some arbitrary reason and I'm glad I did XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSqYAbBFhzc

Rei Rei - Get your eyes checked. I'm pretty sure I never posted anything of theirs. I posted Rise Against and Ra.

......It's a downward spiral.