Travian.

Raven

Travian is a browser game where people build up a single village in a 800x800 map full of individual villages. As time progresses, you can found more villages, effectively expanding your population.

But it isn't just about the population. If anything, that's just the tip of the iceberg. The main thing about this game is using your resource fields to train units, and attack other people's villages, effectively stealing their resources for your own purposes.

There's also joining an alliance, which you need to work with towards the end of the game. The server is already 2 months in, but I only started 3 days ago, so don't let that put you off.

Register to Server 4.

That is where I am; my username is Razgriz. Hit me up with a message on there once you're on, and I can try to help you with advice, etc.

Any questions, post them here.

Edited by Raven

I played for a while in some server I forget, except I fail at keeping a standing army without help. 2 villages is the most I've ever got to before getting epically screwed, plus vacation got in the way of one.

I played for a while in some server I forget, except I fail at keeping a standing army without help. 2 villages is the most I've ever got to before getting epically screwed, plus vacation got in the way of one.

I see, so your activity was why you didn't get that far. If you got a sitter, you wouldn't have had to look after your account so much, and they could have looked after your account while you were on holiday too.

Well I did have a sitter, he got destroyed by one of the top alliances then. It was also out of the blue, as I tried getting a sitter from my alliance, but didn't have enough time.

Been there myself, it sucks.

The best thing any player can do in my opinion, is to dual with another player. Two people sharing one account. That way, it would be looked after twice as much. The only problem with that is that both people might do different things to what the other might, and unintentionally piss each other off.

Isn't that against the rules or no?

Nope - it's against the rules for one person to use another person's account when they already have their own, unless they are set as the sitter.

I played a long, long time ago, and I was pretty good. After I built everything I got kind of bored with it, as I didn't find the metagame, nor the endgame particularly appealing.

Looks like the only images I still have from those days are below.

largestplayers.png

thebeast.png