English or math class

HongLei

Which is worse eng or math class  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse English or math class

And that's why I like English! Maths is just...bland. Do this. Now do that. Finish that column. Now shoot yourself.

Also, there's no way to be creative in Maths beyond taking strange routes to the same goddamn answer.

Go get a graphing calculator.

Plug in: tanX^3+5X^2-sinX+12

Tell me that isn't beautiful!

If a teacher hates u they can find creative ways too mark u down even on a near perfect essay. May just fail u for illedgible handwritting or make u do it again (I have had to redo parts and just didn't get credit for illedgible parts)

If a teacher hates u they can find creative ways too mark u down even on a near perfect essay. May just fail u for illedgible handwritting or make u do it again (I have had to redo parts and just didn't get credit for illedgible parts)

...wait, you're handwriting an essay?

I used to remember two functions that made a heart, and then you could integrate the area between them for some really cool designs... they're escaping my mind right now, but the bottom part was most likely an absolute value of some sort and the top was... the absolute value of part of a sinusoidal curve? I can't recall. Oh well.

In my opinion, if you're doing it right, both can be great. I was never a big fan of English until I took my first college class in structuralist theory in 11th grade. Instantly loved it, even though I'm a huge sciences kind of guy. As nerdy as it sounds, the way math is so elegant and so sensical, unlike anything else in this world, is beautiful.

I used to remember two functions that made a heart, and then you could integrate the area between them for some really cool designs...

y = abs(x) for the bottom parts.

y = 1 + abs(sin(pi*x)) for the top curve.

See if that works for you.

I knew it was something like that. Anyways, math FTW.

Agreed. Did those curves work alright for you?

EDIT: Plotted them on Mathematica just now. The first one is fine. But the curve y = (1 + .5*Abs[sin[Pi*x]^(.75)]) worked a LOT better and was much smoother.

Edited by Lord Ratatosk